First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first was a Black Diamond and at the time one was available at a Dealership so I got it. Loved it and loved that it was manual too! I now have a Badlands and it had all the features that I wanted gears/locker.. and a few other small things.

One thing that I liked about the Black Diamond more is how it felt in the front (suspension handling wise) Only thing that was different between mine was the swaybar on them - Same suspension set up. Yes it is cool that I can disconnect it (if you stay under certian speed limits - but I definalty go faster than that speed limit offroad though... shhhh!)
Unless the BD is SAS, BD is Hoss 1.0 and Badlands is Hoss 2.0.
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At the time (late 2021) for the specs I wanted, the price was very similar to get a 2dr Sasquatch Black Diamond, or 2dr non-Sasquatch Badlands. I went with the BD because I didnā€™t care about the stabilizer bar disconnect and I didnā€™t care about the signature headlights. I like the BD grille and the two-tone MGV seats better than the Badlands, so I went with the BD. Over a year later, no regrets and I like having an uncommon trim. Makes it stand out just a tiny bit.

Ford Bronco What led you to the Black Diamond? IMG_1901

BroncoBish

Badlands
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless the BD is SAS, BD is Hoss 1.0 and Badlands is Hoss 2.0.
I did not have stock suspension on them - Ran the Eibach coilovers on the BD 2 weeks after getting it - They did the R&D with my Bronco. And then less then 2 months after that I put the Kings on right before SEMA.

I am comparing them both apples to apples with the Kings on them. Not the factory shocks. :)

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was funny. The first time I went to the Ford website and built an imaginary Bronco, I gravitated toward to the Black Diamond. I liked the fact that it "looked" like a utilitarian Bronco, which is what I really wanted.

So after building each trim level, and adding what I thought would be a necessity for a trail capable rig, the Black Diamond kept coming up. Plus, the build price was within my budget.

My rig had to have wash out interior and MGV, so from there I could add what I wanted and stay true to my budget. I always order the largest engine available in a vehicle, so the 2.7 was chosen. I wanted a front locker, 35" s and the added ground clearance, so I added the SAS package. Wanted the capable front bumper with fog lamps. However, I wanted simplicity, so against 99% of the folks who badgered me, I went with the simple, standard 321A option package. I'm right at 52k for what I think will be a really good trail rig, that is capable and looks good.

In short, after a month or so of putting every configuration together on the Ford website, the Black Diamond kept checking all the boxes. I seriously think the BD is the best bang for your buck from all trim levels.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current ride is a 23 Black Diamond advanced 2 door. Sasquatch, 2.3, auto trans with tow package. I miss the options in the mid package and am also going back to a 4 door. So;

I have two Broncos scheduled to be built on August 28th. They are both 2.7, 10 speed, sasquatch, mid package, tow package, soft tops. Iconic Silver and Carbonized gray. Both 4 doors.

Upgrading from a black diamond with sasquatch to a Badlands with sasquatch cost is 3600.00.

For that money with these two builds I get :

signature lighting and LED tail lights
A second rear tow hook
A painted grill
A quick disconnect sway bar
The ability to add high / lux packages which I did not.
Orange stitching with a solid color seat versus blue stitching and a two tone seat.

Lastly I like the Badlands name and badging over the Black Diamond. I will probably be buying the carbonized gray Badlands but I wonā€™t know for sure till they both hit the lot.

I also agree that the BEST buy for your dollar is definitely the Black Diamond. Iā€™m just going to have to decide between carbonized gray or Iconic silver. That will be what drives this purchase for me.

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, since I couldn't wait if I ordered one months on end for a Bronco, I guess you could say I settled. On a lightly used 7000 on the clock, w/ new car smell still, 2021 Bronco BD with Sasquatch. And it was all the bonuses that came along with it. Like rubber floors, MGV, MIC, 2.7L, 10 Speed Automatic, 4.7 Gearing, Anti-Matter Blue Unicorn Paint, Front & Rear Lockers. I feel I made out like a bandit. Owned it for 4 months now and just turned 10K miles. Very Happy and loving it.
Ford Bronco What led you to the Black Diamond? Jo-Bronc

Last edited:

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like most of the others here I played with the build sheets looking for the specs I wanted. I knew I wanted locker, wash out floor, skid plates, vinyl seats, manual, aux switches , 2 doors, advanced 4x4 ( for when the XO drives it) and as few additional electronics as I could reasonably manage.

Sas package if I could find it.

The black diamond ticked those boxes.
When I got serious about it, I started searching online for a new one without an insane dealer markup ( thatā€™s a unicorn). Or a lightly used one. I didnā€™t want the wait folks are having for an ordered custom build from ford.

about three weeks later, lo and behold a Buick/Chevy dealer has a BD on the lot ( guy got it, had a kid in the mean time and missed a 4 door pickup that he traded it in for )

2022 Black diamond , 2 door, manual, ox white, Sas package , rock rails with auto drop sidesteps ( about took out my shin when I opened the door for a test drive lol, luckily there is a switch to turn them off. Great for the XO, not so much for me). 7k on the clock and looked NEW. While the dealer was still at the low end of Covid pricing, the cost was reasonable and I told them I would make the deal if they could beat the CU interest rate and give me what carvana would on my trade ( they came within 500 bucks , but I had a new crack in the windshield from the 2 hour drive to the dealership on construction roads) and they beat the interest rate by almost 2% (5.5). Ordered a catch can and auto stop eliminator while they were drawing up the paperwork and took it home, couldnā€™t be happier!

Bought an extended warranty through Flood Ford when I got home ( mainly for the electronics) , pulled the back seats ( no kids at home) and while I would say I called it a day, Iā€™m still looking at what other stuff I think is a ā€œneedā€ now like grab handles for the XO

Ajay007001

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I originally was looking at the Outer Banks I do happen to like some of the features in the High and Lux packages but currently for me I cannot justify the extra money for those over the Black Diamond and Big Bend models. Between the big bend and black diamond I ultimately decided on black diamond for the washout interior and the stock bumpers and grill that I liked the look of better.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was originally going to go with a 24 Badlands non SAS, but after doing more research on here and finally talking myself out of the heated steering wheel, I went with the BD. The contraints on the Badlands scared me and I didnā€™t really need most of the heavy duty off road stuff in the BL trim

Really happy with my BD order and itā€™s going to be a long wait until it finally arrives. Trying to just forget about it for a few months but instead I spend my time on here looking at builds and accessories

Sponsored

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Wash out floors
2. black steelies
3. steel f & r bumpers
4. Locking rr dif
5. Overall no-frills look

Ford Bronco What led you to the Black Diamond? Jo-Bronc
This! Why I love mine too.

BDBronco603

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question to current BD owners. How's your experience been with the bronco? My 2023 BD order is being built next week and I am still on the fence as to whether or not I'll go through with the purchase given the price increases.

For reference, it's a 2023 4-door automatic, 2.3L w/ hard top and mid-package. MSRP is a shade over $49k. Think this trim is worth nearly $50k for a non-squatch build?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have a BD, what let you to buy that trim vs. the others? I'm leaning towards it vs. BL and wanted to hear from BD owners. There seem to be a lot more BLs owners on here. Thanks in advance.
Rear locker plus 32ā€ tires. Wanted the mid-package but Ford said no with MT. 1ā€ lift and ā€˜33ā€™s in the future. Long term M210 locker in the front and still way under the up charge for badlands.

cmjuetten

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As most replied. I felt it was the most capable for the money. Rear locker, 4.46 gears, washout interior, Modular bumper, skid plates, aux switches, and auto with 2.7. $42K for a 2022 2dr. (I had price protection)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question to current BD owners. How's your experience been with the bronco? My 2023 BD order is being built next week and I am still on the fence as to whether or not I'll go through with the purchase given the price increases.

For reference, it's a 2023 4-door automatic, 2.3L w/ hard top and mid-package. MSRP is a shade over $49k. Think this trim is worth nearly $50k for a non-squatch build?
I think the 2-door base manual with hardtop is (was since it's now MIA) one of the best values, which I got for under 30k. For 50k hopefully you will have real use for the key functionalities, else the expenditure is questionable. You're gonna want to get some good use of the removable top and off-road functionality, not just drive it around closed up on pavement for 50k.
Sponsored