Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

lol. Funny you should ask. I have noticed I drive considerably slower in my Bronco. I’ve always been a bit of a lead foot. Always in a hurry to get somewhere. I’ve got a pile of speeding tickets over the years to prove it. But either I’ve crossed some invisible line into old age, or there’s just something pleasant about putting along in my Bronco. It’s kind of my happy place, and when I drive it, I don’t really care to hurry. That and my gas mileage is notably improved if I stay at or a little above the speed limit.
Nailed it! OP- another thing that’ll blow your mind: some Bronco drivers also purposely choose the longer, slower, curvier scenic route to enjoy the journey even more! 😁
Sponsored

IPRoutes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
Maybe they are all new and following the break in procedure strictly by the manual. ;)

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My other cars are the fast cars. Although, on the highway I will open the Bronco up a bit...and watch the oil temp climb.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Broncos are for being seen: you can’t notice my trim side sticker, backlit Bronco letters, or stubby antenna if I zip past you at 90+mph.

But seriously, I have a sports car for driving fast, the bronco is a truck with big tires and suspension, it ain’t made for all that.

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fuel economy falls off a cliff after 60 and I'm too old to be getting tickets. The speed limit does just fine.
Agreed, the Bronco is not a sports car. I have no use to race to the next stop light catching up to that guy who passed me 15 seconds earlier only to come to a full stop, then stomp on it racing to get to the next light. On open road highways with light traffic I will drive 10 or more over the limit, in town, total stupidity. I discovered some time back, getting somewhere one minute or so earlier gives me no pleasure. As for the person who is so excited to get to work as quickly as possible because he loves his job, good for him. I prefer to leave a little early and enjoy my drive, I'm self employed, love my job, but am in no hurry to get to my office. My need for speed is filled when driving my GT350 R.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Tires, fuel and brakes are expensive. Also the Bronco handles well for a SUV on 35’s but stopping distance and body roll in an emergency situation are things you consider when others are on the road.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reached 102mph along I80 in my 2 door Badlands racing an Acura and still had temporary plates. Just had to see what it could do after waiting so long. Now I just cruise. 🚢

ShiftyBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
Because the Bronco attracts smart owners who appreciate their vehicle and know its limitations. Be thankful, this might keep insurance rates down

Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove like a maniac when I was young. I remember hitting 152 on my ZX-11 on a South Carolina back road racing another motorcycle. Those days are behind me now. I don't see a reason to risk my life to save a few minutes while traveling. I rarely go over 85 now, and usually go slower. Sometimes I just cruise at the speed limit (70 mph) on the highway, and when I do, I get passed a lot. And that is absolutely cool. If I wanted to go crazy speeds, I would have bought a sports car.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I drive slow because....
Afraid to break a tie rod.
Worried about cam phasers getting noisy.
Don't want a rattling 7 spd.
Could make cracks in my MIC.
I'm trying to get Android Auto to work with my phone.

🤣🤣🤣

ostmen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s no need to go fast for a good time when you’re driving a Bronco.
Sponsored