First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Plus numerous fitment issues, electronic warning codes in the first weeks, goat mode issues, whistling mirrors, thin paint on certain areas, lack of quality control (missing sound deadening panels on completed vehicles), etc....

Still excited about the vehicle, but 1st year problems abundant here. No need to go all in at this point on high-end trims. Very evident that big changes will be coming on next model re-design.
Plus numerous fitment issues, electronic warning codes in the first weeks, goat mode issues, whistling mirrors, thin paint on certain areas, lack of quality control (missing sound deadening panels on completed vehicles), etc....

Still excited about the vehicle, but 1st year problems abundant here. No need to go all in at this point on high-end trims. Very evident that big changes will be coming on next model re-design.
What numerous fitment issues?.Missing sound deadening panels?.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The old adage is alive and well, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle.

Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle.

Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The old adage is alive and well, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle.

Honda and Toyota people know:

Never buy american, never buy American, never buy American, ...

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

❤ ❤ ❤

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update 7/28
Spoke with the dealer, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.

Original Post
Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

IMG_5314.jpg

Some more info / Q&A from thread:

Doors on the entire time.

The yellow check engine light came on about 5 seconds or so before the trailer brake fault and loss of power from engine. Will definitely keep this thread updated as I hear more.

Yes, I have the factory trailer towing package. Haven't towed anything yet. That would be interesting though because as you've mentioned we've seen a few ABS/Service Advancetrac errors pop up over the last few weeks.
Hey MMCQ, really good of you to keep us updated as to the status of your truck. I have no doubt that a new engine will be replaced under warranty. Still, certainly not something that you would expect from a brand new truck. Stay positive...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

A year ago, people were saying "not true these days. Just get me my Bronco. I'll live with the issues". Here we are a year later and deliveries have started. Majority of what I've have been positive. A couple of customers get the inevitable lemon and Ford has totally screwed up. The Bronco is a whole new vehicle and with that comes issues that will get worked out. Be glad you don't own a Bolt. Every owner has been warned to park them outside.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Update 7/28
Spoke with the dealer, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.

Original Post
Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

IMG_5314.jpg

Some more info / Q&A from thread:

Doors on the entire time.

The yellow check engine light came on about 5 seconds or so before the trailer brake fault and loss of power from engine. Will definitely keep this thread updated as I hear more.

Yes, I have the factory trailer towing package. Haven't towed anything yet. That would be interesting though because as you've mentioned we've seen a few ABS/Service Advancetrac errors pop up over the last few weeks.
Mark, i am so sorry this happened to you. I am confident you will be fixed but terrible experience after waiting for it and now this...sorry man.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing to think about - every one of these vehicles with problems, we hear about. Every one that doesn't have problems, we don't hear about.
Normally I would agree. But in this case, every new Bronco owner is so happy to have taken delivery, we get a thread for every one… good or bad. And it seems there’s a disproportionate number of bad ones amongst these early deliveries.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully it can be replaced or repaired soon

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That sucks, but this too shall be fixed.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow Mark, I hate to hear that. Hopefully they can get you back on the road soon. Good luck

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely sucks and we all look forward to hearing about the resolution. I love the comments from people about American Cars, year 1 etc. Unfortunately, it can and does happen to all makes and models, 1st, 3rd or last year in production. Good luck!!!!

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Normally I would agree. But in this case, every new Bronco owner is so happy to have taken delivery, we get a thread for every one… good or bad. And it seems there’s a disproportionate number of bad ones amongst these early deliveries.
true, because most who receive a perfectly functionable vehicle are out having fun with their new toy and not angry sitting behind a keyboard stuck at home...
Sponsored