Why Base is best

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm really leaning towards the base now. I really only want remote start & heated seats, but it isn't worth it to me to pay almost $6000 more to jump up to a Big Bend and add the mid package. If remote start is available for all models via FordPass then I might just go base and add some third party seat heaters from Amazon for like $100. Might even jump up to the V6 with the money I'd save.
Sponsored

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is a place in PA called Rausch Creek that you can go off-roading. But it is a 3 hour drive from me. Not very practical for frequent fun. It has to be a planned in advance trip since you have to make reservations.
I live 1.5 hours away. Is it a good place to fool around in a 15 year 200k mile old honda pilot. Do you need buddies to be allowed on the trails? What happens if the car dies or gets stuck?

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
One question bouncing around in my head; do the lack of G.O.A.T. modes compared to the BD really mean that much to me?
I've never done much off-roading in the past, but have recently caught the bug, so I'm not going to hesitate taking it to the local off road park. I'll be mostly trail riding, and maybe some rock crawling, will the G.O.A.T. modes make that big of a difference?
I think I can get by without them. Just engage/disengage traction control, drive mode, lockers as I please.

OP
OP

Indiana1234

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
One purchase for me, buy once cry once, enjoy into retirement.
I want the high def instrument panel graphics, I want the large screen, I want the MCV seats. I want those things so I also get the signature lights and disco. Badlands for me and I hope the expensive Broncos are built earlier than,,,, well you know.
Thats what the gt500 is for

Sponsored

UncleBud

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Trailboss 1973 bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd like to to know if they're going to have bumper extensions for the front or a whole new bumper setup for the sasquatch package. I'm definitely wanting a basesquatch but man those fender flares have got to go lmao.

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve gone back and forth. I’ve been BD non-squatch with some minor accessory upgrades since B&P was released. But the last couple days I’ve moved to a Base Squatch with the same upgrades for cheaper than what my BD build was. The Base Squatch is an insane deal. I’m more of a basic camper looking to get into some overlanding and simple off-roading. Can I do that with the BD non-squatch? Yeah, but Jesus the Squatch just looks so much better. Will I use it to its full potential? Rarely. But for the price, the Base Squatch is hard to pass up.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

bmhayes

Base
First Name
BRIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base squatch looks like a great deal.
Building Base with only sasquatch it comes to 35,785, not bad for such a great off road beast.
Not sure why the B&P charges 5,790 for the 4,995 sasquatch package addition?
Is that because it automatically adds the automatic transmission and automatic 4x4?
Fingers crossed that when the mansquatch is available the additional 795 is gone.
Under 35,000 for all that!
How sweet would that be?

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd like to to know if they're going to have bumper extensions for the front or a whole new bumper setup for the sasquatch package. I'm definitely wanting a basesquatch but man those fender flares have got to go lmao.
They have extensions.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can download the Fordpass app on your phone, and connect it to your car by putting in you vin # and whatnot. Once your car and phone are connected you can do all sorts of things with the app, including remote start, lock/unlock, check oil levels, tire pressure, vehicle location etc.

The remote start you pay for with the mid pkg, is on your keyfob. Which is cool, but not a total deal breaker without it because of Fordpass.

To add to that... people don't realize how much is actually included in the Base. Sneaky stuff that you might have to dig to find
The app is nice because if you're like me and second guess if you locked your truck once you're inside a restaurant you can just remotely lock it through the app and distance is not a concern. The basic functions are right on the main page. Plus the ability to set up scheduled starts is a nice feature too.

Ford Bronco Why Base is best Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 3.17.32 PM

I’ve gone back and forth. I’ve been BD non-squatch with some minor accessory upgrades since B&P was released. But the last couple days I’ve moved to a Base Squatch with the same upgrades for cheaper than what my BD build was. The Base Squatch is an insane deal. I’m more of a basic camper looking to get into some overlanding and simple off-roading. Can I do that with the BD non-squatch? Yeah, but Jesus the Squatch just looks so much better. Will I use it to its full potential? Rarely. But for the price, the Base Squatch is hard to pass up.
I'm thinking the same thing now. I thought I was set on a BD non SAS with the mid package and a few other options,I really want the high package though. So just for the heck of it I built a Base with SAS and a few options and I think it looks killer!

My thought now is if I can't get everything I want (High package) with the BD then I might just keep my Ranger for my DD (which is a Lariat fully loaded) and now go Base SAS. I hate the thought of cloth seats here in the dusty desert but with the savings I could still get Katzkins and still be thousands cheaper and have the SAS! With the Granger Ford October discount I'm coming out at $34,066 for the Base SAS opposed to the BD non SAS at $38,828. I'm really glad mine will be a MY22 so I can see these in person next year. Now if Ford decides to add more packages then all bets are off and I'm screwed and right back to square one. ?

