Sponsored

What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been a member of this and other vehicle forums including the Maverick. Something about the Bronco brings out the haters you don't find with the others. For example on the Maverick forum they discuss things like interior quality, production delays, etc. without the usual hate mongers screaming about Ford never doing anything right. The discussions take on a completely different tone. You would think a vehicle as unique as the Bronco with special design and manufacturing challenges would be given some leeway, but every little issue is an example of how the entire vehicle is crap, Ford is Crap and Ford never built a quality vehicle. Why is this? The Maverick is a Ford too. Is it because Bronco people are brilliant engineers and experts in auto production? I have my own ideas....
I think a lot has to do with the wait time. People are frustrated. I've never seen this level of interest in a non-exotic vehicle. I'm like a kid before Christmas, filled with anticipation. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hopeful for the next round, a lot of 7/13&7/14, 2 doors got scheduled on 10/28. I went back and had tube doors removed because I heard they were early summer availability and I did not want them to slow things down.
I just read tube doors were not a problem. Guess we will see.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never over promise and under deliver. Realize that the Bronco, for many people, is their first foray into the world of Ford. It has been hyped like crazy, and time after time Ford has had to backtrack what they already committed to, and fail to deliver on their own word.

It isn't a life and death situation, I don't need a Bronco. I have two 4runners and a Land Cruiser sitting in my garage as we speak. We wanted a Bronco, and I was one of those who was really, really excited. The excitement has faded, and when calling it like it is, people take it as hating on the product. Not hating, just disappointed.

Never over promise and under deliver.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's about power. It's always about power.

The Bronco is a mostly unnecessary lifestyle vehicle that makes a big and bold statement of power - horsepower, capability, and financial. Just look at everyone complaining about how wimpy the Badlands looks with only 33s. How beefy and tough the Sasquatch looks.
I think this point is missed so often. Anyone buying a Bronco is by nature purchasing a vehicle beyond their needs. But we aren't going to all line up for EcoSports because at some level we want our vehicle to say something about us. A neighbor who's a financial advisor bought his wife a pre-owned toyota so we could all hear about depreciation curves and reliability. Meanwhile I'm reading on B6G people are taking out HELOCs to finance the most "aggressive" truck possible.

We all have the right to spend our $$$ as we please but when there's a clear Coke/Pepsi dynamic with the Wrangler there's bound to be a ton of polarization. Also when the Bronco brings in such a diverse customer base we're all showing up to the same party for very different reasons.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just read tube doors were not a problem. Guess we will see.
That very well may be true, but for the $150 difference between ordering with the Bronco, or aftermarket, I decided not to risk it.

Sponsored

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is easier to troll people who are already upset. So the trolls are here and, as far as I can tell, mostly go unchecked. The trolling is here to stay, it's up to the people of the forum to feed them or not.

I'm just hunkered down and holding. (onto my order). Coming here for actual news and ignoring the rest. (I am here today because of SEMA.)

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That very well may be true, but for the $150 difference between ordering with the Bronco, or aftermarket, I decided not to risk it.
I get it. I would think that an accessory like that which does not have to be installed,built on to the vehicle wouldn't hold up a vehicle build. They might ship them after the fact, but wouldn't not build a ride because of it. Needless to say I just left my GM a voicemail inquiring about it.😉

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the launch gone differently ---no MIC issues, Dirt Mountain fiasco and more Bronco's into the hands of early reservation holders, the sentiment might be different.
I think if Ford had simply stuck with the original plan: time-stamp = get a Bronco, things would be WAAAYYY different.

Are Maverick buyers getting screwed based on who they chose to buy from?

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never over promise and under deliver. Realize that the Bronco, for many people, is their first foray into the world of Ford. It has been hyped like crazy, and time after time Ford has had to backtrack what they already committed to, and fail to deliver on their own word.

It isn't a life and death situation, I don't need a Bronco. I have two 4runners and a Land Cruiser sitting in my garage as we speak. We wanted a Bronco, and I was one of those who was really, really excited. The excitement has faded, and when calling it like it is, people take it as hating on the product. Not hating, just disappointed.

Never over promise and under deliver.
The Hype is not just from Ford, the media and people like you and me have a lot to do with it. The bottom line is the first two years were sold out in a matter of weeks, so there are going to be people waiting and disappointed. Ford could have handled the reservation system differently for sure, but it was never a guarantee of anything. It was a mere $100 dollars! They could simply say Obama thinks it uses too much gas and the Bronco is for "essential use only", while they high five each other for saving the planet driving our Broncos to their private jets. Hey moderators, political perhaps. Relevant? Sure is sadly!

