Sponsored

Trigger warning: My Dealer Said... They paid a res holder to let the dealer flip their Bronco

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There have been several people on here who have stated their dealer offered them $10-20k to walk away from their order. So this is believable.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer did the same thing, offered to "buy out" a reservation and then lifted it, put custom wheels and tires on it and even custom leather seats and sold at a big markup. They offered it to me before our reservation came in, but I passed.

Aaeros

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree, this is the right way to do it. It's a win-win for the dealer and the reservation holder. I doubt my dealer could offer me enough, but if they did, I would just have to order the Bronco Raptor as soon as that is open.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer offered me 10k to walk. As long as they aren't stealing reservations, it's all good. They can't get enough new vehicles in, so they need to make money flipping. I don't like it, but I understand.
Chis Rock?

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm fine with that if the person that is getting bought out is fine with it. They aren't taking the risk at that point. The dealership is taking the risk and may not sell it with the big ADM. If my dealership offered me cash i wouldn't do it because i really want my Badlands and i don't want to pay the tax on that profit because you can bet the dealership WILL report that to the IRS and the person is gonna see a nice tax bill.

slocobra03

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Explore ST, MG, Isetta, Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer tried to talk me out of purchasing my reservation and was offering me over sticker to walk away. I did not accept their offer and they were good with selling it to me at the agreed upon price when I placed the order in March '21.... Just this week, the same dealer reached out to me to see if I would be willing to sell them my Bronco and they would offer me KBB value as they have customers that are willing to pay over sticker for it... crazy world!

Not for sale, but agree that everyone has their price.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems like Having your dealer offer you money to walk is a much better way to go. You don't take the sales tax hit, have to wait for a title, pay insurance while waiting, and no smog to deal with.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sam Kinison “I don’t condone wife beating…..I understand it.”
[/QUOTE]

Chris Rock
So you gotta look at OJ's situation. He's paying $25,000 a month in alimony, got a another man driving around in his car and f*#king his wife in a house he's still paying the mortgage on. Now I'm not saying he should have killed her... but I understand.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it makes perfect sense. When I had not yet gotten my Built notice (12/26) and began to wrestle with whether to just order a 22....but didn't really want to let the 21 go, nor actually have to buy it and resell it and lose the sales taxes. Makes much more sense for the dealer to say, "Here's 10k, thanks for your ride" and let me move on. They'll make that again....what's so wrong?

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if anything were to happen for the dealer to get ADM besides an abandoned order, that's how it should happen. If it was me I'd take at minimum 15K(BadSquatch Hardtop 2.7) and the dealer would have to put in a new order for me or I'd go to another local dealer and put in a new order. Waited this long I'm taking free money.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seems like Having your dealer offer you money to walk is a much better way to go. You don't take the sales tax hit, have to wait for a title, pay insurance while waiting, and no smog to deal with.
I would take 10k cash and place another order...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would take 10k cash and place another order...
Me, too. Instead of a six month old dirt mountain parolee, I'd have the 22 in a couple months.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've paid my customers in multiple ways, in varying amounts to obtain Broncos. I've paid some of them that didn't want to place an order to do so and let us have it. And then I've paid some that decided they didn't want it once it actually came in. I've also bought a few that I paid customers a lot over MSRP so I could obtain them for R&D purposes at my custom shop. Some of those I gave to Ford to send to SEMA, so I could justify the expense. It's all business IMO.
Sponsored