Sponsored

Waiting out for the Warthog? Expected price?

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By the way, there is a lot more coming in the future with regards to Bronco. You haven't even come close to seeing everything yet. Let's just say that the plan is to keep the Bronco buzz going strong for the next several years.

Also, my understanding is that a lot of things will be available as standalone options that can be purchased after the fact. The idea is that you could buy a base model if that's all you could afford, but slowly add additional parts to make it more capable.
This just blows me away...
Sponsored

Wwheeler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Warthog is something completely different.

The Sasquatch package was referred to as both the Bigfoot package and Adrenaline Rush internally. I'm glad they decided on the Sasquatch name, I think it is the best of the three.
Can you confirm if we’ve seen the rock monster yet?

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By the way, there is a lot more coming in the future with regards to Bronco. You haven't even come close to seeing everything yet. Let's just say that the plan is to keep the Bronco buzz going strong for the next several years.

Also, my understanding is that a lot of things will be available as standalone options that can be purchased after the fact. The idea is that you could buy a base model if that's all you could afford, but slowly add additional parts to make it more capable.
This is great news, and is definitely how I prefer to set up a vehicle, let's me dial in exactly what I want with fewer extra things that I'd never use. (I also, unfortunately, am more on the base model end of buyer spectrum than badlands or wild track :ROFLMAO:)

Sponsored

RupertH

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mostly
Sorry to crush your dreams, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a manual. The 7-speed can't be mated to the 2.7L due to its high torque output. They would have to develop a new transmission to handle that much torque. That just isn't going to happen.
Why do people keep saying this? It's not true- the specs clearly put the 2.7 in the range of the tranny. That Ford doesn't want to bother designing a second bellhousing seems plausible, but it's not a strength issue.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do people keep saying this? It's not true- the specs clearly put the 2.7 in the range of the tranny. That Ford doesn't want to bother designing a second bellhousing seems plausible, but it's not a strength issue.
I'm all for the manual 2.7 but this post leads me to believe they know what they are talking about. proof?

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 7 speed is only rated for 405 lb. ft. of torque. The 2.7 EcoBoost can provide 400 lb. ft.

5 lb. ft. isn't enough of a safety margin.

A tuned 2.3 EcoBoost could easily destroy the 7 speed is my bet as well.

Sponsored

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopeful thinking, but maybe Ford is anticipating offering a tune for the 2.7 that would exceed the capabilities of the MT?

Also note that the PDF states 600 Nm scalable to 800 Nm. It's possible Ford optioned for the base.