Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost always do mine in my own driveway. As @lindertw mentioned, you can track it all in your FordPass app.

If my vehicle has a pending recall or needs something that isn't really feasible for me to do in my driveway... I will have my dealer change the oil while they complete the other work.

Separate question - rotate tires (incl spare) every oil change? Or no?
I personally rotate my tires every other oil change. But every oil change is also fine. And yeah... 5-tire rotation is key for vehicles that have a full-sized spare. Effectively gives you an extra 20% tire life out of your tires.
Sponsored

DoUSquatch

Base
First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Take a look at the you tube channels on changing the 6G Bronco's oil. You'd be surprised how easy it is. Takes me 5-10 minutes to unscrew bash plate bolts, release plug, lift hood then unscrew oil filter..

Takes an hour or so for the 2.7, I've let it sit overnight before.. then new filter with new o rings for oil filter assembly..

Really easy. Look it up on you tube. You'll thank yourself later

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do my own oil changes, and have a word doc that mimics the dealer work order (vehicle info, work performed, parts used, date, etc.).

Save that file along with receipts for oil/filter and upload to FordPass to record that I did the service.
I didn't know you could do that with FordPass, thanks.

I always do my own because I want to be sure it's done right, and I want to choose my oil. Plus it's a lot quicker than driving somewhere and having it done on their schedule.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m about 3400 miles in, with 32% oil life remaining on factory oil according to app. 2 Ford dealers in my town and neither particularly impress me. Any advantage to dealer changing your oil over a Quick Lube type place? Can the latter reset the oil life thing or how does that work?

Pardon the newbie question.
Ford Dealership with the "works oil change package" includes rotating tires and all you need. Easy and not much of a cost plus you can use your points.

ブロンコ

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 | Black Diamond | 35-Inch M/T | 2-Door | 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will the dealership only service the vehicle around 7-10K miles? Or will they do it when you want to? I would like to take mine in when it hits 3K miles and then every 5K from then on.

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will the dealership only service the vehicle around 7-10K miles? Or will they do it when you want to? I would like to take mine in when it hits 3K miles and then every 5K from then on.
Johnny Overkill

going by the factory intervals in this day and age is completely fine. Don’t waste your money.
10k on Bronco
7k on my F250 gasser
10k on my daughters VW (rip jetta)
9k on my wife's BMW.
I use factory oil and filter on each.

wiingnut

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F-350 , '19 Mustang GT , '22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer. That way there is always a record of it.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Waste of 💰

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drive an hour to the dealership, or 4 minutes to the independent Tire Shop around the corner.

Easy choice.

I stopped changing my own oil years ago. For the cost of the oil and filter, a local shop is normally cheaper, and I don't have the wife yelling at me about jugs of used oil in the garage.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I personally rotate my tires every other oil change. But every oil change is also fine. And yeah... 5-tire rotation is key for vehicles that have a full-sized spare. Effectively gives you an extra 20% tire life out of your tires.
Only if you drive enough to wear out the tread. I usually have to change tires because they are dangerously old and cracking before I hit the wear bars.

More so on the wife's vehicles than mine, but I easily had half the tread left on the Coopers I had on the Wife's Expedition, and they were 7 years old and starting to crack from the sun.

And we never bothered to rotate in the spare (full size, but non-matching rim)

Sponsored

ブロンコ

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Johnny Overkill

going by the factory intervals in this day and age is completely fine. Don’t waste your money.
10k on Bronco
7k on my F250 gasser
10k on my daughters VW (rip jetta)
9k on my wife's BMW.
I use factory oil and filter on each.
That’s crazy. I’ve never heard anyone recommend waiting for 10K on a turbo. Anyways that’s not what I was asking.

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do my own oil changes in spring and fall like clockwork. Usually end up at 5-7k miles between oil changes. I do it myself because I repurpose the oil. Yearly wipe down of outdoor equipment (lawn mowers and log splitters) as a rust prevention, as well as using it for chainsaw bar oil.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s crazy. I’ve never heard anyone recommend waiting for 10K on a turbo. Anyways that’s not what I was asking.
You were asking will the dealer only do it at 7-10k, or will they do it at 5k. Correct? I said it was overkill and going by factory intervals is fine. Three of those vehicles I posted are turbo, if you know more than the manufacturer with regards to service intervals, by all means spend your money. All this “omg i have a turbo” talk is no different. Technology is great. These vehicles can handle it. And so can the oil.
And on another turbo related note. Most of everyone if not Everyone here won’t ever come close to driving their “turbo” vehicles hard enough to have to worry about cooling their turbos down after a drive or having shorter oil change intervals. This is not a thing anymore. Change it at factory specs and don’t be too technical with things you don’t understand.

ブロンコ

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You were asking will the dealer only do it at 7-10k, or will they do it at 5k. Correct? I said it was overkill and going by factory intervals is fine. Three of those vehicles I posted are turbo, if you know more than the manufacturer with regards to service intervals, by all means spend your money. All this “omg i have a turbo” talk is no different. Technology is great. These vehicles can handle it. And so can the oil.
And on another turbo related note. Most of everyone if not Everyone here won’t ever come close to driving their “turbo” vehicles hard enough to have to worry about cooling their turbos down after a drive or having shorter oil change intervals. This is not a thing anymore. Change it at factory specs and don’t be too technical with things you don’t understand.
I don’t understand it, which is why I’ve listened to what others have to say. Most people have said 5-7K is the sweet spot with 5K being on the cautious side. I’m fine with being on the cautious side since vehicles are so important to day to day life.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do my own oil changes in spring and fall like clockwork. Usually end up at 5-7k miles between oil changes. I do it myself because I repurpose the oil. Yearly wipe down of outdoor equipment (lawn mowers and log splitters) as a rust prevention, as well as using it for chainsaw bar oil.
We used our used oil to coat the wood fence, the cheap ass one that came with the home and ours outlasted all of the neighbor's fences. It's an easy way to dispose/repurposed old oil and get something for free.

It also gave the wood a dark stain, while the others were bleaching out and cracking in the sun.
Sponsored