2PuttBogey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m still confused about why/how I got the private offer. In the flow chart I see no reason to get it but I basically ended up with a Column B result.

I never asked or inquired to anyone about one. I’m just grateful that the dealer found and applied it.
Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m still confused about why/how I got the private offer. In the flow chart I see no reason to get it but I basically ended up with a Column B result.

I never asked or inquired to anyone about one. I’m just grateful that the dealer found and applied it.
Right. My friend who picked up a Bronco in July had the private offer applied. He made his first order on March 2023. My dealer is not honoring it and/or saying Ford is not honoring it.

CarbonGrayBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right. My friend who picked up a Bronco in July had the private offer applied. He made his first order on March 2023. My dealer is not honoring it and/or saying Ford is not honoring it.
I ordered a '23 on March 27, 2023 and the salesman called and left me a message saying my order was bumped to 2024, and that since I ordered a 2023 Big Bend a 2.7L I had to modify my order because that engine isn't being offered in the '24 Big Bend. I asked about any sort of price protection and the salesman said no price protection or rebates. To get signature lighting, the 2.7L, and an all gray/black interior I'd have to go up to a Badlands.
I called Ford Customer Service who told me I had two 2023 private transition offers, at $2,595 and $1,995.

The salesman says the order is being pushed to 2024 and Ford Customer Service says the order was cancelled by the dealer at the end of August but it somehow still shows as 'unscheduled clean' in their system.

I'm not sure what the hell is going on with my order but I get the feeling the dealer just wants me to walk away from this to free up their allocation for someone buying a more expensive model.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a '23 on March 27, 2023 and the salesman called and left me a message saying my order was bumped to 2024, and that since I ordered a 2023 Big Bend a 2.7L I had to modify my order because that engine isn't being offered in the '24 Big Bend. I asked about any sort of price protection and the salesman said no price protection or rebates. To get signature lighting, the 2.7L, and an all gray/black interior I'd have to go up to a Badlands.
I called Ford Customer Service who told me I had two 2023 private transition offers, at $2,595 and $1,995.

The salesman says the order is being pushed to 2024 and Ford Customer Service says the order was cancelled by the dealer at the end of August but it somehow still shows as 'unscheduled clean' in their system.

I'm not sure what the hell is going on with my order but I get the feeling the dealer just wants me to walk away from this to free up their allocation for someone buying a more expensive model.
Your dealer is 100% correct about price protection. The Bronco launch price protection system will conclude at the end of the 2023MY. This was something that Ford announced way back in spring 2021 before Bronco production even began.

This past winter Ford provided dealers an estimate of how many vehicles they would receive and again reiterated the fact that 2023 orders that did not get built would not be price protected into 2024MY. Dealers were told to order responsibly and within their allocation estimates, and as a result many dealerships stopped accepting new customer orders to ensure they could take care of their existing customers. Sounds like maybe your dealer did not do that, nor did they warn you about price protection ending.

I don't know how your dealer knows your 2023MY won't get built, because Ford will be scheduling 2023MY Broncos throughout September and probably into early October as well... so... that's a bit eyebrow raising. 🤨

BUT... regardless... if your order does not get built as a 2023MY Bronco and you get bumped to 2024MY, your order will be canceled, your price will not be protected, and you will have to reorder with the new pricing. (And if you decide to go that route, may want to pick a new dealer.)

CarbonGrayBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your dealer is 100% correct about price protection. The Bronco launch price protection system will conclude at the end of the 2023MY. This was something that Ford announced way back in spring 2021 before Bronco production even began.

This past winter Ford provided dealers an estimate of how many vehicles they would receive and again reiterated the fact that 2023 orders that did not get built would not be price protected into 2024MY. Dealers were told to order responsibly and within their allocation estimates, and as a result many dealerships stopped accepting new customer orders to ensure they could take care of their existing customers. Sounds like maybe your dealer did not do that, nor did they warn you about price protection ending.

I don't know how your dealer knows your 2023MY won't get built, because Ford will be scheduling 2023MY Broncos throughout September and probably into early October as well... so... that's a bit eyebrow raising. 🤨

BUT... regardless... if your order does not get built as a 2023MY Bronco and you get bumped to 2024MY, your order will be canceled, your price will not be protected, and you will have to reorder with the new pricing. (And if you decide to go that route, may want to pick a new dealer.)
Why is customer service telling me on 2 separate calls that I have 2 private offers? It’s weird that they’d have this attached to a 2023 order. The disconnect between what customer service is saying and the salesman is saying is pretty significant.
Is it possible to modify my 2023 order so it gets built?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is customer service telling me on 2 separate calls that I have 2 private offers? It’s weird that they’d have this attached to a 2023 order. The disconnect between what customer service is saying and the salesman is saying is pretty significant.
Is it possible to modify my 2023 order so it gets built?
Those private offers only apply to 2023MY Broncos.

I don't know why you have them to be honest. As a March 2023 order you should have none. But if you previously had a Bronco reservation or an order at a different dealer (or even the same dealer) that could explain why. Private offers are attached to your name and not you order.

And you'd have to check with your dealer about modifying your order. 2023 order banks closed 2-3 weeks ago, but usually Ford will allow dealers to modify orders after they stopped accepting new orders for quite some time.

CarbonGrayBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those private offers only apply to 2023MY Broncos.

I don't know why you have them to be honest. As a March 2023 order you should have none. But if you previously had a Bronco reservation or an order at a different dealer (or even the same dealer) that could explain why. Private offers are attached to your name and not you order.

And you'd have to check with your dealer about modifying your order. 2023 order banks closed 2-3 weeks ago, but usually Ford will allow dealers to modify orders after they stopped accepting new orders for quite some time.
Thank you, this is the clearest info I’ve gotten today lol

SD-CA

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2023 Wildtrak scheduled for production this week. Original MY22 order in Feb 22. Ford Customer service gave me a Private Offer certificate # for $2,925. Dealer says Ford no longer offers Price Protection.

This is counter to everything I have read such as on this very helpful thread. By my calculation on the flowchart, there should be $9,125 in price protection coming my way. The $2,925 private offer falls $6,200 short.

I stuck it out for 19 months on my order expecting my 2022 MSRP would be honored.
Is the dealer telling me it correctly? Has Ford really screwed over the order holders and withdrawn Price Protection??

Fordgirl2003

Wildtrak
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2023 Wildtrak scheduled for production this week. Original MY22 order in Feb 22. Ford Customer service gave me a Private Offer certificate # for $2,925. Dealer says Ford no longer offers Price Protection.

This is counter to everything I have read such as on this very helpful thread. By my calculation on the flowchart, there should be $9,125 in price protection coming my way. The $2,925 private offer falls $6,200 short.

I stuck it out for 19 months on my order expecting my 2022 MSRP would be honored.
Is the dealer telling me it correctly? Has Ford really screwed over the order holders and withdrawn Price Protection??
I just dealt with this - Jan 2022 order. I had to escalate at the dealership. It took the general manager to get mine straightened up. You are price protected to what your dora pricing level is plus your private offer. Hold strong and escalate until you get to someone who actually takes care of ut for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just dealt with this and escalate at your dealership. It took the general manager to get mine straightened up. You are price protected to what your dora pricing level is plus your private offer. Hold strong!
Pretty much what @Fordgirl2003 said.

The private offer only covers the 2022MY-to-2023MY transition. Everything since the 2023MY order banks opened is covered by retail price protection, which should come directly from your dealer.

Assuming you didn't change your order throughout 2023MY... you should pay your initial 2023MY order price (the price listed on your DORA), minus the private offer. That amount should match the window sticker price, minus the amount you calculated via the flowchart.

---

If it is true Ford will not offer model year transition private offers for 2024MY order holders. But you're getting a 2023MY, not a 2024MY.

Sponsored

SD-CA

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
thanks...that was my understanding.

(I havent made any changes to my Feb 22 order other than in Oct 22 i dropped the modular bumper)

Fordgirl2003

Wildtrak
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
thanks...that was my understanding.

I havent changed my Feb 22 order other than in Oct 22 i dropped rhe modular bumper
Have you talked to the sales manager about this yet? Start there and work your way to the top.

Notorespot

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just dealt with this - Jan 2022 order. I had to escalate at the dealership. It took the general manager to get mine straightened up. You are price protected to what your dora pricing level is plus your private offer. Hold strong and escalate until you get to someone who actually takes care of ut for you.
Same for me. January 2022 order, no changes ever made. Had to fight for the price protection over and above the private offer but finally got it.

SD-CA

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So far, I have only spoken to the salesman who inherited my order from another salesman who has since left the dealership. I have little to no confidence he knows what he is talking about. I will definitely need to speak with the sales manager. Thanks to all for confirming what i suspected.

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So far, I have only spoken to the salesman who inherited my order from another salesman who has since left the dealership. I have little to no confidence he knows what he is talking about. I will definitely need to speak with the sales manager. Thanks to all for confirming what i suspected.
Don't let them scam you out of that $6200, Ford price protection is alive and well and you are 100% entitled to it. This graphic has been posted before, but here it is again which spells it all out.

Ford Bronco Ultimate 2023MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1694448784346
Sponsored