First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There may be a few show up at dealers, but I'd bet there will be no test drives. Ford has some Education and Training units that go to dealers to train salespeople, but they are pre-Production and even the dealer employees aren't allowed to even RIDE in them.

So unless they do some sort of ride and drive program (did it on Ranger and EcoBoost F-150, Shelby GT350 by invitation, and likely others I'm forgetting), I don't see it happening. With Covid, not sure I see a ride and drive happening.

I've got Bronco Sports on the rail car, so I expect some will start showing up at dealerships (somewhere) around the time of the Embargo removal on Media drives. This should give you some idea of timing to expect on Bronco as well. F-150 embargo lifted about the time they started shipping a week or two ago.

You should be able to make changes on your order until it gets scheduled (VIN and build date assigned)
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At one point Ford told dealers they would have full sized Broncos by December (a couple of dealers even scheduled events). It would appear Ford as delayed this, and perhaps I'm just an optimist, but I still think we'll be able to see on at dealers before January.
I called my dealer a couple of weeks ago and the Woman told me they expected demos in March.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your test drive will be on U tube. Maybe they can give us all a virtual test drive, with an appointment and reservation. This is all just too funny, these are not Ford GT's. They are Ford version of a Wrangler. Probably nicer.

RHazelton

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my dealer confirmed that I can test drive it once it's delivered to them, I'll have 48 hours to come in and claim it. They don't require any extra deposit.
So once it's on the lot I'll go inspect it, give it a good test drive, try out the soft top, etc and then hopefully drive home happy, but if there's something I don't like I'd just thank them and go back home. And they'd probably pop a bottle of bubbly celebrating having one on the lot to give a hefty markup :)
I sent them my B&P and once ordered there will be a short period where I could make changes, then it's locked. Forget what that timing is, I know what I want and won't have any changes (unless they offer other than crappy black interior for Badlands, that I would definitely want to change out).
Some dealers might require additional deposits when you order, and some require non-refundable deposits, so check with your dealer and see what your state laws say. I'm happy I don't have to pay any extra, so it's a really zero risk thing. Order exactly what I want and if I like it drive it home. If not get my $100 back and look for something else.

As for when can you see one? Who knows, supposedly a couple of the existing ones are making the rounds, but my dealer had no info if/when they might have one to look at, but said they'd let me know.
What dealership? I am in San Ramon and went with Serremonte.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When your order arrives at the dealer you can test drive...

My Raptor came in, I went to pick it up, salesman said, you want to take a quick drive? I said if it starts, I'm good, started it, looked it over for flaws, signed the papers and drove it home, happy camper ever since.

I get people are nervous, its a lot of coin for for a vehicle most only see in pictures and most of them are CGI before they order one...but Ford knows trucks, they've been doing it right for a long time. They are building this Bronco on a 7 year old proven platform with a proven 2.7 engine, 10A and Dana axles...I have no doubt this will be an great truck. It might even wind up being a fukin awesome truck.

That 2.3 and getrag, I have no comments on....

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- When will we be able to test drive it?
You can test drive it when it arrives at the dealer. :D I'm sure the dealer will let you take it for a spin before you finalize the paperwork. They might even hope you don't like it so they can call their list of hungry buyers willing to pay a briefcase full of ADM.:LOL:
Also one more: can someone confirm I can wait till end of January to convert my order without loosing my spot in line (I am day 1 reservation)? I am still undecided on a couple of stuff and hopping more info / specs / BP quirks are addressed by ford before I convert my order.
And last one: once I convert order, can I still modify it multiple times until end of Jan?
As of now, you have until the 31st of January to get your order in to retain your place in line. You can change your order, but do yourself and your dealer a favor and get your mind made up before you put in the order for the first time. Maybe something will happen (a new accessory or some other configuration change) that would have you change the order, but don't just change it because you can't make up your mind. ? You'll also be very likely able to make changes to your order up until the time it is allocated, which would probably give you at least a couple of extra months.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get people are nervous, its a lot of coin for for a vehicle most only see in pictures and most of them are CGI before they order one...but Ford knows trucks, they've been doing it right for a long time. They are building this Bronco on a 7 year old proven platform with a proven 2.7 engine, 10A and Dana axles...I have no doubt this will be an great truck. It might even wind up being a fukin awesome truck.
Also, there's a warranty. Hopefully we don't have to use it, but it's there.

People should plan on there being more flaws in the 2021. First year vehicles, regardless of brand, always have more flaws. Usually the next-to-last year of a model's run is the most or nearly most trouble-free.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My test drive will be when the wife drives it home, lol. Happy wife happy life. Proven drive train (2.7/10 speed) not real concerned beyond that...
Sponsored