Sponsored

Will the Bronco have start and stop technology at stop lights ?

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give it an honest try. It's really not that bad. I was initially very opposed to it, but after experiencing it first hand I came around pretty quickly. For those situations where it's a problem, it's easily enough to turn it off.
Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope it’s something that can be disabled.
put it in sport mode or just hit the button every time you start the car

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2020 Ranger has capability to turn off the start-stop operation. But, once I turn the engine off and then restart, this function resets. It is annoying. There is probably an ODB2 program that can turn it off permanently. I thought I read that the Bronco can be turned off.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2020 Ranger has capability to turn off the start-stop operation. But, once I turn the engine off and then restart, this function resets. It is annoying. There is probably an ODB2 program that can turn it off permanently. I thought I read that the Bronco can be turned off.
it will be the same way as the ranger and all ford vehicles you gotta do it every time but there are flashes you can run (that mess up your warranty) to disable it permanently

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s like getting stuck in a 1980s Jalopy, not sure if it will turn off at the stoplight. I have never seen a single stop-start system that wasn’t intrusive, in any brand vehicle. They are universally horrible. I’m thankful my 2017 car doesn’t have that crap.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again??? Just hit the disable button on the dash, or plug a $2 night light into the 110v socket (if you have mid) to disable.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again??? Just hit the disable button on the dash, or plug a $2 night light into the 110v socket (if you have mid) to disable.
But why, shouldn’t my brand new $50k vehicle function without sounding and acting like a 1980s Jalopy?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But why, shouldn’t my brand new $50k vehicle function without sounding and acting like a 1980s Jalopy?
You know why, to improve gas mileage, and reduce emissions and get better numbers with the EPA. Just be glad they give you a way to disable it.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know why, to improve gas mileage, and reduce emissions and get better numbers with the EPA. Just be glad they give you a way to disable it.
Okay so I save a whole $1.50 a year? Why am I suppose to care as the consumer, I would greatly prefer my engine running and my take-off unaffected, and my car not to sound like a pile of s&$t.

I don’t have to buy a vehicle with auto start stop, more like be glad consumers actually put up with that crap.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so I save a whole $1.50 a year? Why am I suppose to care as the consumer, I would greatly prefer my engine running and my take-off unaffected, and my car not to sound like a pile of s&$t.

I don’t have to buy a vehicle with auto start stop, more like be glad consumers actually put up with that crap.
I don't like it any better than you do, but if you have noticed most all new vehicles are being equipped with it, including trucks, it's a government conspiracy for sure :)

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't like it any better than you do, but if you have noticed most all new vehicles are being equipped with it, including trucks, it's a government conspiracy for sure :)
Like I said my 2017 car did not have it and if it had I would not have bought it. I see the Tremor also doesn’t have it. The Bronco and the F150 are the only new cars I know to have it.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said my 2017 car did not have it and if it had I would not have bought it. I see the Tremor also doesn’t have it. The Bronco and the F150 are the only new cars I know to have it.
Every hybrid has it, and in 5 years most cars will be hybrids, so as I see it you have 3 options, live with it, defeat it with a programmer or other method, or don't purchase it.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every hybrid has it, and in 5 years most cars will be hybrids, so as I see it you have 3 options, live with it, defeat it with a programmer or other method, or don't purchase it.
Well I’m never going to buy a Hybrid so let them have it and leave the rest of us without the embarrassing restarts.
Sponsored