Sponsored

who really wanted a hardtop and settled for the soft top?

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm happy I held out for a hardtop (and the tow package) as I just got a call from my dealer confirming a 4/18 build week. Only time will tell how well the hardtop 2.0's are built. All of us hardtop owners might be in the market for a new hardtop once the factory warranty is up.
Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else...

Has anyone tried to order a hard top as an accessory via dealer?

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After owning my soft top through this winter, I’m thinking this thread title needs to be changed to Who settled for a hard top.
^This.

We don't have our Bronco yet, but I've owned five Wranglers...each with the "dual-top" group. Each iteration had a better soft-top where I found myself saying: "Next Jeep, soft-top only." And now I am finally taking my advice. I'll also welcome the extra garage space that a hard top occupies during the warm-weather months.

And yes, I hate the bacon strip side windows. I plan to cure that... by removing them. But then again, Bacon is Life.

Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I opted for a soft top since my color was 2021 only. Love the soft top and am on the list for an Advanced Fiberglass Modular top this fall.

Rrfisher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else...

Has anyone tried to order a hard top as an accessory via dealer?
I tried twice, before and after my Bronco arrived. They wouldn't put in an order either time.

Sponsored

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My stubbornness has pushed me out of 21 build to 22 now I could get kicked to 23 for wanting a hard top and tow package 😂

I am building a🦄

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I opted for the rag top so I had a chance to get my Bronco sometime this decade. I originally wanted the modular top but no way am I waiting another year plus. After driving two mannequins with the soft top I was actually surprised that the road noise was not that bad. Having owned three 70’s era CJ5’s and a 94 Wrangler the Bronco was quiet in comparison. I will still get a mod top eventually.

21Area51BaDsas

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I deleted my hardtop back in September and got by build date a week later. The soft top has been good. Not too noisy. Still thinking I will buy as an accessory if it’s not $5k like Advanced Fiberglass. I’m sure I won’t care once the warm weather hits!
Ford Bronco who really wanted a hardtop and settled for the soft top? E00DD03F-9176-4643-89C7-8EC702C6D460

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering that it hardly ever rains here in Northern CA - I am not too worried about water intrusion. I'm more concerned about thermal insulation, especially on our hot summer days. It doesn't get real cold here either, so I'm not too worried about the cold. Of course, now that I've modified my order to have the soft top instead of MIC, they're not doing any scheduling LOL

tiffanniwi

Badlands
First Name
Tiff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BadSquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We switched from hard to soft top and I’m glad we did. It’s probably louder but it so easy to flip back and put back on. I doubt I’d have the top off much if I had the hard top. We switched from the factory soft top to a Bestop fastback style soft top. Love my Bronco!!!

D85F4953-4450-4891-8DA3-9EB440814C91.jpeg

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm happy I held out for a hardtop (and the tow package) as I just got a call from my dealer confirming a 4/18 build week. Only time will tell how well the hardtop 2.0's are built. All of us hardtop owners might be in the market for a new hardtop once the factory warranty is up.
It's been well documented that the "V2" has it's own issues. One polarizing issue being the mismatched colors of the panels. IMO no roof should be 3 different shades of grey on a 40k dollar+ vehicle 🤷🏻‍♂️

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2021 order was for the dual tops option but begrudgingly switched to 22 soft top.
I had the dual tops on my 18 Wrangler JLU and loved it due to the change of climate/seasons where we live.
I'm glad to have my Badlands but definitely would have preferred to have both tops. Oh well.

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm up in Canada and a soft top isn't really a good option for our winters. Waiting for a 2-door hard top. Only ordered in December so I'll likely either get it in the fall or be bumped into MY23. Irritated but I have no car payments so fine with me.

SurfBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Ram 1500, 1958 Chevy 3200
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i'm from south Texas but I'm concerned about theft...which is why i want a hardtop. I'm tired of waiting too I just gave a down payment on a jeep wrangler & a 4runner. I like them both & both are in transit. I'll probably buy the first one to arrive to San Antonio...
Yea, I can understand that. We live on North Padre so there is a ton of vehicles with no tops and doors pretty much wherever we go. We also have a 5 year old and 2 year old who cry they want the top off, then five minutes later cry that they want it back on lol.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live in Sacramento CA, where summers can get quite hot (115 or so) for a couple weeks during the summer, and then typically in the low 100's for the rest of the summer.
Uh, no it isn’t that hot in Sacramento.

Jason
Sponsored