tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else get more windnoise out of their hard top when its -29 degrees? just sounds like coming from front passenger panel. Didn't know if anyone had experienced this. Assume the seals and metal shrink.
Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At-29 everything is gonna creek, moan and whistle. I'm not sure why this is a surprise to so many.

Missy

Wildtrak
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, went in hubby's 2 door yesterday, it was 19 degrees, the bronco was covered in ice, his sleeps outside, and the wind noise was horrible, he thought something was wrong with the window. Glad to know it was just the cold, we live in the deep south, we do not get temps like this very often.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not that cold here, but below 20 degrees this morning. There were a whole slew of new creaks and groans I can't say I've heard before. This is definitely a 'fair weather' vehicle. (Longing for warmer days, roof panels off and windows down - I'll get those doors off someday).

Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, went in hubby's 2 door yesterday, it was 19 degrees, the bronco was covered in ice, his sleeps outside, and the wind noise was horrible, he thought something was wrong with the window. Glad to know it was just the cold, we live in the deep south, we do not get temps like this very often.
Had the same thing here. Yesterday it was about 14. Whistling sound from …. somewhere. Seems like the cold weather has the frameless windows’ rubber seals less pliable, resulting in a weaker seal and in comes the ambiance.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just went through 4 days of sub-freezing weather...minus-teens to mid-20's...heard all kinds of little groans, creaks, and pops, and a bit more wind noise (2-door hardtop). Chalked it up to the cold/shrinkage. It'll disappear when it warms up again.
My house is making the same noises, and it is 50+ years old...

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else get more windnoise out of their hard top when its -29 degrees? just sounds like coming from front passenger panel. Didn't know if anyone had experienced this. Assume the seals and metal shrink.
2 deg this AM, 18 mph side wind, mine is kept in a non heated garage, no noises.

Missy

Wildtrak
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had the same thing here. Yesterday it was about 14. Whistling sound from …. somewhere. Seems like the cold weather has the frameless windows’ rubber seals less pliable, resulting in a weaker seal and in comes the ambiance.
That makes sense, I drove my 4 door today, and it was fine, temp was 40 degrees.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although it doesn't get that cold here in Southern Arizona, I have noticed once its 40 degrees or cooler, I get a whistle noise from the drivers side middle panel. Its mostly on remote start, once I hit the push to start it goes away.

If I stand out side I can feel warm air rushing from the seal of the middle panel of the hard top where it meets the body/frame.

It will do it if I turn the fan to 5 or above also. Its almost not worth going to the dealer because I know they will never reproduce it.

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm about to rub some Sil-Glyde on my window and roof panel seals. Single digits got me squeaking too and I'm garaged!

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did a 9 hour road trip today from East Tennessee to Northern Virginia. Started out a -3 at the lake. Didn’t make it above 10 for hours. Had a good amount of new wind and a good bit of whistling around the roof panels. The good news is that those noises went away after about the 2nd hour. Outside temp was still around 0, but I’m assuming the interior warmed things up enough to get back to normal noises. No creaking (from the Bronco anyway… from my joints, well, that’s a different story at -3!)

IMG_5571.jpeg

IMG_5559.jpeg

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My mini coopers would do this in the cold. I used this product on the rubber and found it stopped it. It’s gotten cold here in TX so I just bought more and plan to apply it this weekend.

nextzett 91480615 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick - 3.4 fl. oz https://a.co/d/59HgTZ9

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Believe it or not it's actually the hard top. Right above the window. It's the hot air forcing itself out when you have the heat on. Turn off the blower and the noise stops!

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands