JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I check the rearview and both side views, drop the tranny in reverse, and back up. I only use the cameras for when I am getting really close to an object.
So, I guess you won't be using your cameras any time soon? šŸ™‚

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't really have a plan B yet. The delays should at least give me the chance to see the 2022 Frontier and the next-gen 2023 Ranger, Canyon, Colorado and Tacoma. I have also thought about keeping my Ranger and getting a small, vintage Airstream for camping. But right now, there is nothing that I want more than a Bronco...

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A year ago I was looking to replace my Canyon around this time with a Gladiator. Then the Bronco reveal changed all that, I wanted one as soon as I saw the reveal video. Unfortunately I didnā€™t make a reservation until Septemberā€¦.due to not knowing any information at that point on trim levels and pricing, what dealer I would order through, switching dealers for reservations, but most importantly, where in the world I would be when I got it delivered (I move around a lot for my job including overseas). With being a soft top I thought Iā€™d be able to skip a lot of people in line, but with the latest news of Ford cutting so much production and probably a lot more people ahead of me switching to soft top, Iā€™ve gone back to looking at Gladiators. A Mojave on 35s would be awesome and Iā€™d still be able to keep a truck bed, the main thing Iā€™m losing by going to the bronco.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since my wife ordered the Bronco almost a year ago I now get an emplyee discount on a Jeep... she wants no part in switching and sees the delays as an opportunity to build her down payment.

Makes no real difference to me but I dont particularly enjoy working on her edge.

OP
OP
bronc'o

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A year ago I was looking to replace my Canyon around this time with a Gladiator. Then the Bronco reveal changed all that, I wanted one as soon as I saw the reveal video. Unfortunately I didnā€™t make a reservation until Septemberā€¦.due to not knowing any information at that point on trim levels and pricing, what dealer I would order through, switching dealers for reservations, but most importantly, where in the world I would be when I got it delivered (I move around a lot for my job including overseas). With being a soft top I thought Iā€™d be able to skip a lot of people in line, but with the latest news of Ford cutting so much production and probably a lot more people ahead of me switching to soft top, Iā€™ve gone back to looking at Gladiators. A Mojave on 35s would be awesome and Iā€™d still be able to keep a truck bed, the main thing Iā€™m losing by going to the bronco.
Just put Nitto 35" Ridge Grapplers on mine. Amazing tires.
Ford Bronco What's your back-up plan? IMG_9464

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just put Nitto 35" Ridge Grapplers on mine. Amazing tires.
IMG_9464.jpeg
Ugh donā€™t tempt me.

Iā€™ve watched a lot of JK Gear and Gadgetsā€™ build of their Rubicon JT, it seems like they needed to do a lot in the way of upgrading the steering box bracing, steering stabilizers, and shocks just to get it to drive decently. Although a lot of automotive journalists have said the Mojave is the beat driving Wrangler/Gladiator there is, and it drives high speed way better than the others.
Whatā€™s your experience with your Rubicon? Any upgrades, how does it drive? Howā€™s the V6?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May pull the trigger on an almost-new Mojave this week. It'll be fun to drive around for the next 4-72 months while I wait for my Bronco, and the wife can decide whether she wants to drive it or keep driving our JL, or get something else entirely.

Gladiators seem to be holding their value so well, I'm not worried about only having it for a while as long as I do a.decent job buying.

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I get to spring of 23 without a Bronco Iā€™ll start looking seriously at Wranglers.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I guess you won't be using your cameras any time soon? šŸ™‚
I have cameras in my Fusion and in my King Ranch. I use them as noted above. I just switched from four-door to a two-door (with every deadly sin), because I have just found myself purchasing a second house, and I want to push off the Bronco purchase as far as I can...and I decided I prefer the two-door. So, the Bronco cameras won't be used for quite some time.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if the Bronco wasn't revealed last year I'd have a Rubicon in Mojito green or what it was called in the driveway with no regrets. But the reveal showed me that they took care of all the minor things I didn't really like about the Wrangler, so here I am. Just got my VIN and probably shifting many times build date.
I don't need a new car, my 18 year old Taco is holding up great, just drove it over 1000 miles to Oregon and back with no problems. But I want something new and I want an open roof. Since everybody is driving big ass SUVs and trucks here, a low to the ground convertible like Audi or BMW or what is out there, I want to see where I'm going, not just the back of vans and trucks and SUVs.
So I'm glad the Bronco came out when it did, when the Jeep dealer was closed because of Covid and somebody else bought that green Rubi, hope they have fun. I'll have fun in my Bronco.

Now, if I still lived in Germany, none of these would interest me, I'd have some fast and flat convertible for the Autobahn and country roads. But here I am :)

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a lot of new gen vehicles in the next year or two which is very exciting yet overwhelming.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really don't need a new car. I still use my 2002 F-150 supercrew and I'm happy with it. I just want the Bronco because it's a Bronco.šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored