First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well Jason....... here is my take on you posting this. You pick the one that fits.
A. You meant to type BL instead of BD.
B. You don't really know how much you really get when you get Badlands
C. You are to poor to get a Badlands
:pšŸ˜‚
I did order BL originally, but dropped to BD and soft top in hopes of getting it quicker. Which worked out because I was pulled the very next month. šŸ˜„

Jason
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did order BL originally, but dropped to BD and soft top in hopes of getting it quicker. Which worked out because I was pulled the very next month. šŸ˜„

Jason
I like the soft top BUT the way the rear opens is so dumb!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
White, black, and gray/silver are boring colors that look good on a refrigerator or washing machine but not so much on a vehicle. 77% of car/truck owners choose those so if thatā€™s what you drive, congrats, you have plenty of other conformists that think your car color looks great. :)

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? E507AB68-73BE-43EF-9450-4388FC293DED

Last edited:

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
White, black, and gray/silver are boring colors that look good on a refrigerator or washing machine but not so much on a vehicle. 77% of car/truck owners choose those so if thatā€™s what you drive, congrats, you have plenty of other conformists that think your car color looks great. :)

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? E507AB68-73BE-43EF-9450-4388FC293DED
I don't know if those numbers apply to a enthusiast's car.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, Iā€™m surprised Yellow is lower than Orange simply because of Taxi Fleets

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Apparently after reading some of this thread, my "Unpopular Bronco opinion" is that I pay way less attention to what other people drive and what they do to their vehicles than some people.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My three vehicles in life so far have been a white Integra, a silver Frontier, and a gray 235i. I'm ready for more color in my life. Well, just a little, since apparently on here Area 51 is just a fancy gray.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One more . . . I actually kinda like Navy Pier.
Reminds me of the blue interiors GM did in their trucks/Suburbans in the 90s (and I think they did Maroon as well), I dig it

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My three vehicles in life so far have been a white Integra, a silver Frontier, and a gray 235i. I'm ready for more color in my life. Well, just a little, since apparently on here Area 51 is just a fancy gray.
Which must mean the sky and water are also a fancy gray as my desktop picture proves. :)

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 7.41.01 AM

Brnco2.7

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As someone else mentioned, most people want a 4-Dr., so by virtue of pure sales, liking a 2-Dr is unpopular.

I donā€™t look down on 4-Dr. owners. I just think the vehicle is unappealing. It looks like an Excursion or Expedition offshoot.

And if you want to talk about a 2-Dr being more ā€œrealā€ (as someone mentioned), well, in terms of a Bronco, it is.

Thatā€™s what a Bronco is. 2 doors. Same with a Jeep.

What if you gave a Corvette 4 doors or 4 seats? People would say the original Corvette is the ā€œrealā€ Corvette.
Sometimes you just need 2 more doors!
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 537F189C-06D0-436D-9D30-B9A354256F75

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 537F189C-06D0-436D-9D30-B9A354256F75
Id of gone purple if it were an option

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Red, Silver, Blue, and Gray near equally boring, while Brown and Green are off the charts exciting, who would've thought?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone else mentioned, most people want a 4-Dr. So, by pure sales, liking a 2-Dr is unpopular.

I donā€™t look down on 4-Dr. owners. I just think the vehicle is unappealing. It looks like an Excursion or Expedition offshoot.

And if you want to talk about a 2-Dr being more ā€œrealā€ (as someone mentioned), well, in terms of a Bronco, it is.

Thatā€™s what a Bronco is. 2 doors. Same with a Jeep.

What if you gave a Corvette 4 doors or 4 seats? People would say the original Corvette is the ā€œrealā€ Corvette.
As a former and likely future Corvette owner, that analogy is poor, as sports cars serve a different purpose. Sports cars have 2 doors, always have, and always will. If they have 4, they are sports sedans, and handling suffers, making them less desirable and "real," which likely hurts the egos of Panamera and Tesla owners everywhere.

Pick-up trucks used to have 2 doors and a much smaller cab, but Dodge changed that in 1973 with their larger cab going mainstream. Now only 3% of pickups sold are regular cabs(83.1% are crew). Saying a 4 door Bronco is more "real" with 2 doors is the same logic as saying 4 door pickups are less "real." You could also use that logic to say a Bronco Raptor is less real as a 4 door. Oh wait, they only come in 4 doors, maybe becasue they perform on high speed desert runs much better with the longer wheelbase. Intended purpose matters.

The Bronco is an SUV, and for a very long time, most SUVs, including Jeeps, have had 4 doors.
The 2-door Bronco for me, loses all of its utility as it doesn't have enough room for 2 or 3 buddies(or family members) and me to go on a hunting or camping trip, especially with a dog crate and supplies in the back. If I was single, had fewer than 3 kids, or was building a Bronco for just offroading that I towed to the trails like many of my buddies do, the two-door would make more sense.

FWIW, the shorter wheelbase makes 2 door Jeeps and Broncos less stable on icy/snowy mountain roads or desert running at high speed. I've logged about 2,500 days snow skiing, and 2 door Jeeps get stuck in the ditch at an incredibly high rate compared to longer wheel-based SUVs and even cars like Audi Quattro and Subarus. On several dozen occasions, I've been passed by a two-door Jeep on a mountain or snowy/icy Minnesota road, only to wave at them as they are stuck in the ditch 10 minutes later. We even helped a two door Jeep owner upright his after he flipped it at 60+ mph on a frozen lake a couple of years ago. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: