Sponsored

Why I changed my order from OB to Badlands! Thanks for Opening my eyes!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a lot of value in the BL trim, but I couldn't bring myself to do the MGV or leather-trimmed vinyl. I most certainly am not going to pay $2k for vinyl seats and I am not going to stick to vinyl in the Texas summer sun with the top down either. Which left me with a three legged OBX with cloth interior as my final decision. In retrospect, I suppose I could have put seat covers on the BL, but the OBX was close enough to what I wanted.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was late to the game with my Badlands reservation. But, after reading everyone's input and opinions on here, I'm still not sure which trim to buy. It will be a daily driver for me. I am not an off-roader. I don't tow anything. I don't haul anything. I think I want a 2 door with the 2.3 and 10A. That powertrain is similar to my 2019 Ranger and has been fine for me. I'm just looking for a vehicle that is fun to drive and has more highway manners than off-road capabilities. I'm am thinking that the Big Bend would be perfect for my use. And, it's almost $10K less than than the Badlands I initially thought I wanted. I need to drive one before I order one.
I actually switches my order to big bend. Like you not a serious off roader, it has pretty much everything my obx build had and comes in more budget friendly

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a lot of value in the BL trim, but I couldn't bring myself to do the MGV or leather-trimmed vinyl. I most certainly am not going to pay $2k for vinyl seats and I am not going to stick to vinyl in the Texas summer sun with the top down either. Which left me with a three legged OBX with cloth interior as my final decision. In retrospect, I suppose I could have put seat covers on the BL, but the OBX was close enough to what I wanted.
There is more to the BD and BL trims than just vinyl seats...you get steel bumpers, rocks rails, washout floors etc. There is a ton of value in both those trims.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is more to the BD and BL trims than just vinyl seats...you get steel bumpers, rocks rails, washout floors etc. There is a ton of value in both those trims.
Ya, I didn't want to get into the weeds, however you made my point more clearly. The BL offers a ton of capability for the person who is serious about off roading. Especially the trails that would benefit most from a front locker and sway bar disconnect.

What I spec'd was more of a poor man's WildTrak. The front differential unlocks at 20 MPH, anyway. I will upgrade the shocks and springs later, but I already got the tires I wanted (I didn't quite want 35's on the 2 door). I think that the 33.5"x12.5" is a good compromise on the 2 door OBX giving some extra clearance, yet not raising the CG excessively.

I know that the off-roading I want to do is more Baja than Rockcrawl. As one person above who spec'd an OBX and has now changed to the BB, seems like he made a thoughtful choice.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might as well go with the Wild Trak at the mid package.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Remember, the vinyl used is not the same stuff from the 80s. Totally different animal.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, I didn't want to get into the weeds, however you made my point more clearly. The BL offers a ton of capability for the person who is serious about off roading. Especially the trails that would benefit most from a front locker and sway bar disconnect.

What I spec'd was more of a poor man's WildTrak. The front differential unlocks at 20 MPH, anyway. I will upgrade the shocks and springs later, but I already got the tires I wanted (I didn't quite want 35's on the 2 door). I think that the 33.5"x12.5" is a good compromise on the 2 door OBX giving some extra clearance, yet not raising the CG excessively.

I know that the off-roading I want to do is more Baja than Rockcrawl. As one person above who spec'd an OBX and has now changed to the BB, seems like he made a thoughtful choice.
33s will be great on a 2 door. A 4 door almost requires 35s or the proportions are off but after seeing a stock 2 door Badlands with 33s any trim 2 door would look awesome with them.
Sponsored