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hate number 1 - it's delayed.
It's the over abundance of sales/excitement information being fed to people's computers and phones every day. Coupled with long delays. It's like being told you get something for Christmas, but they keep extending Christmas by 3-6 month periods. Most of this isn't really Ford's fault, many companies are experiencing extreme delays and shortages.

Hate number 2 - it has some growing pains.
New designs always do. First year production, breaking new ground in several areas of how it's going to be used. So a top leaks or a tailgate rattles, people think the sky is falling (because they're too young to remember MANY past new models experienced this. Probably the 1964 1/4 Mustang too).

Hate number 3 - quality control
The pandemic hurt the work force. Period. Errors occur, and misses slip out the door.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The job analogy is interesting and I agree. But when I quit (sold my Jeep) my new 'employer' said I could start next Monday (June 21) then delayed until July 23, OK, I can make it. Now I haven't heard a word since, other than I might be able to start in October, wrong again.
Hmm, sounds to me like you failed the drug test.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think if Ford had simply stuck with the original plan: time-stamp = get a Bronco, things would be WAAAYYY different.

Are Maverick buyers getting screwed based on who they chose to buy from?
Well sort of! Dealers are asking $5000 ADM!! Just make sure you have your knee pads on when you walk in to the dealership, and maybe a six pack of Vaseline!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know -- overall I thought the texturing was nice and everything fit well. I see elements of my seventies AMC Hornet in the Jeep dash. Isn't there also a big difference between lower and high end Jeeps? The Bronco is all the same, so I guess it makes sense that those paying a lot want something different than us base pukes.
Yeah, I can't speak for the different trim levels, and that could make a difference. I am comparing my Gladiator Rubicon to my Wife's Badlands Bronco with Lux. I can give you a couple examples.

The Bronco's steering wheel is supposed to be leather, I think, It feels like plastic. Very cheap feeling for a car of this price. The Gladiator's steering wheel is made of really nice feeling leather. It's a huge contrast. Also the material that wraps around the shifters have the same contrast. The Bronco's shifter wrap could not feel any cheaper. I don't understand it. The marine grade vinyl on the seats is so nice. They could have used it. The plastic for the Bronco's dash is super cheap feeling. Even how parts come together isn't the greatest. I could go on and on about the grab handle. It feels like crap and its what you grab every time you get it. The two pieces don't mate up well and the rubber is very hard cheap plastic. You can feel the seam.

I love the Bronco, I really do. But there are things Jeep did better and there are things Ford did better. I would even argue, the interior design in the Bronco is better. They just used cheap materials. Lets not even mention comparing the V6s. Bronco's all day every day.

Ford Bronco What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters? 8D934963-E487-4EE4-BB9C-8584AB7704A8

Ford Bronco What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters? 78847364-ECD5-43A5-975D-FBD5D3F8BBB2

Last edited:
OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have noticed this with jeepers too. If a jeep with huge wheels that poke out into the other lane (aka brodozer) they will ride my ass and try to keep up me until I'm tired of being annoyed and smoke their ass. Funny watching them try to keep up since the broncos handling is nice🤣. Regular jeeps I don't have that problem. I even get a wave here and there. So the bronco Def brings out haters. Haven't had this problem with any other vehicles like raptors. Don't know why people are like that. At the end of the day it's just a vehicle, so what's the point of being an ass to other people if they are not being an ass themselves
Jeeps are cool, but I'm not into the huge wheel thing. I saw one the other day that had a nice set of mud tires that were probably only 30", that looked great in my opinion.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I can't speak for the different trim levels, and that could make a difference. I am comparing my Gladiator Rubicon to my Wife's Badlands Bronco with Lux. I can give you a couple examples.

The Bronco steering wheel is supposed to leather, I think, It feels like plastic. Very cheap feeling for a car of this price. The Gladiator's steering wheel is made of really nice feeling leather. It's a huge contrast. Also the material that wraps around the shifters have the same contrast. The Bronco's shifter wrap could not feel any cheaper. I don't understand it. The marine grade vinyl on the seats is so nice. They could have used it. The plastic for the Bronco's dash is super cheap feeling. Even how parts come together isn't the greatest.

I love the Bronco, I really do. But there are things Jeep did better and there are things Ford did better. I would even argue, the interior design in the Bronco is better. They just used cheap materials. Lets not even mention comparing the V6s. Bronco's all day every day.

Ford Bronco What is is about the Bronco that brings out the haters? 78847364-ECD5-43A5-975D-FBD5D3F8BBB2

Great post.
Sponsored