Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Jeep guys at work swear up and down the Sport is the Bronco and that the big Bronco is vaporware
Sponsored

95CobraR

Outer Banks
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra R, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just like they guys on the Mustang6g forum bitching about the Mustang Mach E is not a Mustang. Ford says it's a Mustang, so guess what, it's a Mustang.
I am not sure why you match a Mustang GT350 with a Mustang-E?

Money is no problem. I want a fully loaded Bronco (I looked at two) with the new bigger engine.

This virus thing along with the shortage of the computer chips has slowed the Bronco delivery. No problem as I was backed up 6 months on my Ford GT350 on a steering wheel shortage.

I'd always rather wait and get the right one. I hope to get it this summer/fall.

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am not sure why you match a Mustang GT350 with a Mustang-E?

Money is no problem. I want a fully loaded Bronco (I looked at two) with the new bigger engine.

This virus thing along with the shortage of the computer chips has slowed the Bronco delivery. No problem as I was backed up 6 months on my Ford GT350 on a steering wheel shortage.

I'd always rather wait and get the right one. I hope to get it this summer/fall.
Because they are both Mustangs according to the company who makes them. I am comparing the bitching is like the Bronco vs the Bronco Sport bitching, kind of. The 350 is an awesome ride. I loved mine. Maybe love my 500 a bit more.
Had I not bought a 2019 Ranger 4x4, I would be looking hard at the Bronco 2 door. I may get a wild hair next year and trade up to a Bronco, but I have so many upgrades on the Ranger that I won't get a return on. I did keep all of the factory parts so I could put them back on and sell the aftermarket mods but it would be a lot less than what I paid for them.

My GT500 will smoke the tires. LOL. It also runs a 10.82 completely stock in the 1/4 mile.

Ford Bronco Who else is dealing with this? burnout

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think people are looking at this the wrong way. People in your life know that you care about the Bronco and they are excited to share with you when they see one. That is pretty cool even if they get the details on your preferred Bronco wrong.

Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have had to explain to my sister-in-law twice now that the one she just saw is not the Bronco I'm getting. Both times she has said "well good, I don't know why you would want to trade your Wrangler away for that". Keep in mind she drives a Renegade and calls it a Jeep.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As many times as I had to explain concepts and renders to people over the last 17 years I'm good... at least this is a real on the road vehicle with Bronco all over it.

I do wish they'd went with just about anything but "sport" since that's usually a trim. Bronco Mini, Bronco II, Stampede, Mule, Kid, Billy, i mean anything

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am finally getting around to converting my reservation this week. My dealer sent me an email with a link to the B&P and instructions on how to save it as a pdf to send to him.

The link was for the Sport. I feel confident that the order will be entered correctly already.
I plan to employ trust but verify.
I'm not surprised. This is the problem, since last summer dealers have been totally confusing the issue, crossing ordering windows, dates, and information about the two distinctly separate vehicles. Its either total incompetence or outright misinformation by design. It blows my mind that you get better service buying a pair of shoes.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two things I have learned in this thread:

1) people talk about their new Bronco way more than I do. I have told about two people about my new car, for no other reason than I just don't talk about my purchases with people (random internet people not included).

2) people care way more about this issue than I do. This "bronco, baby bronco, bronco Sport..." is going to rattle some cages for a while, usurping the OJ White Bronco comments people assumed would come.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
my wife called me all excited when she saw a "Bronco" in front of our dealer. I actually had to take her inside and have a salesman explain the difference. She wouldn't believe me

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why the complaining? The Sport is a legit Bronco made by Ford, it's out now, and it's actually pretty awesome minus all of the recalls, but I'm sure we'll have our share of those too. :)

It's not a d__K measuring contest. Even once all of you guys get your "big" Broncos, you'll still be coming up short in that department.

At least that's what your wife told me! Ha ha! :ROFLMAO:
Well that escalated quickly

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had it AGAIN last night with my buddy. "You keep saying you're not getting your Bronco until this summer but I keep seeing adds on TV". No Tom, those are Bronco Sport adds. Then I get the confused look. "What's the difference"? I tell him to imagine an F150 next to his KIA, then the lights start going on.

Then I got the, Chevy released a new Blazer, you should just get one of those, they are cool". Once again out comes the phone for the picture. "Oh wow, those are hideous". ARRRRGGGGGGG

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has certainly created a lot of confusion with their naming scheme. Lots of people think the Bronco is already out. A family member called and wanted to know why I would even order one of the Bronco's after he saw a Sport on the road.
Sponsored