Ford Bronco Why Base is best Base SAS

2021 Bronco
BASE
SUMMARY
Print
EXTERIORS4Edit
  • Velocity Blue
    $0
  • 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, Beadlock Capable Wheels
    $0
  • LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires
    $0
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
    $0
  • Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular
    $825
  • Upgraded Front Steel Bash Plates
    $0
  • Brush Guard
    $300
INTERIORS4Edit
  • Black Onyx
    $0
  • Cloth Seats
    $0
  • Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights
    $195
  • Storage Bag - Front Row Top Panels (for On-Vehicle Storage)
    $0
  • SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition and LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability
    $0
  • SYNC®
    $0
  • SiriusXM® With 360L
    $0
POWERTRAINSS4Edit
  • 2.3L EcoBoost® Engine
    $0
  • 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
    $0
  • Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement
    $0
  • Rear Locking Differential
    $0
  • 4.7 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
    $0
PACKAGESS4Edit
  • Standard Package
    $0
  • Sasquatch™ Package
    $4,995
ACCESSORIESS8Edit
Dealer & owner installed accessories do not include installation and may require additional cost at signing. Your dealership will arrange delivery of these accessories to you once the vehicle is available from the factory.
  • Top, Soft Mesh (Bimini) - Throw-In, Two-Door
    $259
Reserve a Bronco
PRICING SUMMARY
  • BASE MSRPS1
    $28,500
  • OPTIONSS4 & ACCESSORIESS8
    + $7,369
  • DESTINATION CHARGESS17
    + $1,495
  • TOTAL MSRPS16
    = $37,364
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICES5
    = $37,364

• MONTHLY PAYMENTS6
    $635

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
cloth interior only, limited color choices, only standard package.
cloth interior only - yeah that's right and its some how one of the best looking interiors
limited color choices - Velocity Blue is the only one you need, its the best color
only standard package - sasquatch is the only package you need, everything else is too 'luxury'

Anyways, I totally understand why some people want more but honestly the most fun I have is driving my '67 firebird with all its creaks and no power anything and a radio that doesn't work. I don't need all the extras. they just don't provide me with joy when I drive.

Im fully on board with the base trim.

Ford Bronco Why Base is best Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 8.56.49 AM

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
cloth interior only - yeah that's right and its some how one of the best looking interiors
limited color choices - Velocity Blue is the only one you need, its the best color
only standard package - sasquatch is the only package you need, everything else is too 'luxury'

Anyways, I totally understand why some people want more but honestly the most fun I have is driving my '67 firebird with all its creaks and no power anything and a radio that doesn't work. I don't need all the extras. they just don't provide me with joy when I drive.

Im fully on board with the base trim.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 8.56.49 AM.png
Cloth interior only - Yeah, it's one of the best looking, oddly enough. Katzkin will have options in the future and there will most likely be seat covers coming.

Limited color choices - Not a bad thing, but a couple more wouldn't have hurt. (I actually like Cyber Yellorange) While Velocity Blue is a good looking color, I'd counter with Rapid Red is just as good, that is until we actually 'see' a non-cgi Bronco in VB and it proves me wrong. :)

Only Standard package - Agreed. Sasquatch is the only package you 'really' need. Creature comforts & luxury options vary from person to person/spouse and intended use of vehicle. In all honestly, it brings a lot to the table for a 'base' model for the price, but just isn't as flashy as the upper trims.

I agree with you about understanding how people want more, especially in the day and age of technology bling. I too don't need all the extras and I grew up in a family that was neck deep in the 60's and 70's muscle cars and such, so the need to modify stuff is in my blood. ?

I'm all in for Base and at this point, Ford would have to offer an addition option or refinement to any of the upper trims, that I'd consider worth the extra money, to change my choice.

Also, imagine if Ford had actually used a Base for it's SEMA showcase vehicle instead of a Badlands. I think it would've had a slightly better impact (personal opinion), especially if they would've had a MGV option, in lets say the concept white & gray teased, and plug & play signature headlights and tail lights. Then ACTUALLY offer those items as some of it's personal Aftermarket parts for sale.
If they would've added those 2 things plus what was all added to the SEMA BL, the whole impact of it's modifiable flexibility could've been a bit greater.
In fact, they could've done 2 SEMA versions with one being the top of the model chain optioned bad boy, the other being it's creative & expressive (and possibly rebellious) twin.
Sponsored