Sponsored

What model Pak Rax are you interested in?

• Total voters

justinbmcbride

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great to hear. I’m going to need 2 of these for fuel and Maxtrax on my 4 door ASAP.
They are sold in pairs… so you only need one order.
Sponsored

justinbmcbride

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohhhh.....I understand now! I am planning on doing a rooftop tent like a GFC or CVT hardshell tent. Will there be any interference for a setup like that........which I understand is very theoretical?!
You’ll be fine. I have had both the CVT and GFC (including Superlite) while running these on my Jeep.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohhhh.....I understand now! I am planning on doing a rooftop tent like a GFC or CVT hardshell tent. Will there be any interference for a setup like that........which I understand is very theoretical?!
No you should be just fine to make that work! In fact we are working with other roof rack companies and making some brackets and full roof racks to build off of it!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The (not so) long waited for screenshots of the Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco iterations
Here they are! Hopefully "hanging in there" was not that bad. Let us know what you think. Before you get typing keep in mind this is subject to change and NOT the final product of our TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco. We are still working on this file but felt like you wanted some eye candy for this fine Hump day.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! view 2.JPG
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! view 1.JPG
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! view 3.JPG

Last edited:

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm excited! Trail Rax was on my wish list for a long time! Loooking good so far. How is it gonna integrate with a factory roof rack? I see you are adding an extra piece where usually a factory roof rack mounts.
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! 1635981179798

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, we are not seeing many options for the soft top model Broncos. We will be focusing on the hardtops. We have our connections and are following the developments of the hard tops on these broncos. hopefully, by the time we put together a Pak Rax. The Hardtops will be in full swing at Ford.

Never say never though, We will look into the soft top version.
You had me going.. Ohh yea.. then you completely dissappointed me. considering there are probably more soft tops on the road than hard tops.. Dont leave us behind.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm excited! Trail Rax was on my wish list for a long time! Loooking good so far. How is it gonna integrate with a factory roof rack? I see you are adding an extra piece where usually a factory roof rack mounts.
Ford Bronco TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco! 1635981179798
Good Eye! We are currently working on a bracket that will not need our Heavy-Duty top bracket and use the Ford Roof rack mount to just directly mount our Pak Rax to it. For those who do not plan to have the Ford Roof rack, this is where our mount comes in and can be used.

We also paid close attention to that design and what you can ultimately do is remove the plastic ford footprint and replace it with our heavy-duty steel bracket that you can re-attach the Ford Roof rack to. Let us know what you think!

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now I just need a mic top in a few years! Wait! First I need a Bronco to be built.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You’ll be fine. I have had both the CVT and GFC (including Superlite) while running these on my Jeep.
Cool! Just curious which one you like better? You can PM me if you prefer not to answer publicly.

I have a current CVT thats a fold out type(cant remember the name of it), its on my little Crosstrek and its been great but thinking of doing GFC on the Bronco for mobility etc.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You had me going.. Ohh yea.. then you completely dissappointed me. considering there are probably more soft tops on the road than hard tops.. Dont leave us behind.
Like we have mentioned... we have looked into it and will look into it more. But is is highly unlikely we will be able to put together a soft-top version as it will require cutting holes into the soft top and creating extra bracketry that is otherwise unneeded. Plan for a hardtop as Ford is catching up with production and it will ultimately be the only option people will go for as the hardtop adds superior weather resistance, sound deadening, and much more.

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like we have mentioned... we have looked into it and will look into it more. But is is highly unlikely we will be able to put together a soft-top version as it will require cutting holes into the soft top and creating extra bracketry that is otherwise unneeded. Plan for a hardtop as Ford is catching up with production and it will ultimately be the only option people will go for as the hardtop adds superior weather resistance, sound deadening, and much more.
Wow... just wow.... not even going to respond to this...

Nope... gonna breathe.. not gonna spin out of control.....

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, how do you propose they connect a bracket like this to a soft top?
Why not an option tied into a bumper where the bumper takes the load of the tire and rack off of the tailgate? so you dont have to have a bracket attached to the top. With the history of the MOD tops, do you Really trust it to hold up the weight for the long term?

ALso... how in the heck are you going to get into the back of the bronco? The whole point of this should be to be able to take additional things with you when overlanding or camping or fill in the blank... . but if you mount to the back of the hard top like that, you cant even get into the back of the rig to get to your camping supplies, cooler, etc...

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have to find out via a 3D scan and play with one in real life. Holes through the soft top will need to be made then reinforced for strength and clearance need to be reconsidered due to the soft top being completely different from the Hardtop. It will take us months to put together a drawing.
Holes in the soft top would be a deal breaker for many... Including me.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not an option tied into a bumper where the bumper takes the load of the tire and rack off of the tailgate? so you dont have to have a bracket attached to the top. With the history of the MOD tops, do you Really trust it to hold up the weight for the long term?
The tailgate is already overloaded with weight due to large tires so we cannot use that option. making a mount from the bumper would not look appealing and deem it too much steel or used metal.

We truly believe in the hard tops' strength and durability as we have had years testing with Jeep's hardtops we know this one will be a lot more durable. Also keep in mind, 2 of the 4 mounting locations for the Pak Rax are mounting to the Tub/ the actual body of the car.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Need one of these with a bike mount add-on!
Sponsored