First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They can't smirk too much. I had two Jeeps and the top leaked on both, right above the passenger side front corner.
I’ve owned YJs, TJs and JKs of both hard and soft tops and none of them have ever leaked. My current JK with just shy of 220k on the clock has its soft top come on and off all the time in the summer and still no leaks.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m gonna lose sleep over water getting in and then freezing in my frame…😥

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Update:

I was able to do some testing. So far I’m unable to reproduce the event. I did not use pressure yet.

I systematically poured water in the following blue, yellow, red areas. All water was routed to the floor with no visible internal leaks. The hole under the roof panel looks like it is missing a bolt. But it is like this on both sides. And is perhaps a drain.

As far as removing the panel that says Air Bag, I have always been hesitant to remove those…so I have not been able to inspect behind there yet.

E656FEA4-617D-4C0F-B741-652A1F3D212B.jpeg

9DC5D33B-96D1-4D3D-94D3-B117B7BB3B29.jpeg

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please copy and paste the text here your talking about. Larger tires on the SAS do not preclude it from a drive through car wash.
I've certainly seen drive through washes that have limitations on how wide the tire can be to fit inside the track that pulls you through. I could see it being possible that SAS tires are too wide for some

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Regarding the Sasquatch and car washes with the track, check with your car wash of choice. Delta Sonic is a popular one around here, and was my first job out of high school, and this is on their FAQ...

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 1626563642072

Sounds like a Sasquatch will fit, not sure what a Union Road tire is though.

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would have taken a special edition MGV interior in my FE in a freakin heartbeat...

Add in removable carpet pads with washout floors underneath... Sploosh.

That being said, this sucks. Guess Im glad I live in California where its more likely my car burns up vs gets rained on...🔥🔥🔥
lol, so true. The only reason I know my year old jeep doesn’t leak is because I’ve taken it through a car wash multiple times.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regarding the Sasquatch and car washes with the track, check with your car wash of choice. Delta Sonic is a popular one around here, and was my first job out of high school, and this is on their FAQ...

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 1626563642072

Sounds like a Sasquatch will fit, not sure what a Union Road tire is though.
I think Union Road is probably one of their locations. We have different wash down here and depending on location you go to, they have limitations.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sas has too wide of a wheel for most car washes. You’d need to find one where you’re stationary and not rolling down a track. Still wouldn’t use it though.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Haven’t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But you’ll get the idea.

I hope it’s from the top and not the windshield.

[/QUOTE there’s a good chance it’s probably the mic top I’d have your dealer make a note of it or trouble shoot it your self with a garden hose first could be something as simple as one of the top pieces not lined up wright.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ideally a removable top’s seal wouldn’t permit water to enter behind the trim…
Sponsored