First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as I want my Bronco all of these extra delays are getting annoying. I had the pleasure of being able to drive one at the Bronco off-roadeo and absolutely loved it. The problem is the more I see the Jeep 4xe reviews make me want that over the Bronco at times. Getting 25 electric charge which is all I drive daily anyways is perfect.

The longer Ford waits the more obsolete it will become to Jeep as Jeep continues to improve with now new competition. I know a lot of people here donā€™t want to hear that but itā€™s the truth. Heck they donā€™t even have a PHEV model yet and thatā€™s one of Jeepā€™s best seller at this time.
I drove the 4xe last week and while it's great with a charge (wife loved the coolness factor of the tech) as soon as the battery runs out (27 miles) you're now hauling a 5300lb rig with a 2liter engine. The decent mpgs and zippy feeling are long gone when the battery runs out. I averaged 20mpgs in hybrid so I can only imagine gas engine only. I would much rather have the non electrified rubicon 2.0 than the 4xe in reality. While it's charged though it is cool.
Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's all fine as far as I am concerned. I have a day one reservation BUT it is a 4 door Wildtrak with lux/leather/hitch etc so I know it'll be a 22 model (due to the roof, if nothing else) . . . but the way I have looked at this from the beginning is that the longer it takes to get here the more $$$ I will have salted away for the the down payment. I paid off my 17 Raptor a few months ago and plan to only use that a few times a month once the Bronco comes but - for now - I'll still be stacking up the miles and patiently waiting.

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious as to how many of you are considering moving on from the Bronco?

Not going to lie I don't want to cancel my order but the more I see what's going on with quality issues and the delay getting worse I might walk soon.

Ive been without a vehicle for over 1 year now waiting for this. I really thought I'd have it by now or at least early Fall. It's now looking like we'll deep into 2022 and beyond. I'm a July 29th 2020 reservation.

I built a reserved a 2 door Basequatch in Velocity Blue.

I don't know if it's just because I'm going crazy or what but I've been looking hard into Jeeps. There's a lot I like about the Bronco better but there are some things about the Jeep I like better. And I have a feeling for 2022 Jeep will make some updates and offer more goodies to compete with Ford. I guess we'll see soon. One major thing I like better is the better color options. I really like Sarge Green. I also like Nacho and Gecko.

Like I said I don't want to cancel my order but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I might just say screw it and order me a 2022 2 door Jeep Willys. Seems like a nice little package. And I do like the way Jeep has more of a military look especially with the 2 door with Sarge Green.

I don't know. Am I crazy? Anyone else feeling this way? I know there's a lot of die hards here but this is crazy.
No, youā€™re not crazy. If you want a 2 door Jeep, nothing wrong with that. My wife has a 4 door Sahara in Mojito and we constantly get compliments on the cool color.
But the Jeep is rather meh in the power train. Decent engine but terrible transmission programming. Lots of weird stuttering in the 25-35 mph range that the dealer says totally normal. Otherwise itā€™s a nice vehicle.
My Bronco is a two door Race Red Outer Banks. Totally just a fun car, completely unnecessary. I pushed it to a ā€˜22 model when I ordered it cause I didnā€™t want any first year issues lol. So for me, I donā€™t care when mine shows up. Probably be mid-late summer ā€˜22 Iā€™m guessing.
But yeah if you are without a vehicle and need one, nothing wrong with the Jeep.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I couldn't take it any more. I have wanted a bronco since I sold my last one. Day one reservation and my wife knew how excited I was by it...on 6g all the time, watching YouTube videos, talking about it all the time, etc. So many let downs along the way that it seemed to be more pain than joy over time and kind of an embarrassment. I sold my bronco (once it gets out of quarantine) and I am so relieved. I am excited to get a new jeep and leave this mess behind me. Still need to get the bronco to deliver to the new buyer so pain isn't totally over yet which is what brings me here. Definitely not the same level of stress and frustration though. Buying a new car does not need to be torture....

On eBay, there is an active market. I am buddy's with the buyer now because I am basically his dealer so he calls me every day. I have been waiting a year plus and 37 days in quarantine and for him a week is rough!
Waiting for a Bronco for personal use is not stressful.

Acting as a dealer/middleman and waiting for a Bronco I sold but don't yet have, with a buyer calling me daily...that would be more stressful.

