Sponsored

What's Up With The Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Option?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was wondering about that.

In my F150, which is noisy, the sound comes from the mirrors pushing through the wind. Any buzz is from the tires and road.

Roof dampening isn't doing a dang thing about that. The temperature affect could be a thing, though. Florida sun is not nice. I've had sunglasses melt in the ceiling holder before.
That's true brother. My sister, and her hubby lived in Hollywood for years. Summertime sun was a killer. :)
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the shout out. We are excited to say that we will be making our Hothead Headliners for the new Ford Bronco as soon as possible.

We have a contact form up on our website if anyone would like to be notified once we do have them available. Click the below link and give us your contact info and you'll be the first to know.

Get notified when Hothead Headliners are available for the Ford Bronco

In the meantime, we'd be happy to answer any headliner questions. Just let me know.

-Mark

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Jeep was OK without the head liner. But, with the Hot Head head liner it's much much better, cooler, quieter, etc. The radio even sounds better. And the Hot Head is much nicer than the factory liners. It's thicker with better looking materials, and was lower in price. I certainly hope Hot Head will make one for the Bronco, because it a must have for me now.

Also, I noticed leaks were mentioned concerning the hard tops. The hard top on my JL does not leak. I expect Ford will have the same quality top. They can't afford to go cheap if they are competing with Jeep.
We're glad you enjoyed our Headliners in your Jeep! We'll be making them for the bronco. I just posted a link above if you want to be notified as soon as we have them.

Are you going to keep the Jeep along with the Bronco? I'm pretty excited to see how they compete with one another.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
275 65R20's aren't 35's. 35X12.50 are 35's. Just like the "33's" on the bronco aren't 33's. 33X12.50 are 33's.;)
The 33x12.5's on my 1974 don't measure 33" either. They measure 32.75" which is about the same height as a 285/70-17.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't they have ear buds with noise cancellation now? When I fly I just use regular old ear plugs. Seems all my trips start with a full day of driving on highways.
i actually looked into this (active noise cancelling headsets) when i was shopping for a Pinzgauer 6x6 years ago.

the 'pinZ is super loud at 55 mph!

not road legal except for first responder personnel :mad:

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the shout out. We are excited to say that we will be making our Hothead Headliners for the new Ford Bronco as soon as possible.

We have a contact form up on our website if anyone would like to be notified once we do have them available. Click the below link and give us your contact info and you'll be the first to know.

In the meantime, we'd be happy to answer any headliner questions. Just let me know.

-Mark
Hey Mark, the link doesn’t seem to have a notify option. Looking forward to some hotheads.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Mark, the link doesn’t seem to have a notify option. Looking forward to some hotheads.
If you scroll down, you should see an area to put in your name, email, Bronco model and then an "okay" button to submit.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you scroll down, you should see an area to put in your name, email, Bronco model and then an "okay" button to submit.
Ah it wasn’t showing on mobile. I switched to a PC and it worked just fine. Thank you!

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah it wasn’t showing on mobile. I switched to a PC and it worked just fine. Thank you!
Thanks for letting me know. We'll take a look to see if there are issues with the form on mobile from our end.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're glad you enjoyed our Headliners in your Jeep! We'll be making them for the bronco. I just posted a link above if you want to be notified as soon as we have them.

Are you going to keep the Jeep along with the Bronco? I'm pretty excited to see how they compete with one another.
I wish I could Mark, but with 5 vehicles I'm out of storage space. The wife's a good sport, but she does have her limits. :)

BTW, I signed up for the notifications. My reservation is so far down the line I can't even see the door. But, I'm in for your headliner. I've seen the difference between your head liner, and the factory one. Yours is the winner for sure.

Also, if anyone here is wondering about the installation of a Hot Head head liner, it's EZPZ. I followed the enclosed instructions, and from start to clean up it took about an hour. The liner has been in my Jeep for 18 months, and still nicely in place. It's a one, or two beer job depending on the number a breaks you take, and the outside temperature. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish I could Mark, but with 5 vehicles I'm out of storage space. The wife's a good sport, but she does have her limits. :)

BTW, I signed up for the notifications. My reservation is so far down the line I can't even see the door. But, I'm in for your headliner. I've seen the difference between your head liner, and the factory one. Yours is the winner for sure.

