Sponsored

Why is picking out a color so hard? Anybody else struggle?

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What a roller coaster I've been on trying to pick a color. I originally started with Carb Gray. But since I am coming from a dark gray CX-5, I wanted something "more fun" so I changed it to Rapid Red. Ford says, not so fast.... pick something else. ok..... So then I started going back and forth between Eruption Green and Cactus Gray and have been torn since.

Now, I'm thinking of coming full circle back to to Carb Gray. I want it to look bad ass even with the OBX - MIC -SAS. I am definitely going to powdercoat the wheel rings black. Anybody else struggle this hard? I am going to hang on to this one for 10 years so I want to make sure it's right and I can't make up my damn mind.

2.1.22 Update: I've now seen a HPR Bronco on the highway. WOW! I mean... what the hell man? Stop playing with my emotions like this! I've also been picked for production on week 3.28. Dealer says If I need to make a change to color, he needs to know now! LOL
2.23.22 Updated: yep I ended up getting HPR. I wanted a color that was different than what I was used to getting and what is on the road. It would have been erupting green but it appears everybody is getting that and HPR was 🔥

Some pics I grabbed off this site for inspiration:
View attachment 257918
View attachment 257919
View attachment 257921
Sponsored

Last edited:

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes!! 100%! I started with Carbonized Gray and ended with Area 51. I've NEVER owned a blue vehicle in my life and I still second guess my choice. I've always owned black or gray vehicles. I thought it was time to go out of my comfort zone, and get a 'throwback' color - and my wife really loved A51 which put me over the top. IMHO, you can't go wrong in any color. All anyone notices is the [O- BRONCO -O] on the grille anyway ;)

Also - I learned that once I started to explore A51 and CG, the Carb Gray started to look pretty boring. But, that's also our minds playing games by thinking about it way too long and hard. ...waiting and waiting tends to do that to us. :LOL:

Last edited:

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everyone will have their own opinion, ultimately go with what you gravitate towards more. You will very likely have quite a while to change your mind prior to it being built as well.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Never really cared much about the color of my cars. My 21 build was gonna be antimatter blue. Switched to eruption green for 22. I think I kinda like the velocity blue and hot pepper red better than eruption green, but whatever, I’ll take it in any color. There really aren’t any bad ones.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I went thru this also and began to really look at it hard when I had to reorder 2022.
Cactus Grey, I know that everyone is crazy about this color but it makes an exciting offroader boring imo. Same thing with Area 51, another muted color. Grays are just over done, also my opinion. This is the first vehicle that I think does not look good white.
So whats left. Ford needs to put really exciting colors on the Bronco, it is begging to be a loud color.
So what did I do, put the options out to the family, 9 said Eruption Green, 1 (me) said pepper red. So ours is a classic dark green with a cool gold metal flake that i am going to enhance with bronze wheels and retro graphics (if I ever get the darn thing). This doesn't help at all, I know.

Sponsored

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has been the hardest part for me, besides the two year wait…

I chose Area51, then Carb Grey, then with 100% certainty… Antimatter Blue.

Then, Ford said F U! And did a switcheroo…

Now my contenders are: Area51, EG, or shadow black.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're only waffling between three colors!? Amateur! I went so far as to gather bids for a glass out repaint. I'm currently on my fifth revised color order (Cactus Gray->VB->Race Red->SB->now CO).

OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone will have their own opinion, ultimately go with what you gravitate towards more. You will very likely have quite a while to change your mind prior to it being built as well.
Actually, I have a build date and a narrow window of opportunity to change the color!

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picking our color was a rollercoaster as none of the ones we were considering were available in person, on vehicles at the time. We started out with Area 51, then saw it in person and thought it was too light blue, so we switched to Cyber Orange until we saw it in person and thought it was too Yellow, then we went back to Area 51 but weren't overly happy with it.

Then we saw Cactus Gray in person and it completely sold us. Super happy with it, never looked back.

Sponsored

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Cactus Gray looks great - but I view it as more of a “female” color (it’s the color of my wife’s Wildtrak).

EG & Velocity Blue are my top two choices. We had a 2-door ordered in Antimatter Blue but they dropped that so we reordered as a 22 in VB (who knows whenever that one will show up).

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went through the same thing as well, wavered between Carb. Gray, White, Black...ultimately chose Race Red. Est. delivery date is 2/10/22.

Like the OP my last cars/trucks have been silver and dark gray, haven't had a red car since in over 30 years.

OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I chose the color I liked that I normally would never choose. Worst comes to worst, I'll just wrap it another color down the road.
And what color was that?

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
None of them hit it out of the park for me.
Carbonized Gray is a nice color.I considered Area 51 but had some reservations.My wife likes Cactus Gray so that's what I went with.
If I were buying a 2 door it would be a base with Iconic Silver or Carbonized Gray.
Sponsored

Last edited: