Sponsored

Will I fit into this new Bronco?! Leg/head room compared to the Ranger on which the Bronco is based?

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's a midsize vehicle, it's gonna be snug
Sponsored

Dave2ID

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Mustang Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found some pictures. I thought there was video

Guy said he was 6'7" and 360lbs.

08416007_580394445984924_2395404422965330885_n-jpg.jpg

9356378_2740872132851151_2606901937154591353_n-jpg.jpg

07907173_312963213174665_1348903921335703399_n-jpg.jpg
i work with that guy, he is a big dude. if he fits in it then im sure you will fit great.

TravelinBrad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 F250, 02 F250, 16 F350, 76 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every Ford I've ever been in is made to fit a big/tall person...even my 94 Probe GT. I'm 6'3" but long legged, normal torso. I've been in a new Ranger and it seemed roomy enough. I can say my '16 F350 with moonroof is a tad short on interior height because of that moonroof. I cannot wear my cowboy hat in it, but can just fine in my 02 with no moonroof. Newer Superduty are taller inside.

Plus you can always drive with the seat more reclined LOL

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread reminds me of this :LOL:

n-tweets-jimmy-kimmel-nba-edition-buick-commercial.jpg

i work with that guy, he is a big dude. if he fits in it then im sure you will fit great.
Does he wear a padlock on his belt? Cuz it looks like he wears a padlock on his belt.

7173_312963213174665_1348903921335703399_n-jpg-jpg.jpg

OP
OP

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So.. thanks to all.. I read all the stats.. Bronco looks similar to both current Ranger and Jeep JL Wrangler (but a little more hip/shoulder room than Wrangler). Rhetorical question: How hard would it have been for Ford to send ONE Bronco (not for sale) to every dealer so folks could see/touch/sit in it? - and- here's a reach.. TEST DRIVE IT??!! (Yeah, I get it.. wish list.. .. don't flame me here.. I know there would be rich folks saying "I'll buy THIS one for $20K over sticker RIGHT NOW"....... and/or.. the sales manager(s) would be driving it home every weekend because they can). I waited for a long time for the original Expedition in 1997 (special ordered one back then).. so I suppose this isn't too different..

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm 6'6" / 340lbs (Sad... I was 240lb when I graduated college 20 years ago. Oy...)

Anyway, I can't fit in a Wrangler comfortably, which is one of the main reasons I'm excited about a Bronco. I used to have a Focus ST hatchback and fit in it great. I have no issues with modern Explorers or other Ford cars. I haven't been in a new Ranger specifically, but I'm confident I can fit in the Bronco.

Looks like the dude in the pic might could lower the seat down some more too, which would help with head room.

That's always the first thing I do when I try to get into a new car - seat all the way down and all the way back & steering wheel all the way out and all the way up.

OP
OP

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 6'6" / 340lbs (Sad... I was 240lb when I graduated college 20 years ago. Oy...)

Anyway, I can't fit in a Wrangler comfortably, which is one of the main reasons I'm excited about a Bronco. I used to have a Focus ST hatchback and fit in it great. I have no issues with modern Explorers or other Ford cars. I haven't been in a new Ranger specifically, but I'm confident I can fit in the Bronco.

Looks like the dude in the pic might could lower the seat down some more too, which would help with head room.

That's always the first thing I do when I try to get into a new car - seat all the way down and all the way back & steering wheel all the way out and all the way up.
I hear you.... I like to sit upright in a vehicle - so I don't buy the advice some folks give when they say "... just tilt/angle the seat back waaaay back" - as that is uncomfortable as hell.. Moving the seat back on its tracks.. sure.. but not tilting the seat back to a rediculous angle.. Even in full size vehicles like Expeditions, Tahoes, etc.. I can't do sunroofs as they cut out too much headroom (again, tall from the waist up).... My old man was 6'6" like you - but he was lighter (220 lbs) and was "all legs".. so he and I had opposite problems fitting in vehicles. I owned a 2000 and then a 2002 Wrangler - and bought the aftermarket seat track extenders for both- which helped immensely. (No headroom issues in those as I recall.. it has been a while since I owned them..)

