Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, mud or water on the rock rails will end up on your calf getting in and out...
Sponsored

OUSigAlph

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@IceBender13 - What splash guards/flaps did you install for your Sas OBX? I'm still looking for options before getting some.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where you live dictates a lot. On my JK, I’ve got a holster under the dash with a pistol in it. Buddy and I went to Walmart one day - top off and only half doors on. He’s like “aren’t you gonna bring that pistol in with you?”, I’m like “naw”. Never had a problem.

Full disclosure - it was a HiPoint .45. So…..yeah….no tears shed if somebody did steal it. Also could explain why nobody ever wanted to steal it :LOL: :LOL:

EDIT: for all I know, it’s been stolen a half dozen times, dude snatches it and then’s like “WTF? A HiPoint??“ and puts it back

IceBender13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco sport,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Enjoy each and every day. 100 days of summer with only 25 days with doors on. Mostly had the top down for the surprise rain and Hot sun days. Kind of a pain to remove completely. Splash guards a must to keep the road spray out when doors off. The rain should be only the least of concerns. When pressure washing takes longer inside than outside.

A79D0CC0-D516-4F6D-8AE5-656B8C757785.jpeg

C38B6912-D291-45AE-9B60-40980DA0C7A2.jpeg

23DD3575-15C1-46BE-895C-615B157DCF43.jpeg

02A912ED-19A2-4E1B-B569-5A13607B49F2.jpeg
This is our daily driver
@IceBender13 - What splash guards/flaps did you install for your Sas OBX? I'm still looking for options before getting some.
Went to Amazon and purchased the $15 cheap thin ones. Custom fit using same fender screws, spacers behind the flap and inner fender, as I screwed them snug I heated very slightly to mold into shape. Cut upper part to long and flapped into black fender to keep mud from getting behind. Been holding up great for almost a year now and not unsightly.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These are the ones I have - the Mabett ones, and they are perfect. Fit really nicely, no drilling or cutting: https://amzn.to/3Evkhrg

Also, pic of top off, doors off and mud flaps on, to keep it relevant!

Ford Bronco Top-off / topless etiquette and best practices IMG_1534

Sponsored

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need help with taking the top off etiquette. This is my first vehicle like this. Sorry about the questions.

1. What happens when I go to the store? Can I just leave it all open as long as I have no valuables inside?
2. What happens if it rains? I would check the weather, but storms sometimes pop up out of nowhere. Do you recommend that I keep a Tarp on me at all times? I saw some other nice covers as well.
3. How do I store the vehicle with top off in the garage? I feel like it will gather dust etc.
4. Do you go with all 3 sections off or just the first 2? Pros and cons..
5. Can you store the panels in the trunk without damaging them? My vehicle came with the bag.
If it's parked outside overnight people will get into your car if the top is off or if the doors are open/off. Heck, I've had car alarms go off because people were trying to get into my locked cars parked on the street. I'm not sure what it's like where you're located, but unfortunately here in Los Angeles County people will always look into your car. If it's parked inside at night you should be fine and just don't leave anything valuable in your car when it's parked outside. My dad is retired LE and always told people who were reporting B&Es to please not leave anything in your car you don't want stolen. If you have ever seen "The Other Guys" you don't want dirty Mike and the boys to spend a night in your car.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Get a soft top - problem solved :) (and a safe or rear cage)

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Need help with taking the top off etiquette. This is my first vehicle like this. Sorry about the questions.

1. What happens when I go to the store? Can I just leave it all open as long as I have no valuables inside?
2. What happens if it rains? I would check the weather, but storms sometimes pop up out of nowhere. Do you recommend that I keep a Tarp on me at all times? I saw some other nice covers as well.
3. How do I store the vehicle with top off in the garage? I feel like it will gather dust etc.
5. Can you store the panels in the trunk without damaging them? My vehicle came with the bag.
Topless etiquette to me is be sure you have something someone wants to see. But seriously, I’m adding this to my two door that is easy to pull the top and front panels if you don’t need the secure trunk from time to time

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/products/bronco-locker-security-enclosure-2-door

And I’m waiting on the TopLiftPros lift to arrive so I can keep it in the garage and park under it

https://topliftpros.com/products/toplift-pro-bronco-2-door-hardtop-removal-tool-for-ford-bronco®

And to keep dust to a minimum, the Ford cockpit cover

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2dr-2021-full-vehicle-cover-for-soft-cockpit-1

OP
OP

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t leave anything of value in mine when the top is off.
I also just added the ring dash cam and it’s pretty cool. Will alert almost instantly if there is any motion.

