John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Needs different engine options.

Don’t get me wrong I actually dig my 2.3 for what it is. And I like my Bronco. But I expected the 3.5 ecoboost to be the big engine and the 2.7 to be the small engine. 🤷 But I still want a hybrid option in the Bronco. Just not the joke that is in the Explorer. I have no desire for a V8 but they wanted to go ahead.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modern cars like the Bronco have been loaded with way too much unnessesary crap. If Ford had made a truck with manual windows and manual seats that had no ipad in the dash and that was actually trully a washout vehicle designed to leave topless in the rain... if they had actually made a modern vehicle that incorporated decelopments in automotive advancment and construction without all the forced digitisation; Ford would have dominated the car market for decades and reestablished the brand once again as the worlds preeminent car company.

Opportunity lost. As a share holder I expected better.
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 1660934629573

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.7l is not enough of a difference over the 2.3l to justify its existence.

Sasquatch should not be an option on Badlands

Washout floors should be standard on all trims with carpet an option.

trim levels vs options are too tedious

Area 51 will age poorly and be the equivalent of avocado green from the 60s and 70s

OP
OP
prospectfour

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was thinking exactly this…

Ford would sell a whopping 17 of the vehicle described. If you’re looking for bare bones, buy a restored Bronco with a modernized drivetrain. There’s a product for you, just not a mass market one.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Even worse than 4 door is the 4 door soft top. Talk about a limited purpose vehicle!

The way I look at 4 door is double duty with family in mind. Road trips, drive kids to and and from school, grocery getter, everything you'd use an suv for.

I could care less about the doors coming off and frankly think it's a stupid idea.

Taking the top off for short time during summer OK I give it that but that alone isn't enough to overcome the rest of the comprises.

You wanted unpopular, I'm giving it! :D
The term you're looking for is "couldn't care less". And slagging the mOaR-dOoR is actually a quite popular opinion around these parts!

Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
2.7l is not enough of a difference over the 2.3l to justify its existence.

Sasquatch should not be an option on Badlands

Washout floors should be standard on all trims with carpet an option.

trim levels vs options are too tedious

Area 51 will age poorly and be the equivalent of avocado green from the 60s and 70s
I agree Sasquatch should not be an option on Badlands. It was designed to be the most capable with the most articulation. That concept would help with the constraints that are currently outstanding. Oh and yeah @Ford Motor Company offer the mid package on a trim level other than the Badlands for manual transmission buyers. All you are doing is forcing manual transmission buyers into the Badlands so they can get some options and increasing constraints (increased semiconductor demand). If you are going all the way to Badlands as a manual transmission buyer why not add at least the High package? Too many trims for a release and terrible color choices. Too many grays.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Umm. Too many to list
1. Everyone who sees it wants to look at it closer
2. Too damn much fun to drive
3.Everyone I pass gives me a thumbs up. So annoying
4. Etc. etc. etc.

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was thinking exactly this…

Ford would sell a whopping 17 of the vehicle described. If you’re looking for bare bones, buy a restored Bronco with a modernized drivetrain. There’s a product for you, just not a mass market one.
I personally know at least 17 people that I wheel with regularly that agree with my position since we have all had this conversation more times than I can remember.

So... your argument is not only wrong it's also dumb and tells me yours will never leave pavement. Have fun at the mall!!!!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I personally know at least 17 people that I wheel with regularly that agree with my position since we have all had this conversation more times than I can remember.

So... your argument is not only wrong it's also dumb and tells me yours will never leave pavement. Have fun at the mall!!!!
Sign me up for one.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am under 30. Try again old man. Your memes are stale AF.
Ah ok I guess that also makes sense. See I assumed you were old and couldn't deal with change but it turns out you're young and just don't know what you're talking about. Got it. Thanks for clarifying

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it wasn't for mall crawlers this vehicle would be a flop. This isn't a side by side.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah ok I guess that also makes sense. See I assumed you were old and couldn't deal with change but it turns out you're young and just don't what you're talking about. Got it. Thanks for clarifying
It's funny how intolerant of other opinions you are in an unpopular opinion thread. Sorry that you are wrong and your bias keeps you from having the discussion.

I forgive you.
Sponsored