Also, if anyone here is wondering about the installation of a Hot Head head liner, it's EZPZ. I followed the enclosed instructions, and from start to clean up it took about an hour. The liner has been in my Jeep for 18 months, and still nicely in place. It's a one, or two beer job depending on the number a breaks you take, and the outside temperature. :)
If you already have five, is it really more to keep six? haha

Thanks for the endorsement and definitely keep us posted on your review of the Bronco vs the Wrangler.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

-Mark
Quick question about the Sound Assassin package. How much does the 28 sheet full floor 4 door package weigh? Also, how well does it do in water? Any issues with holding on to moisture if they get wet?

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick question about the Sound Assassin package. How much does the 28 sheet full floor 4 door package weigh? Also, how well does it do in water? Any issues with holding on to moisture if they get wet?
Hey Chris, great questions! Our Sound Assassin 28-Sheet, Full Floor Package is made to cover the 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU (4 Door) and has a shipping weight of 35lbs. There isn't anything different about our various Sound Assassin packages, other than we wanted to make it easy for our Customers to purchase the square footage they needed for their particular Jeep. We'll do the same for the Bronco as well. We also sell single sheets for anyone that wants to use it anywhere else (doors, trunks, etc.).

The Sound Assassin sheets are made of a dense butyl-based material that won't have any problem getting wet. The only thing I'd like to mention since it sounds like you may not have carpet in your vehicle if you plan on getting it pretty wet, is that it should be installed under your carpeting. If it's left exposed, it will get torn up from shoes, etc., especially the top Radiant Barrier layer. We definitely recommend only buying the Floor Packages if you're installing under some sort of carpeting.

I hope that answered your questions. Feel free to reach back out if you have any other concerns.

-Mark

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Chris, great questions! Our Sound Assassin 28-Sheet, Full Floor Package is made to cover the 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU (4 Door) and has a shipping weight of 35lbs. There isn't anything different about our various Sound Assassin packages, other than we wanted to make it easy for our Customers to purchase the square footage they needed for their particular Jeep. We'll do the same for the Bronco as well. We also sell single sheets for anyone that wants to use it anywhere else (doors, trunks, etc.).

The Sound Assassin sheets are made of a dense butyl-based material that won't have any problem getting wet. The only thing I'd like to mention since it sounds like you may not have carpet in your vehicle if you plan on getting it pretty wet, is that it should be installed under your carpeting. If it's left exposed, it will get torn up from shoes, etc., especially the top Radiant Barrier layer. We definitely recommend only buying the Floor Packages if you're installing under some sort of carpeting.

I hope that answered your questions. Feel free to reach back out if you have any other concerns.

-Mark
35 lbs is less than I thought it would weigh, so that's good.

So as far as water goes, no need to do anything special to dry it out? My concern is trapping moisture against the sheet metal if there is water intrusion into the cab. Most likely I'd pull the carpet to dry it out once I got home, but it would go back in after. I don't intend to run it with bare floors. It's too hot in Vegas to take insulation out.

Thanks for your answers.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
35 lbs is less than I thought it would weigh, so that's good.

So as far as water goes, no need to do anything special to dry it out? My concern is trapping moisture against the sheet metal if there is water intrusion into the cab. Most likely I'd pull the carpet to dry it out once I got home, but it would go back in after. I don't intend to run it with bare floors. It's too hot in Vegas to take insulation out.

Thanks for your answers.
We haven't ever had any complaints. It's very dense material, so I wouldn't worry about the product itself trapping water. I would just ensure that everything is fully dry before reinstalling the carpet as you don't want to put carpet over anything that isn't 100% dry. The carpet is far more likely to be an issue before the Sound Assassin material.

I hope that helps.
-Mark
Sponsored