Ford Bronco Top-off / topless etiquette and best practices 582764A3-5DF5-4D5A-9D01-713419196EF8
Tell
Me
More about the use case here

Sponsored

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tell
Me
More about the use case here
It’s a dash cam with forward and rear facing cameras.
it has LTE so if you subscribe ($60/year), you can view in the app any time.
Being Ring, it also functions much like their doorbells and cameras with motion alerts, etc.
I leave my top off all the time and while I don’t leave anything in it, gives a little peace of mind.
My only complaint with it so far is the overall resolution could be better.

Bigeye27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I've owned three jeeps all and have had some type of soft top, no doors, hard top off scenario for at least 6 months of the year for years. (Still waiting for my Bronco - approaching 900 days BTW). There are two types of top off/doors off owners. Short-term and long term top off owners. Short term - anything goes because it really doesn't matter. Answers for long term see below:

1. What happens when I go to the store? Can I just leave it all open as long as I have no valuables inside? Don't leave anything valuable inside. Top off and soft top vehicles are magnets for morons and crackheads. They can't resist what they view as an easy score. They will tear your vehicle apart just to grab the change out of the cup holder. Makes no sense but it's a universal truth for soft top jeep owners, can't see why it would be any different for Bronco owners.

2. What happens if it rains? I would check the weather, but storms sometimes pop up out of nowhere. Do you recommend that I keep a Tarp on me at all times? I saw some other nice covers as well. No, just get a bikini top and watch the weather. It's amazing what the bikini keeps out and how much more long term useable your vehicle will be with just a bikini top. Your Bronco can get wet and it has drains. What needs to be protected is the center console and screens. The bikini does that in many scenarios. No tarp ever. If you want the lifestyle it comes with some risk.

3. How do I store the vehicle with top off in the garage? I feel like it will gather dust etc. Always in the garage. Dust? it's a truck. In most parts of the country, if your vehicle is left outside overnight with no top - the entire vehicle will be wet and soggy every morning and all of the glass will be covered on the inside with water marks. Very annoying. A night or two outside is fine but long term it's going to be a much more pleasant experience if it's kept inside.

4. Do you go with all 3 sections off or just the first 2? Pros and cons.. The most usable/ fun scenario is bikini on and doors on (windows down) and everything else off. (long term doors off ends up being a pain and not worth it - half doors are great but obviously they don't exist for a Bronco).

5. Can you store the panels in the trunk without damaging them? My vehicle came with the bag. Yes, but you are asking for headaches and it will be a magnet for crackheads. Leave everything you take off in your garage.

Reactions: MJJ

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. Diabolical inc has a rear enclosure you can install. I've got one that I take out in the winter and put back in when I start taking the top off. This makes it easier to throw stuff in the back when out and about and have it protected.
2. Ford has a cockpit cover that I carry with me in the back when I've got the top completely off.
3. Every car gets dusty. Just wipe it off. It's made to get dirty and clean easily.
4. If I take the top off, I take it all off.
5. I keep all my panels in the garage.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dont have a garage. Will take off top two panels on a nice weekend day but put them on at night. Toss them in the trunk. Never opened the storage bags. As for the mid panel I will also take off depending on kid situation or if I’m not travelling too far from the house in case of random rain. Again putting back on at night. But generally it’s just tossing the front panels in the trunk for the day.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If not sure if people have said this (thread is getting long), but when I have my soft top down and I park somewhere that I won't be able to see the Bronco, I put the windows up and lock the doors. There is nothing too valuable inside, but maybe a pair of sunglasses, etc. Obviously someone can still get in, but its kind of awkward and would draw some attention to climb over the back, jump in the front, and root around.
Sponsored