Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thats where franchise laws come into play. At worst, they get sued for breach of contract, since their franchise agreement likely did not include language about allocation penalties for independent pricing.

at best, they are starving a dealer who has exclusive rights to sell their product in that area... maybe not a big deal if theres redundant dealers in close proximity. Going to war with your franchisees doesnt typically end well.
Yeah that makes sense. Big problem for ford imo. If they can’t get it under control, build to order will ruin them.
Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besides it being dumb bc what if I lose my job? What if my family grows? What if I have to move to another country? What if......

How will they track this? If one is sold they get notified via what?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m ok with this if we get to purchase as a normal 150 mass produced vehicle meaning at invoice to $500 over invoice.

However the better idea is to saturate the market. Not allow any dealer to sell a lightning until a certain date(if 200k lightnings are available to purchase on the first day of sales) the resale market would be nil.
Everyone who buys a Lightning without ADM is paying invoice, invoice=MSRP. I read that the dealers earn a 10% holdback if they follow all of Ford’s rules for selling EV’s. I am completely ok with this model, if everything is sold at MSRP like Saturn did in the 1990’s it just makes things easier and more transparent with less opportunities for dealership fuckery. Many consumers dread the negotiation process involved with buying a car. I don’t mind and am good at negotiating fair deals.

Holding the trucks until there were a huge amount to sell would be like Dirt Mountain on a larger scale. Imagine the lot rot :sick:

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Ford does institute a contract that prohibits new buyers from selling their bronco's for a year the used price / market for previously sold bronco's will just go back up.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone who buys a Lightning without ADM is paying invoice, invoice=MSRP. I read that the dealers earn a 10% holdback if they follow all of Ford’s rules for selling EV’s. I am completely ok with this model, if everything is sold at MSRP like Saturn did in the 1990’s it just makes things easier and more transparent with less opportunities for dealership fuckery. Many consumers dread the negotiation process involved with buying a car. I don’t mind and am good at negotiating fair deals.

Holding the trucks until there were a huge amount to sell would be like Dirt Mountain on a larger scale. Imagine the lot rot :sick:
Invoice is Not msrp. Go ahead and read any pricing readout. You will get 2 prices. Invoice and msrp.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Invoice is Not msrp. Go ahead and read any pricing readout. You will get 2 prices. Invoice and msrp.
It’s widely stated that MSRP=invoice on the Lightning forums. Apparently the dealer profit on a Lightning is all in the form of holdback for meeting specific criteria.

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2022-ford-lightning-invoice-pricing-is-totally-weird

Across the industry the gap between invoice and MSRP has been shrinking, on my $47K Badlands the delta was under $1400, on some $35K Rangers I was looking at for work it was $1000.

Letter from Ford:
Ford Bronco UNBELIEVABLE!! [Ford Dealers Can Now Ban Customers From Reselling Vehicles] A0C6A099-F713-4E7C-835E-491C9BB2D914

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The new f-150 Lightening has direct competition with the new Rivian truck. Both new to market, both pulling from the same pool of people...simple clauses could make the difference and make people feel better about their purchase.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is going to start a program with dealerships that stops people from reselling their vehicle. So in other words, Ford is saying dealerships that screw over customers by tacking on astronomical ADM ($30K) are perfectly fine, but if you want/need to sell your recently acquired Ford vehicle, you are unable. Can’t wait for us to purchase cars directly from the manufacturer and not these stealerships!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-f-150-lightning-customers-reselling-trucks-scalpers/
I'm missing something here. If it's a Ford program, then if there were no dealers Ford would still do the same thing, 100%. With dealers it says they can do it or not. So, how do you figure it would be better if there were no dealers and you had to buy straight from Ford?

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems to be a plethora of "hardships" out there where new Bronco owners are forced to sell their new Bronco . . . for 10K+ profit.
In my state when I buy a vehicle I pay 8.75% tax + registration, let's round that up to 10%.

It doesn't make sense for someone to buy new and resell it. The reseller would need to be in a no sales tax state.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The new f-150 Lightening has direct competition with the new Rivian truck. Both new to market, both pulling from the same pool of people...simple clauses could make the difference and make people feel better about their purchase.
To me the Lightning Pro starting at $40K doesn’t seem like it’s in the same league as the Rivian starting at $74K. I know most here will say “but the XLT starts at $58K and is $76K with the extended battery”, and they’re right, but I order a Pro with packages and options at $46K.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"But again, you don't have to do that if you don't want to." EXACTLY. Some of you are complaining that the "normal consumer" is getting the shaft. How? They had the same opportunity to order that we did, but waited it out. "Doing their own research before deciding". OK. Sorry, but they will have to wait until supply meets demand OR pay more.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever happened to Saturn?
Sponsored