Seems like you jumped from the pan into the fire my man.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as I want my Bronco all of these extra delays are getting annoying. I had the pleasure of being able to drive one at the Bronco off-roadeo and absolutely loved it. The problem is the more I see the Jeep 4xe reviews make me want that over the Bronco at times. Getting 25 electric charge which is all I drive daily anyways is perfect.

The longer Ford waits the more obsolete it will become to Jeep as Jeep continues to improve with now new competition. I know a lot of people here donā€™t want to hear that but itā€™s the truth. Heck they donā€™t even have a PHEV model yet and thatā€™s one of Jeepā€™s best seller at this time.
Make sure you read the fine print.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRLyaSYK/

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was ready to tap out and called my dealer two days ago. Yesterday he got back to me and said my order has been serialized but can't guarantee delivery this year of course. But I think my chances of getting mine by year end just got a whole ton better plus I can't back out of my order now without losing my deposit. :)

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Jeep upgraded their interiors a bit or Toyota had a brain and updated the 4runner interiors the Bronco would be doa
Mmmm, disagree there. Almost nobody had even seen a Bronco much less sat in and played with the interior before reserving and ordering them by the thousands and thousands and thousands. Only Ford can kill the Bronco, certainly not Jeep or Toyota.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it makes you feel any better, I got my bronco and granted I like it, I dont LOVE it. It just feels like a square ranger with a stick shift. It honestly feels kind of flimsy if you ask me. The whole thing shakes and rattles over bumps. I don't regret getting it but I also don't think the excitement is 100% justified.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It just feels like a square ranger with a stick shift
Can't blame you for not being stoked if you were expecting something more, but from my perspective if they made a 4x4 manual ranger supercab 101a that looked as good as the bronco, had an updated interior and cost 29,995, they'd probably sell a lot more. As it stands the ranger is plain looking outside, not a nice place to sit inside, cant be had in manual and costs 2k more.

Sponsored

OldManBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ. ordered new bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Not going to lie I don't want to cancel my order but the more I see what's going on with quality issues and the delay getting worse I might walk soon.

Ive been without a vehicle for over 1 year now waiting for this. I really thought I'd have it by now or at least early Fall. It's now looking like we'll deep into 2022 and beyond. I'm a July 29th 2020 reservation.

I don't know if it's just because I'm going crazy or what but I've been looking hard into Jeeps. There's a lot I like about the Bronco better but there are some things about the Jeep I like better. And I have a feeling for 2022 Jeep will make some updates and offer more goodies to compete with Ford. I guess we'll see soon. One major thing I like better is the better color options. I really like Sarge Green. I also like Nacho and Gecko.

Like I said I don't want to cancel my order but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I might just say screw it and order me a 2022 2 door Jeep Willys. Seems like a nice little package. And I do like the way Jeep has more of a military look especially with the 2 door with Sarge Green.

I don't know. Am I crazy? Anyone else feeling this way? I know there's a lot of die hards here but this is crazy.
I know how you feel. In fact I ordered a wrangler 392 back when the Bronco problems started. I finally gave in and changed to a 4 door soft top. I haven't cancelled yet but this is just ridiculous at this point.. I'm ordering something a don't really want..... yea you know what? thanks. I'm throwing in the towel. Update...... The 392 is awesome! After sitting in the Bronco, I was disappointed in the interior. going to wait a couple of years and then take another look at the Ford.

Last edited:

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In order for me to tap out I would first have to tap in. When there is a reason to do it, I will.

Utahbronco51

Base
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base

Going to look at Wranglers tomorrow. Mostly just pissed at Ford. The other thing is I have had several Wranglers in the past with no real issues. This is turning into a real nightmare and makes me wonder if it is just the beginning of more problems to come.

Wineguy

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Base, VW Alltrack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reality is setting in for me, and i may give up on the 2dr base i have reserved. The poor tow capacity (couldn't pull a sick whore out of bed) and no snow plow capability are starting to sink in. As a small business owner, i have to keep my lot clean in the winter and my '01 F Two Fiddy isn't getting any younger. My trailer i use to haul lawn equipment to said business doesn't weigh much, but I'm sure i would have more use for another 3/4 ton 4x4. So much for my midlife crisis mobile!