Sponsored

What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against?

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking at the Badlands Trim with the 4-door. However, I am also looking at the Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon as well.

My question to you is, which will provide better capability and overall fun? Thanks!
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco vs my current P71 Vic.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For me decision is between keeping current Wrangler (plus duffel bag of cash) or new Bronco.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Rover Defender 90 is not drastically more expensive than the Badlands (assuming a few options for each), i've done a few build and price on the Defender 90...

Full disclosure: Build & Price was available the day that Rover announced the model was available in America.

Sponsored

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heres the far out left field / not even in ball park

Bronco - as close as base i can get with big screen and nice speakers but i think i'll need the high package for that so probably settle for the lowest trim with the mid package

Porsche GT4 -

Corvette C8 Z06 -

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Tremor package?
Not sure. I've read that as soon as the 2022 MY, the Ranger will see significant upgrades including; moving to the Bronco frame, better off-road capability, and a V6 option. I'd definitely want to know more about that before I pulled the trigger on a 19-21 Ranger. Of course, that's all moot if I go ahead with my Bronco. ?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure. I've read that as soon as the 2022 MY, the Ranger will see significant upgrades including; moving to the Bronco frame, better off-road capability, and a V6 option. I'd definitely want to know more about that before I pulled the trigger on a 19-21 Ranger. Of course, that's all moot if I go ahead with my Bronco. ?
Ah OK, you're referring to the next Ranger. Not sure when we'll see that

MIG1963

Badlands
First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?
For me it has to be 2-Door. I wanted a NEW-old-style Jimmy, No luck from GM... Same for Blazer... Same for 2 door Cherokee... I love the new Bronco and there is not a single vehicle to compete with it. Not even the Wrangler IMO.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Completely different vehicle, but I almost bought a Taco Pro last year before the Bronco really started to materialize. Corona actually pushed my "need a new truck" back, but I still need something decent for weekends/date night/road trips. The 08 F150 is quickly slipping into farm truck status and the daily is a 11 ranger that is so packed full of tools. The 88 Yota project is just moving too slow. That said, I think the first word out of my mouth as a kid was Bronco. I'm 31 and have had a 78, 79 and 92. I will have a 2021 and with any luck a few more down the road

Sponsored

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Jeep Wranger 4xe. the 2.0T motor makes me nervous. Could be a pile of crap. Waiting to see price.
Also really wanted a Toyota Tundra TRD Pro.

Txbeerrealtor

Wildtrak
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 2017 GLE 350 4M
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing. Not cross shopping. I want a new Bronco, I don't NEED a new Bronco. So whenever I get mine, i'll be happy. Until then I'll keep driving my 2012 Ram Laramie Longhorn.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing, well unless Ford came out of nowhere with a new Lightning. Then I may fulfill that fantasy first.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

K5's
I made the mistake of letting one go a few years ago. If I find one that's reasonable, it may take the Bronco's place. Good/Bad news: none of them are reasonable.
Sponsored