ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

there is a problem in the ABS system. the abs is the sensor base for everything mentioned in the faults. abs sensors are the input for trailer braking, tracking or stability programming. this sounds like a software topic or possibly damage to a wheel sensor. as part of the abs system if i am not mistaken, it may be covered under federal safety mandates which extend past the life of the car's warranty...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
First thing that came to my mind was computer glitch in GOAT modes. I personally will never use Sand or any other mode except Sport. For sand, I'd put it in 4H, lower my tire pressure and be done with it.

BTW, the dealer guy sounds like a fool. Lots of sand underneath?! I spent years plowing through sandy beaches in Nantucket driving Defenders, Wranglers and a 4 Runner. It's a computer bug

OP
OP

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you try disconnecting the battery for 5 min and reconnecting?
Nope, thought about it but was on the side of the highway and it was starting to get dark. Figured it was best to just wait for the dealer to take a look.

Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

IMG_5314.jpg
I’m so glad I don’t have a VIN yet! Let y’all figure it out so when it’s my turn, sand dosent kill my Bronco.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 3.08.08 PM.png

You mean you expect it to handle terrain that it advertises on its website? That's ridiculous! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

If there is sand where it shouldn't belong, that's not on you. That's poor equipment design for its G.O.A.T. modes...
Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run fainting-goat-8

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, thought about it but was on the side of the highway and it was starting to get dark. Figured it was best to just wait for the dealer to take a look.
Sometimes rebooting will get you home if your stranded but letting the dealer see all the codes and a inop vehicle is better than trying to explain the issue.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sometimes rebooting will get you home if your stranded but letting the dealer see all the codes and a inop vehicle is better than trying to explain the issue.
All the codes would still be there. A reset won’t erase them

Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
there is a problem in the ABS system. the bas is the sensor base for everything mentioned in the faults. abs sensors are the input for trailer braking, tracking or stability programming. this sounds like a software topic or possibly damage to a wheel sensor. as part of the abs system if i am not mistaken, it may be covered under federal safety mandates which extend past the life of the car's warranty...
Agreed. Sensor or software. Just hope it wasn't the sand that caused the sensor to fail. That would be BS.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suppose we can now look forward to a Sand G.O.A.T. Mode delete/firmware update. Perhaps it’ll be replaced with a Towed Mode……you know, for when you’re being towed home.

OP
OP

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands