Sponsored

Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford?

Which is the worst?

• Total voters

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pick up to 3.

For me, it's the dealers getting units to sell, however they got them, while many of you sit and watch and wonder what year you'll have one.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is the hardtop
Too me it’s the signature piece of the bronco and their key supplier is letting them down and therefore affecting us the consumer...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In order,

1.Hardtop fiasco. This is far and away the worst debacle. It is flat out embarassing. I can see initially saying something might be late 21. then they get pushed to 2022 and now they say model year 23. It just a total cluster F***

2. Reservations
3.Not communicating.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
“Bad PR” is not the same as “angering hyper-aware and somewhat-obsessed 6g forum members”

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
their key supplier is letting them down and therefore affecting us the consumer...
As the old saying goes, 'takes two to tango'....we have no way of knowing what that Webasto contract says, nor how much lead time its execution provided. Ford is aggressively throwing Webasto under the bus...though to be honest I don't know squat about Webasto, but I know Ford has shit in their messgear quite a bit last few years.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the old saying goes, 'takes two to tango'....we have no way of knowing what that Webasto contract says, nor how much lead time its execution provided. Ford is aggressively throwing Webasto under the bus...though to be honest I don't know squat about Webasto, but I know Ford has shit in their messgear quite a bit last few years.
I I tend to agree with your sentiment but there seems to be a quality issue with the hard tops, this seems to be the case more now over a resin or parts supply issue and to me that directly reflects on Webasto.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

you guys are too young…..

Biggest PR disaster = Pinto exploding cars
Not just that they exploded, but that they calculated the cost of fixing the problem vs the cost of killing people and they went with killing people because it was cheaper than fixing the car.

Sponsored

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of these are petty or just flat out wrong. Ford rolled out the bronco in the middle of a global pandemic and began delivering Broncos only a few months off their original projections while other models/makes are being held up by chip shortages. The Off-roadeo is awesome and the vehicle is meeting or exceeding expectations. None of this is a PR "disaster" for anyone outside of the whiners on this forum. In a year no one is going to remember these "disasters."

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard top fiasco - far and away. Although, there is a certain element to all of this where we need to give some concession. Their reservation style roll-out made it so we became involved during very early stages and watched how the sausage was made...through a pandemic...and supply chain issues...

If they sold the Bronco regular way, and we knew very little from the onset, besides the occasional news briefing circling what quarter the Bronco would start being delivered to dealers for sale, then it would be a VERY different experience for us. We would be a heck of a lot less stressed in that scenario, and would also need to pay ADM. But you could certainly make the argument that if Ford wants to do this reservation style roll out they need to be prepared for more PR involvement.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would say none of these are a PR disaster. Ford is doing just fine.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

None of these are a PR nightmare. Think about it. 99.9% of the population do not know anything about the Bronco or any of it's release issues. They are an issue amongst enthusiasts, but that is a small percentage of the customer base. I don't want much TV but I have yet to see a real Bronco ad. I have seen several for the Sport but nothing for the Bronco. I don't see these issues hurting Ford at all.