2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I "looks" like a tandum axle trailer to me, but we need verification from the person who took the photos.

.....and that's a 2 Door Bronco!
Looks like a single axle to me.
I posted up above that I reached out to the guy who posted those FB pics and he said it was a tandem axle trailer.
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can clearly see two wheel wells, so definitely dual axle trailer.
Sooooo.....what am I missing? Has this been posted and dissected before?
Why is no one freaking out about this?
Typically, if your towing a dual axle trailer, it's because you're hauling more than 3500lbs.
I won't take offence if you burst my bubble and call me an idiot, but this is huge in my books.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Typically, if your towing a dual axle trailer, it's because you're hauling more than 3500lbs.
I won't take offence if you burst my bubble and call me an idiot, but this is huge in my books.
On a two-door too!
I'm getting used to disappointment so really trying not to get my hopes up.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On a two-door too!
Fully understand. I guess us towing guys are bit more reserved.
It just seems that you could put a 1" spot of a certain paint color on the Bronco and it'd have 97 pages of responses in the first hour. :D

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I "looks" like a tandum axle trailer to me, but we need verification from the person who took the photos.

.....and that's a 2 Door Bronco!
On a two-door too!
Yes, I know!!!

All that I can think of is that FoMoCo had the 3500lbs as a "placeholder" for tow ratings and that they are still sorting it out. Hopefully what is being tested here is the Heavy Duty Tow Package with Brake Controller and they are doing it with the 2D as it would be a worst case.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I dont want to be disappointed again lol. So even though I got the answer from the guy who posted the pics, I’ll just wait and see What Ford says at this point.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I dont want to be disappointed again lol. So even though I got the answer from the guy who posted the pics, I’ll just wait and see What Ford says at this point.
Come on Man!!!!! Spill it! (please)

TangoUniform

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
The real question here is why do the released pictures contradict what the website says? I just checked and it specifies Class II across every model. A Class II has, by definition, a 1.25" receiver. The pictures show what appears to be a 2" receiver (and a 7 pin plug) which makes it a minimum of a class III. If they really switched it to class II, I will skip the towing option and hope for an aftermarket option to come quickly or just fabricate my own with a 2" receiver.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The real question here is why do the released pictures contradict what the website says? I just checked and it specifies Class II across every model. A Class II has, by definition, a 1.25" receiver. The pictures show what appears to be a 2" receiver (and a 7 pin plug) which makes it a minimum of a class III. If they really switched it to class II, I will skip the towing option and hope for an aftermarket option to come quickly or just fabricate my own with a 2" receiver.
No. Class rating and hitch size do not correlate like that.

A Class III will be at least 2"... but just because something is 2" doesn't mean it's rated a Class III.

(Jeep wranglers have 2" Class II receivers.)

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Among towing receiver manufacturers, it is a generally accepted standard. Class I and II are 1.25" and class II and IV are 2".

https://www.curtmfg.com/types-trailer-hitches
Maybe it used to match up that way a few years ago but not lately. My teardrop trailer has a 2" receiver on the back of it but a sticker right above it that says like "MAX 100lbs" so that like Class 0 or something (meant to use for like a bike rack). 2" is just a more standard size so you see them slapped onto things like CUVs that clearly would not meet the other Class III specs. The classification is by lowest rated component, so a receiver alone does not result in a classification rating.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Among towing receiver manufacturers, it is a generally accepted standard. Class I and II are 1.25" and class II and IV are 2".

https://www.curtmfg.com/types-trailer-hitches
Curt is the only manufacturer page I’ve seen that flat out says class 2 is a 1-1/4 hitch receiver. Every other brand I’ve seen says class 2 hitch is “usually” 1-1/4in square receiver. That usually being the operative word, it doesn’t have to be, and having a 2in doesn’t automatically make it class 3 or above. Both drawtite and Reese, two other manufacturers, say class 2 “usually” has 1-1/4 hitch receiver. The class rating is more about the weight cap not just the hitch size.

TangoUniform

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, Ok. I'll I'm really concerned about is that the towing package will come with a 2" receiver. A 3500lb rating is not amazing but it will satisfy my needs. My Tacoma has the same rating and pulls my 3000lb boat just fine, with the exception that the 160HP motor struggles to get it up hills.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, Ok. I'll I'm really concerned about is that the towing package will come with a 2" receiver. A 3500lb rating is not amazing but it will satisfy my needs. My Tacoma has the same rating and pulls my 3000lb boat just fine, with the exception that the 160HP motor struggles to get it up hills.
Quick questions is that 3000lbs the boat only or does it include the trailer? How many people and how much cargo do you have in the truck while towing it?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is your concern the rating or the receiver size? I ask because even though it’s rated a Class II, the Bronco receiver is still 2”.
Naw. None of the above. I'm just saying I want some sort of receiver for the pictured recovery point. It was a bit of a smart assed post in the middle of what turned out to be an actual towing discussion. Even if I'm towing class ii weight, id still want a class iii receiver for a box trailer to make roughing it a little more comfortable than a tent and less expensive than the dedicated overland trailers on the market.
Sponsored