Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
One word, mosquitos!!!
I only take the doors off for hard trails so I can see my front tires to get good placement. I love them off but when you get into bugs it’s bad.

Advertisement

OP

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Well...perhaps I'm being naive...but this will not be my primary vehicle. I live in NC and aside from about 4 months a year the weather here is plenty nice for top down and doors off. She'll be parked in the garage at night...but my plans are a soft top with the doors off...highway, beach, trails...doesnt matter! I guess we'll see how that goes!

Undecided

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Top off, doors off wheeling is pretty restricted by locality, weather and purpose. Wheeling trips are often not local. That usually means distance traveling, undependable weather, and a need for secure storage. wheeling in the dust, mud, snow, etc. can also be a factor for some.

When the wheeling is close by and the weather is good, top & doors can stay at home in the garage. :cool:

OP

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Top off, doors off wheeling is pretty restricted by locality, weather and purpose. Wheeling trips are often not local. That usually means distance traveling, undependable weather, and a need for secure storage. wheeling in the dust, mud, snow, etc. can also be a factor for some.

When the wheeling is close by and the weather is good, top & doors can stay at home in the garage. :cool:
Unless of course you have a soft top and doors that can be stowed in the back! Just sayin! 😁

Kind of a game changer if you ask me!

zaki

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Vehicle Showcase
My idea of off-roading is a wide-ass open, bad ass "dune buggy" lookin vehicle getting it done...

What am I missing here?
You are missing the entire point of the Bronco.

It can do all that off-road and dune buggy stuff but also take you and your SO to dinner in style and then to work the next day without breaking a sweat.

Know any dune buggies that can do all that while looking so dashing?😉

AZHUND

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
I have a soft top and normally go with top down (see avatar). But spending hours on dirt results in SO MUCH DUST inside the cabin I always curse myself when I get back home. I don't baby/fret over dust in the Jeep that much, but a brown haze over everything inside isn't fun either so I still do a halfway job dusting/cleaning it anyways.

But then the following weekend I go do the same thing... Probably if I didn't have such a short drive home from the trails (or was spending the night somewhere) I would probably be more careful.

OP

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
You are missing the entire point of the Bronco.

It can do all that off-road and dune buggy stuff but also take you and your SO to dinner in style and then to work the next day without breaking a sweat.

Know any dune buggies that can do all that while looking so dashing?😉
Nah...the F250 is for working around the house, hauling the boat to the lake and daily driver...the wifes BMW X5 is for going out to dinner in style and the Bronco is 100% for Dune Buggying!!! 🤣

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Clubs

I’ve been doing this since I was 15, from quads to buggies, my first licensed vehicle was a 70 bronco, from there I had lifted late 70’s broncs, lifted trucks and eventually made my way into the jeeps. Each one had their own advantages and disadvantages, depending on surface and terrain. I’m at the age now (40. Yes. Ancient.) where I enjoy most any terrain, as long as I can do it comfortably and in A/C or heat (season contingent)
To me, the small to mid SUV’s like the Jeep and soon to be bronco offers the best overall versatility while maintaining creature comforts. As much as I enjoyed all of my toys for one reason or another, these to me offer the best overall experience.
Opinions vary of course, just my .02

zaki

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Vehicle Showcase
Nah...the F250 is for working around the house, hauling the boat to the lake and daily driver...the wifes BMW X5 is for going out to dinner in style and the Bronco is 100% for Dune Buggying!!! 🤣
Fair enough but I did say do all that while looking so dashing!😂

Advertisement

Advertisement