Sponsored

Why I'll never run a spare tire delete..

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting, if so it means every time I adjust tire pressure I should drive it first up to 20 mph, then adjust pressure within 30 minutes.
You can just adjust the pressure and then drive it. Once it hits 20 mph, it will update what is shown on the instrument cluster. No need to drive it first before adjusting the pressure.
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took it to the dealer and had it patched. They did it for free since I had less than 300 miles LOL...
My dealer repairs flat tires for free regardless of mileage, or even if I bought the car from them.

Except that the last time I tried it they said they couldn't patch the tire because it was more than 10 years old. I agreed with that and bought a new set of tires from them. ;)

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I like to use the TPMS to adjust the tires to as close to each other as possible ;)

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just rented a Subaru that wouldn't display tire pressure until you got up to speed, so it might be true for that vehicle, But I don't think it is true for our Broncos. I'll test it today, my right front tire has a few extra pounds in it. Right now the app says it has 39 in it (very cold out). I'll let a few lbs out soon, then check it from the app again later and check back here.
Went out and let some air out, checked the app a few minutes later and it is now reporting 38lbs. The other tires seem to have slightly different pressures as well, which could be explained by temperature. Wish I'd have taken a screenshot, but regardless, I have not driven the Bronco in 24 hours and the pressure changed between 2 hours when checking the app, which means 2 things:

1. The sensors do not need to get to 20 MPH to activate
2. When you refresh vehicle information in the Fordpass app, it actually checks the current tire pressure and not the last read from when the vehicle was on, which I have been wondering.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4-way inflation/deflation system ;)
If you go off road much, it is a must-have.

But it still doesn't get the tire pressure exactly the same in all four tires every time, and I can't figure that out. Most of the time they're all within one psi, but every once in a while one tire will be off by three or four. My Bronco seems to update the pressure numbers pretty quickly, based one how it behaves when I'm airing up or down.
Ford Bronco Why I'll never run a spare tire delete.. Qy2mYdK

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just rented a Subaru that wouldn't display tire pressure until you got up to speed
Purchased our 1st Subaru this year and that kinda threw me at 1st. Asked the sales associate when we picked it up why it wasn't reading when going through the screens, his response was we didn't buy that option. Got to love the shit sales people will say.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4-way inflation/deflation system ;)

But it still doesn't get the tire pressure exactly the same in all four tires every time, and I can't figure that out. Most of the time they're all within one psi, but every once in a while one tire will be off by three or four. My Bronco seems to update the pressure numbers pretty quickly, based one how it behaves when I'm airing up or down.
Ford Bronco Why I'll never run a spare tire delete.. Qy2mYdK
Holy crap - I've been into vehicles since I was a kid and I never knew these existed, and yet now that I do it seems like such a simple and easy thing! Thank you both!!!

A few hours ago I pulled the Bronco into the garage for the night, didn't go over 3mph, and then checked the app again and the left front tire is up a lb. Didn't go over 20 but the pressure changed. However, the app says it may take up to 2 minutes at 20mph+ for an accurate reading so wo knows?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Holy crap - I've been into vehicles since I was a kid and I never knew these existed, and yet now that I do it seems like such a simple and easy thing! Thank you both!!!
I learned about it from some local Jeep guys. I can air down from 40 to 20 psi in three minutes. Air all four back up again in ten minutes. Makes a big difference on rocky dirt roads.

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most of my jeeps had 4 inch lifts running 37's. The jack wouldn't come close to lifting it so why have a spare

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting, if so it means every time I adjust tire pressure I should drive it first up to 20 mph, then adjust pressure within 30 minutes.
I think it means: “use a tire pressure gauge - not your TPMS - if you want to get it right the first time”

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I learned about it from some local Jeep guys. I can air down from 40 to 20 psi in three minutes. Air all four back up again in ten minutes. Makes a big difference on rocky dirt roads.
Personally, I just can’t stand having to lug around 30 feet of air hose just to air up/down. Have a $10 deflator set in my pocket and by the time all the Jeep guys dig out and untangle their super cool air down hose contraptions - I’m usually done.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally, I just can’t stand having to lug around 30 feet of air hose just to air up/down. Have a $10 deflator set in my pocket and by the time all the Jeep guys dig out and untangle their super cool air down hose contraptions - I’m usually done.
And you've solved half of the problem. Being able to air down four tires is just a bonus, I have the setup to air UP the tires. And the hose contraption is smaller than the air pump that I also use. Everything fits into a gym bag that I toss into the back.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
And you've solved half of the problem. Being able to air down four tires is just a bonus, I have the setup to air UP the tires. And the hose contraption is smaller than the air pump that I also use. Everything fits into a gym bag that I toss into the back.
What's the advantage to airing up, over a couple seconds it's taking to unhook a single line and hook up to the next tire? In my mind you're only looking at saving maybe 20 seconds (inflating four), then you're going to lose 2 minutes putting the contraption away.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The small diameter hose is causing a restriction/resistance to flow. In a static system all will equalize, nature hates an imbalance (this is the principle of all power humans have ever, or will ever, use; we make the energy do work as it goes about its way getting to equilibrium). If you want all tires to be the same pressure with your set-up, wait.

Most of my jeeps had 4 inch lifts running 37's. The jack wouldn't come close to lifting it so why have a spare
Do you really not know how to stack objects? Or, perhaps modify your jack setup, as you modify your vehicle.
Sponsored