Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the owners are probably not going to put the "required" plate on. Or maybe low and on one side.
LOL I will say my 3 cars before my mustang didn't have a front plates and never had an issue. When I moved where I am now a few years back I got pulled over 3 times in 6 months for no front plate in my BMW. I plan on utilizing those 3 lower bolts in the center for a mounting solution. Then again I might try to take a stab without a plate again.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was pointing out that Ford didn’t think about it.

Don’t care what others are doing if it’s illegal. I’m not going to give cops the open invite/excuse to pull me over.
Sure thing, I fully understand about being 100% legal, 100% of the time. However, there is a post that shows 2 drill out dimples in the colored bumper filler on the center front, roughly where @ZackDanger pointed out, where you can mount the plate.

I'll personally take my chances on having that front plate mounted anywhere "factory" - if at all. Very doubtful that you get pulled over for a "missing" plate.

*EDIT* Reading @j_marinelli 's post, Maybe it depends where you live/how you drive (don't know/can't tell/not guessing). Heck maybe the local LEOs don't have access to GOOD coffee. How the heck would I know??? I just know that it is NOT going dead center and up high on my machine if/when it ever shows up.

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure thing, I fully understand about being 100% legal, 100% of the time. However, there is a post that shows 2 drill out dimples in the colored bumper filler on the center front, roughly where @ZackDanger pointed out, where you can mount the plate.

I'll personally take my chances on having that front plate mounted anywhere "factory" - if at all. Very doubtful that you get pulled over for a "missing" plate.

*EDIT* Reading @j_marinelli 's post, Maybe it depends where you live/how you drive (don't know/can't tell/not guessing). Heck maybe the local LEOs don't have access to GOOD coffee. How the heck would I know??? I just know that it is NOT going dead center and up high on my machine if/when it ever shows up.
Thanks for the edit...

I live in cop-landia!!! Any reason is a good reason. Not saying all of them look for trivial BS but enough do

Avid 6g thread reader...I too do not want any factory drill into my car thus my current plate not centered.

Point was to point out that, “modular” steel bumper...should have spot off center ready to hang.

Pocobronco87

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 2001
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna mount center below the winch or right lower corner of windshield

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really like how they put the bolts in the openings on the ends. Perfect for adding lights. I am going to try to do something like this raptor.
Ford Bronco Up close pics of Heavy Duty Front Modular Bumper 8f-d52edc078f80_1.ab16289b015db3de3fe8c3a80d75331a
I wasn't planning on it because I wanted fog lights (the capable bumper has fog lights). But if the mounts like the raptor are possible I'll install my own fogs. Thanks for pointing that out

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm kinda hoping there will be an aftermarket, lightweight solid design (aluminum?) - but maybe not possible with whatever tech is nearby - not a big fan of cutout bumpers

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Up close pics of Heavy Duty Front Modular Bumper.

8e6b9232-f89c-4c18-b5a5-eb059ca6db3d-jpeg.jpg
Does anyone know what type of external coating is used on this bumper?...powder coating?,paint?, plasti-dip?

Curious because if I go for an aftermarket grill, I might want to mimic the bumper coating:
Ford Bronco Up close pics of Heavy Duty Front Modular Bumper 1612008564592

Omotose

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I’ll be ditching mine as soon as I get my Badlands and find a better aftermarket bumper and decent winch mount.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty much the same boat as me, It comes with the badlands I ordered, but the winch mount for this bumper is less than optimal.
mine will be for sale when I can get something else. Same with the rear bumper, since I need to move the weight off the door and add Hi-lift, pull-pal , gas/water can mounts.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Up close pics of Heavy Duty Front Modular Bumper 1612008564592

What's it look like underneath the top part of the bumper, is it tubed all the way around? I see some screw heads... Maybe hang some lights from that top section.
That's a great idea. That whole section pops off with six Bronco bolts I believe.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered one mainly to see how it all goes together and what can be built to make it better.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's a great idea. That whole section pops off with six Bronco bolts I believe.
I am thinking offset front license plate a la 2011-14 Ecoboost F-150 off of those...

Ford Bronco Up close pics of Heavy Duty Front Modular Bumper test-drive-with-integrity-2013-ford-f-150-platinum

Not ideal but when the only options are the stock dorky thing in front of the grille or block airflow to to the intercooler...

I am thinking a shorter variant of the "brush guard" as a foglight mount, or maybe just some angle iron on vertical face of the bumper and the brush guard mounting bolts with more retro looking round fogs.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I’ll be ditching mine as soon as I get my Badlands and find a better aftermarket bumper and decent winch mount.

When you ditch your steel bumper, I'll buy it. I couldn't get mine with a steel bumper and would love one. It is like the only thing I am bummed out about.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pretty much the same boat as me, It comes with the badlands I ordered, but the winch mount for this bumper is less than optimal.
mine will be for sale when I can get something else. Same with the rear bumper, since I need to move the weight off the door and add Hi-lift, pull-pal , gas/water can mounts.
If you decide to sell the steel bumper, I will definitely buy it from you. I couldn't get mine with one and am actively looking. Even if it is a year from now, I'm on board if you are.
Sponsored