The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Instead of a classy "welcome back to the trails!", it's more pant-shitting panic from the competition like Jeep did late last year.
Sponsored

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Notice they forgot to tell everyone about the stack of frames behind almost all Toyota dealerships from all the ones they had to replace. They bought back my 4Runner which was the last Toyota I will own other than maybe the Supra.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised they're concerned at all. The Ranger and GM twins haven't hurt Tacoma sales.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not gonna lie, that 2 door Tundra with what looks like a short bed (?) looks awesome.
Thank You!! It’s super rare too with only 6,000 Regular Cab Tundras made between 2007 and 2018. Of those Regular Cabs, everything after 2014 had 8 foot beds. 2007-2013 only years to find the short bed, and maybe half were 4x4. Also, 4 engine options 4.0 V6, 4.7 V8, 4.6 V8 or the 5.7 V8. Best guestamit Is my 5.7 short bed 4x4 is 1:600 and maybe 1:50 in Nautical Blue. So many were plain white work trucks. It’ll be my tow rig (10,000lb rating) to get my rock crawling Bronco to the trails.

Sponsored

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FJ, I hadn't really thought about it. ;)

Blue FJ Crusier 2.jpg

2540.jpg
I always thought the FJs looked like a Picasso painting. It just got weird past the front door.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it wouldn't be the 4.0 engine which would have the problem it would be the brakes which would have the problems... but, the bronco has a 3500 tow limit...

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Random question that I am sure someone knows right off the top of their head. What front axel or axel options come on the current 4runner?
Toyota front and rear differentials are proprietary, meaning Toyota brand. They are distinguished by diameter, which is in inches, and easily referenced for us Americans. The 4Runner has a smaller 8” front diff. The non-Sasquatch Bronco Dana 190”mm” is about 7.5” while the Sasquatch Dana IFS 210”mm”is 8.25”. The Jeep Rubicon comes with a Dana 210 solid front axle as it’s upgrade over lesser models.
If you want to beef up the Bronco use the Toyota 9” front diff from a Sequoia or Tundra, but mounting points will need to be fabricated.

I’m not a Jeep or Dana axle guy so I have no idea what they heat treat the axles to. I have seen numerous threads on “strengthened” axles for Dana products. I had a buddy break a rear Dana 44 axle within 2,000 miles on his 2021 Rubicon so I’m not impressed.

Toyota IFS diffs and solid rear axles last forever. The ONLY things I’ve ever changed on a Toyota are the CV axles (front after 200,000 miles) and seals, and oil every 100,000 miles.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the toyota is no joke... i could not have a higher level of trust... my only wish was that i used to smoke in my tacoma, burner a couple of holes in the sear covers.. i will be keeping my tacoma and trading in my fiat 124 abarth for the bronco...

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Toyota front and rear differentials are proprietary, meaning Toyota brand. They are distinguished by diameter, which is in inches, and easily referenced for us Americans. The 4Runner has a smaller 8” front diff. The non-Sasquatch Bronco Dana 190”mm” is about 7.5” while the Sasquatch Dana IFS 210”mm”is 8.25”. The Jeep Rubicon comes with a Dana 210 solid front axle as it’s upgrade over lesser models.
If you want to beef up the Bronco use the Toyota 9” front diff from a Sequoia or Tundra, but mounting points will need to be fabricated.

I’m not a Jeep or Dana axle guy so I have no idea what they heat treat the axles to. I have seen numerous threads on “strengthened” axles for Dana products. I had a buddy break a rear Dana 44 axle within 2,000 miles on his 2021 Rubicon so I’m not impressed.

Toyota IFS diffs and solid rear axles last forever. The ONLY things I’ve ever changed on a Toyota are the CV axles (front after 200,000 miles) and seals, and oil every 100,000 miles.
@Bikeric thank you very much for taking the time to type that out! It is exactly the information I was looking for!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dsevard

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia & FJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Toyota has nothing for me unless they start doing an FJ again. Which I could see happening
I have a 2012 FJ and love it. If they bring the FJ back with a removable hard top I’m trading my Bronco for one.
Sponsored