MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dad had a Bronco when I was a kid that I liked. My oldest brother rolled it.

My first vehicle was a 97 Explorer Sport that I have pretty good memories.

So this really called out to me.

I'm surprised with the way Ford recently started reusing old names on vehicles they don't belong on, Mustang Mach E for example. That they didn't call the 4 door the Bronco+II.
x2 The Bronco name should've died in 1977, when they scrapped the whole idea of the little utility vehicle and made it Suburban like.
Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My first vehicle was a 97 Explorer Sport that I have pretty good memories.
PXL_20230614_184558653~2.jpg
My first car was a 96 Explorer Sport and I have so many good memories from it. So many!
Mine was red on black trim, but boy does this picture make my insides scrunch up.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just carry one of these hand held chainsaws in your gear bag...........be through that thing in no time

Ford Bronco Why I prefer to drive a 2-door Image 6-14-23 at 4.47 PM
Yes, they are called a pocket saw and it is standard equipment for me. While a chainsaw or sawzall take no effort, they also take up space and rely on gas/battery power. The pocket saw solves those problems.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I get there are pros and cons to either, BUT the shorter wheelbase is a much larger issue than having to make 3-point turns. There aren't many trails that a 4d can't make turns on or they probably wouldn't get used a lot. I'm used to driving a full-size Bronco through the trees, a 4d B6G is super easy to get around with.

Obviously breakover is better on a 2d but I don't mind a little belly scraping. The longer wheel base gives me an advantage in 9 times out of 10 on obstacles, especially if there is any kind of elevation change where you're climbing ledges.

I stand by my statement, if you're doing any kind of high-difficulty trails, there are going to be a lot more instances where a 4d can go where a 2d can't. If you don't believe me, lets meet at SMORR and I WILL show you. If you can get up Dubble Whammy in a 2d with 37s without winching I'll eat my words and pay for your trip (within reason).
LOL

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it was because of the tight and twisty trails we did a week ago or so. The four door had the hardest time. He needed spotting constantly to keep from damaging his panels. The three two doors had no trouble.
I don't know, with the Sasquatch package, I think you could have just gone over the tree! 😁 (Also, you could have done that in 5-points, or maybe even 3 points. You left a lot of room in front to go further before backing up.) :)

I do love how tight the turn radius is on the two-door. It's fun showing off to the other cars making U-turns. ;)

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first car was a 96 Explorer Sport and I have so many good memories from it. So many!
Mine was red on black trim, but boy does this picture make my insides scrunch up.
Our first 4x4 was a white 1992 Explorer Sport with a 4.0 V6 manual which we picked up new in KY for $18k ($2k under MSRP). I believe it had 160hp, plus that twin I-beam front axle that Ford was so proud of back-in-the-day. The shifter had to have been almost 2 ft. high. Shifted pretty smooth, but it had a bit of a throw. Lot of fun times with that Explorer.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our first 4x4 was a white 1992 Explorer Sport with a 4.0 V6 manual which we picked up new in KY for $18k ($2k under MSRP). I believe it had 160hp, plus that twin I-beam front axle that Ford was so proud of back-in-the-day. The shifter had to have been almost 2 ft. high. Shifted pretty smooth, but it had a bit of a throw. Lot of fun times with that Explorer.
Nice! Was the shifter the same as my parents '94 where it would absolutely smash anything in the cop holder larger than a coke can when you went to second or fourth gear..? 😂 Miss that thing.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You all do some soft wheeling if you can't see my point. I don't just run around gravel roads and call it "off-roading", I actually crawl my Bronco. I'm in an off-road club with like 800 members. I've seen short wheelbase rigs struggle a TON. Anyone with a TJ going to tons is gonna stretch it. We have several old school guys that went LJ with their builds just for that extra wheelbase.

It's simple geometry, if you shorten the hypotenuse (wheelbase) of a right triangle while the height stays the same (height of the ledge), the width of the triangle decreases (distance of rear wheel from the ledge), and the bottom angle increases (angle from rig to the ground).

Yes I understand breakover is worse in the 4d. I find that I can bump over most situations where I hit my belly when I can get my front wheels up. The situations I can't, a 2d is 1000% going to have tipping issues.

AGAIN, If you don't agree I invite you to come out and do this trail with me. If you make it all the way up in a 2-door with 37's I'll pay for your park entry, fuel for the day, and beers at the campsite. The problem isn't the bottom section in this video, it's actually the easier part, it gets worse further up. I would venture to say there is a good chance my Bronco is likely one of only a very few, if not the only Bronco, to EVER make it up Double Whammy. We'll run 4s and 5s all day and see how many times a 4d goes where a 2d can't and vice versa...

Off-Road Recon FAN video at extreme rock climb at SMORR! - YouTube

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know, with the Sasquatch package, I think you could have just gone over the tree! 😁 (Also, you could have done that in 5-points, or maybe even 3 points. You left a lot of room in front to go further before backing up.) :)

I do love how tight the turn radius is on the two-door. It's fun showing off to the other cars making U-turns. ;)

Yep even a Sasquatch package won't clear these roots. :)

On the really tight turns, I was able to use trail turn assist along with the front lockers to pull me around. Two Jeeps were waiting for us to pass and were pretty amazed.
This was trail 102, or the Switchbacks.

Ford Bronco Why I prefer to drive a 2-door evansmap2

Ford Bronco Why I prefer to drive a 2-door 352331749_272139475339410_2015413254090972382_n
Ford Bronco Why I prefer to drive a 2-door 352197076_270153988845690_2108402656310681044_n

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why a 2 door? It's the one my wife wanted for herself! It also looks better.

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yesterday, headed up to the Jackson Peak Lookout above Lowman, ID, there was a tree across the road. With my 2-door, I could get pointed the other way with a simple 7-point turn. With a 4-door I would have been backing down the narrow road for 500 yards to somewhere wide enough to get it turned around. I've done this multiple times when the narrow mountain road doesn't go through for one reason or another. I appreciate that the 2-door Sasquatch is short enough to make sharp turns and leave a bit of room to maneuver on narrow roads.

NICE COMBO, I THINK WE ARE RELATED
Sponsored