Sponsored

Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford?

Which is the worst?

• Total voters

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well at least we can all tell this is not any part of Bronco nation this tread would have been stopped in less than 5 minutes after it started never to be seen again 🤣. Something about the truth scares some people.
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
“Bad PR” is not the same as “angering hyper-aware and somewhat-obsessed 6g forum members”
Yeah, we apparently don't know what PR disasters really are. The majority of the public doesn't know the difference between the Bronco and the Sport. How can there be a fiasco of any consequence to anybody but us over-studied types?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was likely before my time here, but what is this “spat between B6G and BN”? Very curious.

Was this like Peter Griffen vs. The Chicken kind of spat?
BN (which doesn't have a lot of love here from the members) got upset "apparently" over some perceived slight in giving them credit for photos or videos copied over. CEASE AND DESIST from legal beagles....which flamed up the community big time, and as it turns out, BN was the one actually copying without attribution. They may have had some other group in their sights and 6g just got included for good measure. But it's not done much to make love between 6g and BN, even tho' they're good folks. (They do have this odd fondness for flannel shirts.)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BN (which doesn't have a lot of love here from the members) got upset "apparently" over some perceived slight in giving them credit for photos or videos copied over. CEASE AND DESIST from legal beagles....which flamed up the community big time, and as it turns out, BN was the one actually copying without attribution. They may have had some other group in their sights and 6g just got included for good measure. But it's not done much to make love between 6g and BN, even tho' they're good folks. (They do have this odd fondness for flannel shirts.)
Understood - Thanks for clarifying!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously, you folks never actually read factual data. The Pinto had the same fatality rate as all other sub compact cars during that time.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you guys are too young…..

Biggest PR disaster = Pinto exploding cars
Sorry, but if anyone thinks this, they are uneducated on the subject. The Pinto was found to be more safe than all of its contemporaries, Datsun, Toyota, Honda, and GM. In fact, statistically the Pinto was as safe as the larger models in Ford's line up at the time.

The PR issue was solely the impetus of Ralph Nader and him establishing the Center for Auto Safety. Nader got the Government on his side. It was not possible for Ford to fight the Government. The same Government who came crawling to Henry to build tanks, jeeps, and airplanes for the war effort.

Rant over. Pet peeve of a 4-time Pinto owner. :ROFLMAO:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not just that they exploded, but that they calculated the cost of fixing the problem vs the cost of killing people and they went with killing people because it was cheaper than fixing the car.
Lol. Every manufacturer of anything does this, even to this day.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Better actually.
Which indeed makes it a PR disaster! Truth doesn't matter in those, only perceptions....was the Corvair inherently dangerous? How about the Chevy pickups with side tanks? And Firestone took the beating over the Exploder's bad physics as someone put it earlier.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I voted from a B6G perspective, but others are right, that this launch isn't a PR disaster from a public perspective; yet. They can still turn it around. But there are probably 22k members here. Probably about 30% are actually active. So that's 6600 people out of 150k reservations that have been disappointed 4-5% of just reservations; not even counting that the rest of the public while interested in the Bronco haven't even reserved one.
Good point. .....Still stings

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
These launch hiccups have nothing on the Explorer rollovers and Pinto life/value calculations. (IMO there was nothing wrong with either product, it's how it was handled. The Pinto was no more explody than anything else of the era, and Explorers were just behaving as physics said they should and should have been operated accordingly)

Also an honorable mention for Henry's Nazi ties, only lower on the list because it doesn't get talked about much.
LOL now that’s a tagline for their next vehicle: “Ford: No more explody than the competition.”

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which indeed makes it a PR disaster! Truth doesn't matter in those, only perceptions....was the Corvair inherently dangerous? How about the Chevy pickups with side tanks? And Firestone took the beating over the Exploder's bad physics as someone put it earlier.
Let's not forget Dateline rigging model rocket motors to ignite fuel in their staged side impact accidents.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its by far the fact that timestamps mean nothing as I have a low number on the FE list and I am sure I was pretty low overall list. Then I see people out buying ADM bronco FE that somehow the dealer got in. Lets not forget the "priority" orders that dealers got for no reason. I have had a lot of ford products.

1989 Mustang GT
1997 Mustang Cobra
2004 Terminator
2012 F150
2013 F150
2 Focus 1 an ST and 1 a platinum
2019 F250

And then this bronco if I ever get it.

Probably going to be my last Ford for a while. I bought a 2020 Ram 1500 and have put 54K trouble free miles on it and really cant complain with anything related to the new Ram. Way better truck inside than my 2019 F250.

So they got me this time but I think its going to be their last time getting my money for a while.
You put 54,000 miles on a 2020 Ram 1500?! Did you drive to the Middle East?
Sponsored