Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Found and bought a 2-Dr Antimatter Blue OBX Bronco on Friday (yes I got hit with an ADM). Got it home (225 Miles away) and have discovered the passenger window is not dropping down upon opening the door. Does anyone know how to fix? I saw one youtube video saying to turn the vehicle on press and hold down the window down for 5 seconds and then the up for 5 seconds and that should fix it, but doesn't work for me. Figured I would ask before sitting at my local dealership. Thanks!
Sponsored

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried the fix myself and no hope. Not only do i have window lag on the passenger rear but the passenger window itself is loose. Made an appointment and drove 30 minutes to the dealer to have them tell me it will be 5 business days before they can even look at it.

No loaner vehicles available and no assistance for a rental. Think I got spoiled with Audi, Infinite and Acura where i always had a loaner car with advanced reservation.

Needless to say i haven't taken it in for the windows yet since I don't want to be without my Bronco for maybe 2 weeks. On another note i broke two clips off my soft top this weekend while taking it down. Thought i had a hold of the plastic part which i didn't and they snapped right off without much pressure. Dealer laughed and said you aren't the first person to do that but it should be covered under warranty.

Not really liking the service departments from Ford. Its not just my dealer i bought the Bronco from it appears that is normal practice for Ford.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP
OP
Gwillikers

Gwillikers

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Gwillikers

Gwillikers

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried the fix myself and no hope. Not only do i have window lag on the passenger rear but the passenger window itself is loose. Made an appointment and drove 30 minutes to the dealer to have them tell me it will be 5 business days before they can even look at it.

No loaner vehicles available and no assistance for a rental. Think I got spoiled with Audi, Infinite and Acura where i always had a loaner car with advanced reservation.

Needless to say i haven't taken it in for the windows yet since I don't want to be without my Bronco for maybe 2 weeks. On another note i broke two clips off my soft top this weekend while taking it down. Thought i had a hold of the plastic part which i didn't and they snapped right off without much pressure. Dealer laughed and said you aren't the first person to do that but it should be covered under warranty.

Not really liking the service departments from Ford. Its not just my dealer i bought the Bronco from it appears that is normal practice for Ford.
Agree. Not looking to give it up for a visit to the Service Dept. Sorry to hear about your soft top clips, sounds like ya might need to carry extras with you in the glove box...

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Bronco concern on my end.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The loaner car thing is a bit of a different experience with the Ford dealerships versus others like MB, Lexus, Cadillac and LR. I ended up getting the Ford extended warranty since it's a first year model and pricing through Zeigler online (and others like Flood or Granger) was so cheap. For an extra $20, I added on first day car loaner coverage so any time I bring it in for service, I get a loaner. Of course, a loaner has to be available and my service advisor is good about making sure a loaner is available at the time of scheduled service appointment.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both of my passenger side doors have the same extreme lag when opening.

I mentioned it to my dealer when they "fixed" the soft top alignment issue, but I don't think they looked at it.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Both of my passenger side doors have the same extreme lag when opening.

I mentioned it to my dealer when they "fixed" the soft top alignment issue, but I don't think they looked at it.
Mine took two visits to get it fixed. First time, they couldn't find any service memos on the issue and didn't know what to do. I came across the SSM on Bronco6G and gave my service advisor a copy so he could look into it more. Next visit it was easily fixed and got it back the same day.

Attachments

vb_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to hear about the window... How bad was your ADM?

Sponsored

IWDesertGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Dr Badlands LUX+SASQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think I got spoiled with Audi, Infinite and Acura where i always had a loaner car with advanced reservation.
Our experiences for the past 15 years has been BMW (5 cars) and now Porsche (2 cars). Yes, we are spoiled . . . but value our service relationships with both of these brands and local services/personnel.

One of my biggest concerns with my (order pending) Bronco Badlands + SAS + LUX is the possible negative service experience with Ford service compared to what we have grown to be accustomed to with Porsche and BMW.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine took two visits to get it fixed. First time, they couldn't find any service memos on the issue and didn't know what to do. I came across the SSM on Bronco6G and gave my service advisor a copy so he could look into it more. Next visit it was easily fixed and got it back the same day.
Thank you very much!

OP
OP
Gwillikers

Gwillikers

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear about the window... How bad was your ADM?
I ended up paying roughly $5k in ADM. I was also looking at another dealership in Titusville PA that has a 2Dr Velocity Blue 2.7L OBX that is almost identical to the one I got who has a $5k ADM as well....which from my research is pretty much the lowest ADM of any dealership in PA, VA, MD, TN, KY, NC, and SC. I would say 90% are asking $10K+ in ADM and typically the higher the model the more the ADM.

OP
OP
Gwillikers

Gwillikers

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Window issue fixed by doing the following...

Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for two seconds.
Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for two seconds.
Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a two seconds.
Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a two seconds.
Opened the door and auto window drop occurred as it should (and closed when door shut)

Thanks ALL! The hive mind comes through once again!

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Window issue fixed by doing the following...

Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for two seconds.
Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for two seconds.
Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a two seconds.
Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a two seconds.
Opened the door and auto window drop occurred as it should (and closed when door shut)

Thanks ALL! The hive mind comes through once again!
Glad that worked for you, doesn't work for some of us. I just took mine in for lube and to have them look at it. They "re-initialized" which I told them doesn't work and on receipt it hasn't change, shocking. Not even sure they looked at it cause it's a how can you not notice it catching really bad.
Sponsored