First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes if the dealer doesnt change their position, I will ask them to put that in writing and go on the record that Ford no longer offers price protection for MY2023 Broncos delivered to MY2021-2022 order holders. I suspect Ford would want to know that's what the Dealers are telling customers... especially to those of us who have waited almost 2 years ..and many who have waited 2 -3 years.
Sponsored

Fordgirl2003

Wildtrak
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes if the dealer doesnt change their position, I will ask them to put that in writing and go on the record that Ford no longer offers price protection for MY2023 Broncos delivered to MY2021-2022 order holders. I suspect Ford would want to know that's what the Dealers are telling customers... especially to those of us who have waited almost 2 years ..and many who have waited 2 -3 years.
If it helps, when the sales manager told me I wasnā€™t price protected, i asked to escalate. His response was i could call Ford and escalate. When i told him that Ford already told me to escalate at the dealership and it was up to him if he wanted to escalate for me or I could call the owner, he chose to escalate for me and said Iā€™d be getting a call from the general manager within 2 days - i received a call the next day from the general manager and everything was straightened out.

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I placed an order 10/15/2021 Wildtrack, lux, soft top, cloth seats, modular bumper, tow package. / 2022 re order added hoss 3.0 and removed modular bumper, no other changes. / 2023 changed to dual tops. Any idea what this converts to price protection?

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
has anyone received a check from the dealership after purchase from the price protection?

i know may people said there dealer would forward a check if they got it?

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big news for me and hope everyone that stayed the course and suffered patiently until you receive the same soon.

I returned home today from a long work trip. It will be 3 months tomorrow since I had taken delivery of my Bronco. I had received most of the money for all the different plans to keep my price in line with my original order. Big thanks to this thread for keeping me informed and confirming Iā€™m not crazy. I digress. Almost thinking it was a marketing presorted piece of mail from my dealer I was pleasantly surprised to find a check for my MY ā€˜23 retail price protection.

woo who- the last piece of this lame ordering and delivery Odyssey. $2373! This brings my final out the door price including all MSRP, options, taxes, dealer fees and extras to $48,248 for my ā€˜23 2 door Badlands. Win I think? I had calculated they owe me $2500 for the feb and march price increases but close enough and there is no explanation with the check. Iā€™ll take the win.

I will withhold any praise or credit for the dealer or the sales rep. They played dumb during delivery and tried to say that the sticker price is the msrp despite my signed DORA from the January ā€˜23 reorder that stated I will receive all rebates available etcā€¦ that was tough to get the sales manager to sign the DORA stating that. I did get a verbal at delivery that if they receive retail price protection for my vin that it would be passed on to me.

Given it had been 3 months I was all primed to lay out a well documented case that held little water with the memos, flow charts, signed Doraā€™s vs sticker. Glad I didnā€™t have to do that.

I doubt I will ever know if they always intended to give it to me but I think some of my actions behind the scenes made it more likely that I received it. I contacted Ford Bronco Marketing several times and pressed them for info- they never would confirm directly that it had been issued for my vin. I also contacted the corporate customer service for my dealer. It is a large nationwide dealer so I will withold their name to avoid blasting them or giving them credit on the follow through. PM if you must know. I will also say that my sales rep changed 4 times over the 3 years due to employee turnover.

debate for me now is wether to spend it on the Granger extended warranty offer or on fun parts? Hmmmm-thoughts?

good luck everyone see you on the trails!

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anyone know if retail price protection is still valid?
I just talked with my sales manager and he is trying to tell me that Ford ended price protection and wants me to wait until I get in there to figure it out. Sounds to me like he just doesn't want to be bothered to deal with it.
If I was eligible in June when my sticker was produced and eligible in July when I went into production, seems like I should still be eligible now since it wasn't my fault that Ford took 4 months to get it shipped. :mad:

@RagnarKon ?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since yours is a 2023, you still have protection. It ends for those that have to move over into a 2024.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if retail price protection is still valid?
I just talked with my sales manager and he is trying to tell me that Ford ended price protection and wants me to wait until I get in there to figure it out. Sounds to me like he just doesn't want to be bothered to deal with it.
If I was eligible in June when my sticker was produced and eligible in July when I went into production, seems like I should still be eligible now since it wasn't my fault that Ford took 4 months to get it shipped. :mad:

@RagnarKon ?
@BigHoof is correct. Everything in this thread for 2023MY is still valid.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Fordgirl2003

Wildtrak
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, that's what I thought.
@mjcutri I had to escalate up to the GM of the dealership to get all my price protection when my order came in. The SM told me to escalate to Ford and when I told him I knew that's not how it works and he could put me in touch with his boss or I'd call the owner directly - I got a call from the GM a day later. He got things straightened out for me and I paid the price i was suppose to get. Hold strong is my best advice.

Sponsored

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does price protection come off at point of sale? Or does Ford send it to you? Iā€™m about to take delivery of my Wildtrack that has been ordered since 10/15/2021.
Doing the flow chart I believe itā€™s close to 11k.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does price protection come off at point of sale? Or does Ford send it to you? Iā€™m about to take delivery of my Wildtrack that has been ordered since 10/15/2021.
Doing the flow chart I believe itā€™s close to 11k.
Depends on the type or price protection.
  • Retail price protection should come off at the time of sale. This type of price protection MUST come from your dealer, Ford will never send you a check for it.
  • Transition private offers can come off at the time of sale OR you can opt for Ford to send you a check, depending on how you and/or your dealer decide to apply it.
You apply for both, so you'll have to go through the flow chart and figure out how much you're owed of each type.

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could you explain the difference in retail price protection and transition private offers?

I ordered my Wildtrack 10/15/2021. I added hoss 3.0 in 2022 and removed front bumper since 3.0 came with it. Then in 2023 I went from soft top to dual tops. No other changes were made.

Hereā€™s details of first order
2021 Wildtrack - 4door
steel bumper
soft top
cloth seats
lux package
tow package
running boards
all weather season mats
Area 51

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Could you explain the difference in retail price protection and transition private offers?

I ordered my Wildtrack 10/15/2021. I added hoss 3.0 in 2022 and removed front bumper since 3.0 came with it. Then in 2023 I went from soft top to dual tops. No other changes were made.

Hereā€™s details of first order
2021 Wildtrack - 4door
steel bumper
soft top
cloth seats
lux package
tow package
running boards
all weather season mats
Area 51
Retail price protection is for the price increase during model year 2023. Private transition offer is for 2021-2022 price increases. As Bryon states above, your dealer is responsible for the 2023 PP and it is not out of their pocket and the 21-22 PO is from Ford providing you qualify. My dealer took it all off up front. Because it is paid from Ford later, some opt to send you the check later. The PO is considered a rebate and my state taxed that portion and wasnā€™t considered a discount from the sales price.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Retail price protection is for the price increase during model year 2023. Private transition offer is for 2021-2022 price increases. As Bryon states above, your dealer is responsible for the 2023 PP and it is not out of their pocket and the 21-22 PO is from Ford providing you qualify. My dealer took it all off up front. Because it is paid from Ford later, some opt to send you the check later. The PO is considered a rebate and my state taxed that portion and wasnā€™t considered a discount from the sales price.
My dealer also took it all off up front. They also considered the PO a rebate, I was taxed on that portion and it wasnā€™t considered a discount, Instead applied as credit toward the sales price.
Sponsored