Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To make your bronco different and unique, then put the bronco script,led lights ,and side steps so it looks like all the others.
Sponsored

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dated a neighborhood girl while in college I knew as a child and a broken home caused her to move away.
She became an auto mechanic and this tingled a few of my frayed wires.
She told me she could never understand why people modify cars and trucks from stock for visual, performance or other reasons.
I came home from college and was invited into her house by one of a few friends she had over and found her having sex with one of those friends in the basement.
I never understood why people cheat on their significant others. People are who and what they are. Choose your own adventure.
I feel your pain. I too have a dog that likes to sit in the front seat and I've yet to find an appropriate seat belt for him.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi I have a dumb question. I see a lot of people get new wheels for their Broncos. Why would you go to the expense of doing this?

1) be able to get bigger tires. Ok i understand this

2) visual appeal?

3) any other reasons?

just trying to learn
Thx
I knew I was going the Badlands route from day one. Didn't want to squatch it and don't like the alternate wheels. The stock BL's wheel looked too much like Wrangler wheels (at least in pictures). Now that I have my Bronco, I actually like the stock wheels, they look much better in person! I think for the near future I will keep it stock, but when I do put new wheels on, it will be to personalize it and make it unique.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think most people just want to do something to personalize their Bronco. Wheels are the typical first modification for car, truck suv. I'm choosing what I want in the wheel department right now. The thing I find a little confusing after looking at the stock Squatch wheel is that it is hub centric about 93mm. So I'm wondering do I need to buy hub centric wheels or just go with the bolt pattern and find something I like the looks of? Any feed back?
I am certainly no wheel expert, but I have always went with aftermarket parts that match or are as close to stock specs as possible.
https://www.discounttire.com/learn/hub-centric-vs-lug-centric
https://www.machinedesign.com/faste...ence-between-lugcentric-and-hubcentric-wheels

Last edited:

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think most do it for looks and personalization. Those buying non-SAS of course will do it if they are modding up in size. Iā€™d do it except Iā€™ve driven two SAS and for the first time ever am impressed with stock wheels. Might still replace the tires, but might just run them until itā€™s time for new. If I ever can get my hands on white flares and hardtop and do a vintage look, then Iā€™d do wheels. Wheel rim sizeā€¦generally more street driving, bigger rim, more off-road, smaller rim so you have more rubber for contact when you air down.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Usually for aesthetics. I like the Sasquatch wheels better than probably 95% of the after market wheels I see going on thoughā€¦but to each his own. Sas wheels are a great looking wheel with black trim rings. All of the rest of them except the Balck Diamond and Badlands optional wheel need to be replaced though IMO.
I agree ā˜

OP
OP
murphtron

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thx for the replies everyone. Now I know!

i understand the weight argument too, although few mentioned it. Gotta offset that meaty bumper and winch!

Burtz

Badlands
First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne diesel and 911S cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't have considered changing wheels but then I saw these... However, since I just took delivery of mine and have done PPF and tint I think that I'll get some use from the OEM wheels and tires before/if I make a change. But these do look impressive!
Ford Bronco Why buy new wheels? 66008193758__26815FCF-6B66-47E6-A2F0-85840CA08F91.fullsizerender

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will not change my BD wheels and tires until they wear out lol besides I spent enough $ on; on board air, Go Rino D9 side steps (I have a bad leg), hood deflector, rear gate table, bull bar, recovery equipment. That's enough for now. I will be selling my rock rails and if I get a winch bumper down the road my front mod bumper.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Wildtrak factory wheels will become my winter wheels with studded tires. I will do something different for the daily wheels. Also not a fan of black wheels.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Different looks
different offset for tire clearance / poke
usually less weight than the factory options - good for performance

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm old, I don't like black wheels. I want aluminum wheels that um.......look like aluminum.
Sponsored