Jmtoast

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guys your size and bigger own mustangs and daily drive them. I wouldn't but each his own.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

6 -4 240# didnt think i was going to fit in the focus st but i did ,when the bronco comes ill drive it and if everything fits it comes home easy right.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Woo hello fellow tall torso'd giants! :D

6'5" 260lbs here and this is still a big question of mine. I can look at and compare numbers all day but it's meaningless until I can get my ass into a seat. I fit in my Jeep, albeit a little snug, but it's been a non issue for the 9 years its pulled daily driver duty. And I'm impressed in how well I fit in a small Transit Connect, we have a few in our work fleet, so maybe Ford balances their interior space pretty well. Just hoping it's a tad bit more roomier than the Jeep.

OP
OP

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Woo hello fellow tall torso'd giants! :D

6'5" 260lbs here and this is still a big question of mine. I can look at and compare numbers all day but it's meaningless until I can get my ass into a seat. I fit in my Jeep, albeit a little snug, but it's been a non issue for the 9 years its pulled daily driver duty. And I'm impressed in how well I fit in a small Transit Connect, we have a few in our work fleet, so maybe Ford balances their interior space pretty well. Just hoping it's a tad bit more roomier than the Jeep.
Yup.. I think if I could sit in one for 3 mins.. that's all I need to know for sure. I just sold a Ford Expedition.. so obviously I'm coming out of a full size vehicle. .. Now that I think about it, the Bronco does have one advantage over the Jeep JL Wrangler, all things being equal... The Bronco doesn't have that "bar" (I think Jeep calls it a "Sound Bar"?) right behind the first row.. I remember the last time I sat in a JL.. with the seat all the way back.. that bar was close to my head.. (and I was thinking to myself at the time "damn.. if I bought the seat extenders.. my head would fully hit that "Sound Bar" hard!")..Like someone said earlier.. this is a mid size vehicle.. so gonna be "snug"....

Dave2ID

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Mustang Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread reminds me of this :LOL:

Ford Bronco Will I fit into this new Bronco?!  Leg/head room compared to the Ranger on which the Bronco is based? 7173_312963213174665_1348903921335703399_n-jpg-

Does he wear a padlock on his belt? Cuz it looks like he wears a padlock on his belt.

Ford Bronco Will I fit into this new Bronco?!  Leg/head room compared to the Ranger on which the Bronco is based? 7173_312963213174665_1348903921335703399_n-jpg-
yes, that is a lock. All skilled trades in the plant carry them at all time to lock out the equipment before working or entering it. For safety reasons.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6'7" 230lbs here, so needless to say I'm glad I found this thread. I fit into the Jeep but not with the sound deadening headliner and not sitting completely upright.

One thing I did notice and something to consider is the difference in seat height with powered vs non-powered seats. Oddly enough I seem to get the seat lower with powered seats but I'd prefer to have non-powered with the Bronco. I want to get the washout floors w/ the Badlands so no powered seats for me.

Has anyone else had the same experience or thought about that as an issue?

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup.. I think if I could sit in one for 3 mins.. that's all I need to know for sure. I just sold a Ford Expedition.. so obviously I'm coming out of a full size vehicle. .. Now that I think about it, the Bronco does have one advantage over the Jeep JL Wrangler, all things being equal... The Bronco doesn't have that "bar" (I think Jeep calls it a "Sound Bar"?) right behind the first row.. I remember the last time I sat in a JL.. with the seat all the way back.. that bar was close to my head.. (and I was thinking to myself at the time "damn.. if I bought the seat extenders.. my head would fully hit that "Sound Bar" hard!")..Like someone said earlier.. this is a mid size vehicle.. so gonna be "snug"....
Exactly, the Wrangler flaw for tall people (myself included - it took getting used to a different seating position to find a spot where I wasn't worried of my head popping like a canteloupe on that thing) is the sports bar. So I have 0 worry on the Bronco since it clearly doesn't have one. You can also take the roof off and have unlimited headroom.
Sponsored