Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco and soon to be 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 door does this and its unacceptable. Ive had other cars with windows like this (E36 M3, 996 etc) and they worked flawlessly. Im going to try the reset thing when I get home. Does anyone have a 2 door without this problem? Thanks in advance!
I've tried the reset thing a dozen times. I have even put a wooden dowel into the seal as I did the reset to try and train it not to raise as high when it closes hoping that would help. Nothing works. I hope that they will actually try and fix the problem while it's at the dealership.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The reset thing does nothing to fix Broncos Death Wobble.

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it’s perfect now?
The passenger front is perfect. whatever they did fixed it, but I also saw no results with the reset method listed in this post. Good news it is fixable I guess, just a pain in the butt that they ever left the factory like this

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The passenger front is perfect. whatever they did fixed it, but I also saw no results with the reset method listed in this post. Good news it is fixable I guess, just a pain in the butt that they ever left the factory like this
Did they give you a service ticket that details what they did?

Swynn106

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, I actually don't let anyone open that door anymore. I haven't had time to take it in, let us know what they do!
Just got a call from the dealership and it's not fixed. Ford sent a canned response to them with the service request info stating that it's within normal operation and it's not a known problem.

Sponsored

Swynn106

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a call from the dealership and it's not fixed. Ford sent a canned response to them with the service request info stating that it's within normal operation and it's not a known problem.
I'm going to call Ford tomorrow after I pick it up so I'll have that on record also. My plan is to bring it back to the dealership once a month in the hopes something will eventually get done.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Which Ford dealer in DFW did you use who knew how to repair?

@Swynn106 You might have your dealer reach out to @LucasWithTheLidOff dealer to find out what they did to fix it.

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did they give you a service ticket that details what they did?

@Swynn106 You might have your dealer reach out to @LucasWithTheLidOff dealer to find out what they did to fix it.
This was Don Davis Ford in Arlington. The service ticket is a lot to type so I’m just gonna post a picture here. DM me if you want to know the service advisor’s name. I just don’t feel like putting his name on a public forum here

53C06654-3828-49C6-903C-8A27746CC7D5.jpeg

Swynn106

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just printed out the screen shot and sent him a message to get the service advisors name. This is driving me crazy considering it's a 3 week old truck as of today and Ford acts like it is nothing.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had our 4dr OBX in the shop last week, back passenger door glass was not dropping fast enough and hanging when opening. They tried to adjust it, ended up replacing the motor, all is well now.

Sponsored
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just printed out the screen shot and sent him a message to get the service advisors name. This is driving me crazy considering it's a 3 week old truck as of today and Ford acts like it is nothing.
Reply DM sent

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had our 4dr OBX in the shop last week, back passenger door glass was not dropping fast enough and hanging when opening. They tried to adjust it, ended up replacing the motor, all is well now.
I think there are things they can do but of course most are going to be reluctant. You and I just got lucky I guess, but if other dealers can call these ones that do appear to have a fix, then maybe more will get on the same page. I already DM'd @Swynn106 with my service advisor's name and if anyone else wants it just let me know.

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just did the reset several times this morning on my 2 door. No help. Its just a matter of time before the window breaks. Especially since my 16 year old daughter drives it to school and there are always kids getting and out of it. This door thing really makes me hate getting in it. First and last ford....except the second one coming next month to flip. Was going to keep this 2 door a long time but that's not going to happen now. Not unless they come up with a real fix. To be fair though, I havent let the dealer try to fix it so I guess I need to give that a shot.....

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going to a dealer is going to be a waste of time for almost everyone. If the problem is across the entire model, it's really on Ford to globally address and provide a fix, otherwise a dealer is going to just give you a canned response that's it's normal.

I posted a dedicated thread about how the doors/windows are so finicky. It's fine for me since I am cognizant of how to operate it. But this problem makes it so the vehicle "isn't for everyone"...cant imagine wear and tear from teenagers, some wives, or regular use from first time passengers (think uber). Not saying it will break, but just the compounding annoyance of it may have people looking elsewhere if their tolerance threshold is low.

Reactions: bhb

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs