Sponsored

Will I fit into this new Bronco?! Leg/head room compared to the Ranger on which the Bronco is based?

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a reasonably big guy (6'4"... 260 lbs... with a "tall torso").. and wondering if I'll even FIT into a 4 door Bronco. I can't go sit in one anywhere (to the best of my knowledge), so hard for me to know if I'll fit. How close is the interior room (head room, hip room, leg room) on a 4 door Bronco compared to the Ford Ranger on which I understand the vehicle is loosely based? (I can go to my local Ford dealer and sit in/drive a Ranger...) Any advice is appreciated. Hard for me to drop $40K+ on a vehicle I've never even sat in.. much less driven. I can tell you that it is tight for me in a 4 door JL Wrangler - hoping the new Bronco is a bit roomier inside. Thanks!
Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a video of a guy much larger than you getting into the driver seat of the bronco.
Try to search for it.
I’ll search as well.
If I find it I’ll post it.
He fit pretty well and was more in the 6 7 range and 350lbs if I remember.

OP
OP

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a video of a guy much larger than you getting into the driver seat of the bronco.
Try to search for it.
I’ll search as well.
If I find it I’ll post it.
He fit pretty well and was more in the 6 7 range and 350lbs if I remember.
Thanks for posting the pics.. With all due respect to the guy in the pic, it looks like if that guy "sat up straight" his head would be hitting the inside of the roof if it were on... I'd still like to get some specs on this new Bronco vs a Ranger that I CAN go sit in..

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s a good question, I am exactly your size but tend to be shorter in the torso, so legroom is a problem for me rather than height when seated.

Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Long torso here too. My pants are the same length as a friend who's 5'6", and my GF too about 5'6 but I'm 6' tall!

Car problems are weird especially seats, and rear view mirror being in the way of my vision

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All the interior dimensions are listed in ford’s website for both the bronco and the ranger. I believe the bronco has slightly more legroom than the ranger.

OP
OP

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the interior dimensions are listed in ford’s website for both the bronco and the ranger. I believe the bronco has slightly more legroom than the ranger.
I'll go take a look! Didn't realize it was posted.. I just know I'm cramped in a new JL 4 door Wrangler.. and "want" the Bronco 4 door to be more roomy!

OP
OP

rbrown6061

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a good question, I am exactly your size but tend to be shorter in the torso, so legroom is a problem for me rather than height when seated.
Fitting into vehicles is tough for me.. I can almost NEVER get a sunroof in any vehicle.. including the new Expedition... (headroom issues only.. legroom is never an issue as my inseam is about the same as a 6 foot tall guy...). Damn genetics! ;-)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be wrong, but it was my understanding the NEW (22/23?) Ranger will be based off the all new Bronco frame???

I recall reading quite a while ago that the coming Bronco is what is forcing the ground up/ top down refresh of the Ranger.

So, if I am correct, the current Ranger is not really related to the Bronco like many tend to think.

However, the test drivers did say to go test drive a crew cab Ranger to see roughly how the powertrain will feel in a Bronco.

Sponsored

scuba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If any one has dug up or calculated the "vision line height" or other measure of headroom, I'd appreciate yall sharing here.

I'm 6' 1" but have a long torso like some others and have to sit up almost straight vertically, or my bad posture exacerbates some back probs from the Navy.

This article is the best analysis I've found of "head room":

https://tall.life/best-cars-for-tall-people/

And I can vouch for the results, having owned 3 of their top cars for their key metric (basically distance from floorboard to the top of the windshield. (Element, E-seires van, and non-sunroof Honda Pilot).

Again, if anybody can post some numbers here I'd appreciate it.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs