Sponsored

Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford?

Which is the worst?

• Total voters

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which indeed makes it a PR disaster! Truth doesn't matter in those, only perceptions....was the Corvair inherently dangerous? How about the Chevy pickups with side tanks? And Firestone took the beating over the Exploder's bad physics as someone put it earlier.
Except the data wasn't available at the time to use to refute the BS claims.
Sponsored

Fubar94

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Escape, 1966 Cobra MkIV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
120,000 Bronco orders taken with the belief that Ford would be able to deliver the vehicles. I have not gotten any update information from Ford that gives me a true sense of when I may get the car I reserved a year ago! I built a house in less time. I am running on borrowed time as my current car is starting to fail and I need to replace. It would be great if Ford would put one of their 100's of VPs who do nothing all day but sit in meetings, to take charge of communications to the 120,000 order holders and let us know the "real" story and not what someone's local dealer told them.

Dealers are like politicians, they all lie!

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
*Announcing that the Worldwide reveal would be on July 9 2020 and then chickening out and doing it the next week on July 13.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*Announcing that the Worldwide reveal would be on July 9 2020 and then chickening out and doing it the next week on July 13.
This should have been our first clue as to the way things would be in the future .😮

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey! What about the Wrongful deaths class action lawsuit against Ford for the Bronco II? Surely it deserves a (dis)honorable mention, no?

Ford Bronco Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford? 1626119797557

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you guys are too young…..

Biggest PR disaster = Pinto exploding cars
This poll, and the results, is ridiculous. LOL

which is worse: the hard top on my Bronco not being delivered on time OR my cars design and the manufacturer cover up might cause death.

Apparently people forget the Firestone tires on Ford Explorers.

To be brutally honest, there is NO bad PR from Ford related to the Bronco. Ask anybody on the street, nobody will have a f#$&ing clue what you are talking about.

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
1 and 2 to me mean the same thing

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what happened to the promise months back they were going to tell everyone approximately when each of us would get our bronco? that fell on the floor. that would have made everyones lives easier. with some here having there lease up on there current vehicle, others with older vehicles needing repairs. if they would have told some here to wait 1-2 more years before you see your bronco you could better prepare to wait that long or drop your order.

fftfk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will remember the local dealer adding $10k to the price of a vehicle I ordered a year ago.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This poll, and the results, is ridiculous. LOL

which is worse: the hard top on my Bronco not being delivered on time OR my cars design and the manufacturer cover up might cause death.

Apparently people forget the Firestone tires on Ford Explorers.

To be brutally honest, there is NO bad PR from Ford related to the Bronco. Ask anybody on the street, nobody will have a f#$&ing clue what you are talking about.
So all cars can be designed not to cause a death of one of its occupants? Lol.

Reality check. Really, you think driving around in a roofless, doorless, MY 2021 4x4 is more safe than riding in a Pinto in 1973?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford recommended 26PSIG on the Explorer tires, that, in my opinion, was the proximate cause of the tire failure. Firestone took the heat, but Ford spun it well enough to deflect some of the blame, perhaps it is more an example of successful PR

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford has PR disasters on this board....they don't have a PR disaster...they have a vehicle launch in a time where the public accepts that all delays are due to COVID related supply chain issues, whether true or not....thus, no problem for Ford with this whatsoever. My bet is that this will be looked back on as an amazingly successful launch...and all of the issues will be forgotten....Ford will be sitting pretty on the other end of this one.
Dude, you are so correct, you are judged on what you can control and how well you adapt to what you can not control!! A plus so far for for Ford team! I know everyone wants their Bronco, bitching and embarrassing people online won't bring it here any quicker. Tom Petty is what they need to listen to...."waiting is the hardest part"!! especially, because every single one of us know, it is a great looking truck. Just remember when you are super successful at something and because people can't get it quick enough beyond control of you. They should criticize you for screwing everything up..that is the comparison. The whole lack of communication is laughable, this and other forums are filled with the answers, if you care to read any threads other than the ones complaining about things. Again, I really understand we all want our bronco yesterday.

I now understand the term "victim of your own success" , I didn't believe in that until now.. you are so successful, you can not meet the demand..
Sponsored

Last edited: