Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ok then .. you are using an adapter made by some guy

I stand by my statement .. a Fumoto metal valve will NOT thread into a plastic oil pan

I'm not with my truck but will. Its a replacement plastic plug with the fumoto threaded into the plastic plug. Some guy was making them years ago and I bought a couple.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok then .. you are using an adapter made by some guy

I stand by my statement .. a Fumoto metal valve will NOT thread into a plastic oil pan
It's still a metal fumoto screwed into plastic. There's a thread here somewhere with a plastic fumoto screwed into a plastic pan though if that's what folks are looking for.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am going to make an analogy for you that I hope you understand.

If I were to tell you that I am 7 feet tall BUT failed to disclose the fact that I was standing on a stool measuring 14 inches then I am really 7 feet tall?

You disagreed with me but conveniently left out the fact that you are using an adapter.

It's still a metal fumoto screwed into plastic. There's a thread here somewhere with a plastic fumoto screwed into a plastic pan though if that's what folks are looking for.

Last edited:

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to make an analogy for you that I hope you understand.

If I were to tell you that I am 7 feet tall BUT failed to disclose the fact that I was standing on a stool measuring 14 inches then I am really 7 feet tall?

You disagreed with me but conveniently left out the fact that you are using an adapter.
Nothing intentional left out, no more so than you telling me that I didn't have a plastic oil pan and questioning if I knew what kind of engine was in the truck that I've been driving for 10y. I'm still disagreeing with you that metal can't be threaded into plastic. It's done in the plumbing world everyday. If you would have said that they don't make a metal fumoto with plastic oil pan threads, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing intentional left out, no more so than you telling me that I didn't have a plastic oil pan and questioning if I knew what kind of engine was in the truck that I've been driving for 10y. I'm still disagreeing with you that metal can't be threaded into plastic. It's done in the plumbing world everyday. If you would have said that they don't make a metal fumoto with plastic oil pan threads, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Much easier solution...

https://www.uprproducts.com/upr-for...for-mustang-f150-raptor-edge-explorer-bronco/

It has locking tabs to stay secure...just did my second oil change. Very well made.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it and the ability to lock it. Much better than a small zip tie in the fumoto grove that I've been using. I'm in a lot of rough and brushy terrain often. Always worried about a stick hitting the lever just right lol.
And even with the skid plate in place it is cool that you can stick a tube on the nipple and drain the pan by just turning it...but I like to take the entire plug out and check the magnet for pieces of valvetrain

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Asking again; Anyone with the 2.7 using any of the metal drain valves recommended on the Fumoto site and if so, did you need to add the extension to clear anything on the oil pan. Thank you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Post bump and question:

Asking again; Anyone with the 2.7 using any of the metal drain valves recommended on the Fumoto site and if so, did you need to add the extension to clear anything on the oil pan. Thank you.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I totally forgot about Fomotos and ordered a Ronin...but looking at their website it seems they show metal threads which doesn't match up so I dunno.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's no Fumoto adapter for the 2.7. The 2.7 pan does not have threads. It has a spiral groove. So, to use a Fumoto valve on the 2.7, you would need an adapter with a spiral groove on one end and threads on the other end.

Until somebody comes up with that solution I've got a Ronin.
Sponsored