First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great thread, thank you so much for putting all this info together! Our Bronco has arrived at the dealer and looks to be ready for purchase. I want to be as prepared as I can before going in so any help on what we should be getting in price protection would be great:

Day one reservation holder here, placed order in Oct. 2020. Originally OB with Lux, Sas, Mic, Mod bumper, and Tow pkg. When it was obvious we weren't getting our Bronco in the first year the dealer had us reorder again for model 22. We changed to Badlands and took off the tow at dealers advice in hopes it would help the build along. Also added dual top option.

After waiting like most people and still no 22 Bronco we received the email from Ford about model 23 constraints. For us, taking all 3 options off was a deal breaker so per the dealer we decided to remove the Mic. Scheduled and then built in Feb 23 and sat in "the Bronco parking lot" until 3 week ago when we got the email in transit and finally delivered.

We have 3 different price sheets from Ford: Preview Orders from 06/30/22, 10/04/22, and the current window sticker (and destination has gone up to $200 now lol) all with different pricing for msrp and group 334A. I've confirmed we have the price protection certificate good until Oct, what other reductions should I be eligible for? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have 3 different price sheets from Ford: Preview Orders from 06/30/22, 10/04/22, and the current window sticker (and destination has gone up to $200 now lol) all with different pricing for msrp and group 334A. I've confirmed we have the price protection certificate good until Oct, what other reductions should I be eligible for? Thanks in advance!
Need more information. What was the invoice date on your window sticker? (Reference the first post.)

geomatic

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need more information. What was the invoice date on your window sticker? (Reference the first post.)
Apologies, my invoice date is 02/28/23. I missed the flow chart hi res link and couldn't zoom in enough to read the chart lol. Looks like I'd be eligible for column A and C, correct?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies, my invoice date is 02/28/23. I missed the flow chart hi res link and couldn't zoom in enough to read the chart lol. Looks like I'd be eligible for column A and C, correct?
Yup, should be columns A & C off of the window sticker price.

(Window Sticker) - (Column A) - (Column C) = (Final Price)

That number should also be the samn number as your preview order sheet from 10/04/22 minus the column A amount. Although it sounds like you may have removed the MIC hard top after that preview sheet was printed, so not sure if that order sheet is 100% reflective of what you ordered.

geomatic

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, should be columns A & C off of the window sticker price.

(Window Sticker) - (Column A) - (Column C) = (Final Price)

That number should also be the samn number as your preview order sheet from 10/04/22 minus the column A amount. Although it sounds like you may have removed the MIC hard top after that preview sheet was printed, so not sure if that order sheet is 100% reflective of what you ordered.
Ok wonderful, they match! Thanks for all your help. I'll reference private offer and retail price protection when we go in tomorrow to buy the vehicle.

Sponsored

Willyca718

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello,

I’m new here and trying to make sense of this. I ordered a bronco Wildtrak on December of 2021 in Arizona. I never made any changes to my order even when Ford reached out to change order earlier this year. My order was built and arrived last Friday to the dealership. I called Ford and they said that I have private transactional offer for $2925. Do l qualify for price protection since they Price changed from 2021 then to now? They dealership is saying I don’t qualify since I didn’t make modification to my order, which doesn’t make sense.

28BAF425-8E7A-4775-99DF-B16AF5B95F0D.jpeg

B35F3AFD-F10F-45AF-889C-A96DBA318465.png

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

I’m new here and trying to make sense of this. I ordered a bronco Wildtrak on December of 2021 in Arizona. I never made any changes to my order even when Ford reached out to change order earlier this year. My order was built and arrived last Friday to the dealership. I called Ford and they said that I have private transactional offer for $2925. Do l qualify for price protection since they Price changed from 2021 then to now? They dealership is saying I don’t qualify since I didn’t make modification to my order, which doesn’t make sense.

28BAF425-8E7A-4775-99DF-B16AF5B95F0D.jpeg

B35F3AFD-F10F-45AF-889C-A96DBA318465.png
The original order shown was for an Outerbanks but the Bronco built is a WIldtrak? When did you make the change? Should be price protection for the model year 2023 but looking for clarity.

Willyca718

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The original order shown was for an Outerbanks but the Bronco built is a WIldtrak? When did you make the change? Should be price protection for the model year 2023 but looking for clarity.
I apologize originally I ordered it as a Outerbanks buts changed it a few days later to a Wildtrak

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should get PP for the increases during the 2023 model year in addition to the private offer. You can look it up in the first post of this thread. Quicker is to take the DORA from when you signed the COPV in Sept / Oct of ‘22 for your 2023 order and then deduct the $2925 to arrive at your protected price. The $2925 private offer covers increases from the initial order date until the 2023 order. Increases during 2023 are credited back to the dealer provided the person that ordered purchases the Bronco. They are supposed to either take it off at the sale (best way) or refund you when Ford credits them.

Read the first post and the threads announcing each increase this year. There is Ford documentation stating about the PP. if the dealer does not honor it to you, the PP goes into his pocket. If you refuse the Bronco, he loses it but will most likely jack the price up.

