Sponsored

Will my fuel expense cost more than my Bronco?

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm anxiously waiting for my 2 door order and now I have the anxiety over what gas prices could be when I finally get it.

I was planning on structuring the monthly payments to be around $350 but based on today's gas prices I'll by paying more in gas per month than the vehicle payments!

Mine will be my daily driver so I am thinking about fuel. I was thinking about it before I placed the order!

Are we going to see people cancel their orders over these crazy high gas prices?

Does anyone think gas prices will drop in the near future?

Uncertain times!!!
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I once proved to a co-worker that is was cheaper to buy a truck AND cheap fuel sipper econo-box if he drove the econobox to work instead of the gas guzzler truck.
Included insurance etc etc in the figures.

This is what maths are for ... lol.

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have space for a 2nd vehicle, it would be my daily driver.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have space for a 2nd vehicle, it would be my daily driver.
Honestly if you're that worried for the near future. You may not want a Bronco, hard facts.
But if you're ok with short term pain for long term fun then stay the course.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are we going to see people cancel their orders over these crazy high gas prices?
Yes
Does anyone think gas prices will drop in the near future?
No
Uncertain times!!!
The world sucks now and things will only get worse.

Sponsored

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I once proved to a co-worker that is was cheaper to buy a truck AND cheap fuel sipper econo-box if he drove the econobox to work instead of the gas guzzler truck.
Included insurance etc etc in the figures.

This is what maths are for ... lol.

Even cheaper to not buy the truck...

I completely understand that everyone is in a different place financially, but if fuel is a significant amount of your budget (and you aren't driving for a living), two vehicles probably isn't the way to improve that.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’d argue that if your concern with a vehicle shaped like a brick is if you can afford the fuel, I’d say you probably need a more economical vehicle than the full sized bronco.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After careful consideration of your personal needs and desires, weighing the facts as you have laid them out, applying thoughtful and reflective contemplation on the matter.... I have determined that I don't care and neither should you. The cost of the Bronco is way more than it would cost to run and repair a vehicle you already have and probably for the rest of your life.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After careful consideration of your personal needs and desires, weighing the facts as you have laid them out, applying thoughtful and reflective contemplation on the matter.... I have determined that I don't care and neither should you. The cost of the Bronco is way more than it would cost to run and repair one you already have probably for the rest of your life.
Yep. It’s expensive. It’s not financially practical. I’d prepare for gas prices to increase and value to plummet. But it’s also fun. Only you can decide if it’s worth it to you.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it's your only vehicle it may get very pricy. It depends on how many miles you drive. As already stated do the math. I drove a LOT to get back and forth to work. 25K miles a year. The gas alone in the Bronco at 3.50 a gallon was concerning as my cost was going to be 400-450 a month. And that is with no car payment. If had a car payment on top of that it could approach or be over 1K a month. I can no way afford that, the gas alone was stretching it. Now with gas over 4.00 that cost goes up quite a bit. I decided to bow out of my Basesquatch but if I were to still proceed, it would have to sit 90% of the time- too expensive to drive back and forth to work. I had to buy an economy car due to the gas prices as my other vehicles are gas guzzlers.
Sponsored