And to answer, not making changes does nothing to the PP.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@RagnarKon price increase as of today per Ford Authority.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/07/2023-ford-bronco-gets-mid-year-price-increase/

"This 2023 Ford Bronco price change doesn’t impact all models and trims, nor it is a significant jump by any means. Rather, it affects mostly two-door configurations, including the Big Bend and Black Diamond Base and Advanced Series models, which receive a $250 price jump across the boat, which is the same for the two-door Heritage Limited.

Meanwhile, Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Badlands Sasquatch Package pricing – along with the 10-speed automatic transmission option – goes up by $400, the four-door Bronco Raptor – which is notable given the fact that the high-performance off-roader has received several large price increases since its launch – and two-door Heritage Base both get $500 more expensive, and both the two- and four-door versions of the Badlands and Wildtrak now cost $750 more than before.

All 2023 Ford Bronco models produced prior to today’s date will not be re-invoiced, and price protection will be automatically provided on orders signed or dated prior to July 25th, 2023 and received by FoMoCo on or before July 31st, 2023, which should undoubtedly come as good news for those that have already placed an order for their new SUV, at least."

Sponsored

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So I kind of have a weird situation, and I'm not sure if I'm hosed or not.

I have a reservation from day 2, back in 2020. I never actually placed an order with my dealership, but they placed one using my reservation anyway, and 99-ed at some point. I'd get email updates about my order every once in a while but I never did anything with it, just got the free swag from being an order holder.

Fast forward to 2022, I place an order for a Heritage Edition (not limited), which I receive confirmation for on October 12, 2022. I took possession last Monday.

I spaced on following up with the dealership before I bought it, but asked my dealership to look it up yesterday, to which they've said: "Regarding price protection, if it were available on this serial number, we would have seen it on the Vincent when we contracted the car. "

I tried calling Ford customer support, and they dont have anything for 2023. I had called in February, and had one for 2022, but nothing for 2023.

Wondering if something got screwed up by them 99-ing the order back in 2020/2021/ if because they submitted the offer ex parte something got messed up. Or, wondering if this is just more weirdness with Private Offer stuff that I should ask them to look into further.

Any thoughts?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I kind of have a weird situation, and I'm not sure if I'm hosed or not.

I have a reservation from day 2, back in 2020. I never actually placed an order with my dealership, but they placed one using my reservation anyway, and 99-ed at some point. I'd get email updates about my order every once in a while but I never did anything with it, just got the free swag from being an order holder.

Fast forward to 2022, I place an order for a Heritage Edition (not limited), which I receive confirmation for on October 12, 2022. I took possession last Monday.

I spaced on following up with the dealership before I bought it, but asked my dealership to look it up yesterday, to which they've said: "Regarding price protection, if it were available on this serial number, we would have seen it on the Vincent when we contracted the car. "

I tried calling Ford customer support, and they dont have anything for 2023. I had called in February, and had one for 2022, but nothing for 2023.

Wondering if something got screwed up by them 99-ing the order back in 2020/2021/ if because they submitted the offer ex parte something got messed up. Or, wondering if this is just more weirdness with Private Offer stuff that I should ask them to look into further.

Any thoughts?
Did you place a new order for a Heritage in October of '22 or did you change the original order at that time?

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Retail Price Protection - This price protection is automatic across all retail-ordered Ford vehicles, and is designed to protect you from any mid-year (within the 2023 model year) price increases Ford implements.
What do I need to show my dealer to help make the case for being eligible for Retail Price Protection? Per Column C in the chart, I should be eligible for $1500 of this (4dr BL).

Do I just need to show my DORA from before the prices increased? And if so, does this price protection cover Base Price and Destination & Delivery? That combo for me is $1500 difference from my window sticker.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do I need to show my dealer to help make the case for being eligible for Retail Price Protection? Per Column C in the chart, I should be eligible for $1500 of this (4dr BL).

Do I just need to show my DORA from before the prices increased? And if so, does this price protection cover Base Price and Destination & Delivery? That combo for me is $1500 difference from my window sticker.
Yup.

Fundamentally the MSRP of the vehicle is the price of the vehicle at the time you placed your order, minus any public/private offers you are eligible for. This translates to the MSRP on your WBDO sheet or DORA, minus the column A/B amount (if you are eligible).

The reason why I have this complicated flowchart with a bunch of price columns is because not everyone got a DORA/WBDO sheet. Or someone may be in a situation where you changed their order a few times and didn't get a new sheet. Or "dog ate my sheet", "kid turned my sheet into an art project", or whatever nonsense. But everyone should have access to their window sticker.

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup.

Fundamentally the MSRP of the vehicle is the price of the vehicle at the time you placed your order, minus any public/private offers you are eligible for. This translates to the MSRP on your WBDO sheet or DORA, minus the column A/B amount (if you are eligible).

The reason why I have this complicated flowchart with a bunch of price columns is because not everyone got a DORA/WBDO sheet. Or someone may be in a situation where you changed their order a few times and didn't get a new sheet. Or "dog ate my sheet", "kid turned my sheet into an art project", or whatever nonsense. But everyone should have access to their window sticker.
Thank you!! Hoping my dealer sees it the same way.

What I'm afraid of is them trying to hold me to the DORA I have from when I dropped the SAS/Lux/MIC in Feb'23 order to take advantage of the $2500 Order Modification incentive. The MSRP on that DORA pretty much matches my window sticker.
Sponsored