Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bronco has wireless apple carplay.

and new to the 2021 F150, apple carplay is also wireless.
Good to know. I just subscribed to Apple Music after getting the Bronco. Wish I had years ago instead of buying albums off iTunes! I’ll monkey some more with it wireless. Like the OP, I plugged in because I had problems getting it going wireless.

On a side note, I love the little tray thing between the console and shifter, where you can fit phones. However, the shifter is between that and the USB port, so the cord is kind of a nuisance if I put the phone in there. Plus, though my iPhone fits great there, when plugged, the plug won’t fit. Any suggestions for good places to put one’s phone, with cord out of the way? I had Bluetooth and all in my last ride, but with the great hands-free tech in the Bronco (hands-free reading of and responding to text, as well as ability to navigate music stuff from app to app on the dash), I am trying to wean myself from ever touching the phone while driving. So, I don’t need a mount necessary to be able to see the phone screen. Just a tidier solution.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Android guy here just chiming in to say Android Auto works great in my Bronco. I have had a few instances were a message popped up on the screen that said bad connection or something but the streaming music kept playing.

Going from a wired AA connection in my F150 to a wireless connection in the Bronco is great. I automatically picks up where the last song stopped playing. Only downfall is that it sucks the life out of the battery very fast and I don't have the wireless charger on this particular build. Which makes me have to plug the phone in which negates the whole wireless connection feature.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our CarPlay in the Navi is awful too.... hate it.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Android guy here just chiming in to say Android Auto works great in my Bronco. I have had a few instances were a message popped up on the screen that said bad connection or something but the streaming music kept playing.

Going from a wired AA connection in my F150 to a wireless connection in the Bronco is great. I automatically picks up where the last song stopped playing. Only downfall is that it sucks the life out of the battery very fast and I don't have the wireless charger on this particular build. Which makes me have to plug the phone in which negates the whole wireless connection feature.
My mileage varies. I also use android and it disconnects/starts chopping up playback probably every other trip I take (500mi into ownership). There's even an error message that admits its shortcoming and tells you to plug it in(!) I may try uninstalling Android Auto on my phone and seeing if Bluetooth by itself is more reliable.

One of the few disappointments so far. Maybe firmware updates will fix it down the road (dare to dream!)

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife's Audi is wireless and usually annoys me so i just do what many have suggested and plug my phone in to avoid any hiccups. Give them a year or two and the updates will smooth out the software.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will have to get in on this as well. It will drop shortly after it connects the first time. Annoying but not the end of the world. Was going to have my guys hook up to see if there's an update but they get a warning to contact hotline before attempting any updates. Iphone is latest model with current firmware.

On a side note, there's a SSM about Iphone 12 not charging/slow charging using the in vehicle charging pad.

SSM 50045 - 2018-2021 Various Ford and Lincoln Vehicles - Wireless Charging Pad Inoperative/ Slow Charging - iPhone 12 Users
Some 2018-2021 Ford/Lincoln vehicles equipped with a wireless charging pad may exhibit an inoperative charging pad, slow charging, a notification that the phone has been mispositioned on the charging pad and/or the phone charging icon in the center screen is not showing. This may be due to the customer's phone if they are using an iPhone 12. Vehicles equipped with a wireless charging pad are designed to charge best with phones that follow the Qi standard. The iPhone 12 hardware currently does not follow the Qi standard for wireless charging. This may make it difficult for Ford and Lincoln vehicles to wirelessly charge this specific phone. The phone can still be charged using the USB cable if the vehicle experiences the above symptoms. If the customer is using an iPhone 12, verify the wireless charging pad works with a Qi certified phone prior to any part replacements.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will have to get in on this as well. It will drop shortly after it connects the first time. Annoying but not the end of the world. Was going to have my guys hook up to see if there's an update but they get a warning to contact hotline before attempting any updates. Iphone is latest model with current firmware.

On a side note, there's a SSM about Iphone 12 not charging/slow charging using the in vehicle charging pad.

SSM 50045 - 2018-2021 Various Ford and Lincoln Vehicles - Wireless Charging Pad Inoperative/ Slow Charging - iPhone 12 Users
Some 2018-2021 Ford/Lincoln vehicles equipped with a wireless charging pad may exhibit an inoperative charging pad, slow charging, a notification that the phone has been mispositioned on the charging pad and/or the phone charging icon in the center screen is not showing. This may be due to the customer's phone if they are using an iPhone 12. Vehicles equipped with a wireless charging pad are designed to charge best with phones that follow the Qi standard. The iPhone 12 hardware currently does not follow the Qi standard for wireless charging. This may make it difficult for Ford and Lincoln vehicles to wirelessly charge this specific phone. The phone can still be charged using the USB cable if the vehicle experiences the above symptoms. If the customer is using an iPhone 12, verify the wireless charging pad works with a Qi certified phone prior to any part replacements.
Yes, sadly the wireless charging pad is useless with my iphone 12 pro.

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been having the same problem with wireless Android Auto. While streaming audio, it starts "skipping" very badly. If I use it wired it is not a problem. I have LUX. I use Galaxy Note 10. In my research I found it to be a common problem and found somewhat of a fix. It has to do with the battery keeping up with memory usage. You can exclude an app from the memory usage being checked. Under settings go to battery and device care. Then select memory, then exclude apps, then add the app to the exclusion list. This worked for Spotify but not Audacy. I am sure Apple has different steps, but this might give you a general idea of how to do it on Apple.

Screenshot_20210817-104723_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210817-104800_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210817-104834_Device care.jpg

Rbronco

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my 4 door Badlands high package for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to let everyone know the Wireless Carplay is frustratingly awful. There is about a 2 second delay every time you push a button and the audio will randomly cut in and out while driving. My 2016 4runner doesn't have Carplay, but has no trouble playing music or directions via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting/updating everything but it still doesn't seem to help. Also not sure how to run Carplay wired via the USB ports. Do I need to completely disconnect wireless first? Can I use USB, or does it have to be the USB-C port?

Hate to complain about something so minor when I should just be happy it's in my garage and not a holding lot, but hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
My wife’s 21 Tahoe has all of the same issues with her CarPlay. She has taken it in multiple times and still has the same issue. I was hoping it was a Chevy problem but it is looking like a CarPlay issue. Good luck!

Last edited:

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's disappointing. My 21 Blazer works great with Android auto wireless.

Minor concern though that might be fixed with an update from Ford.

Sponsored

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also keep in mind, Carplay and AA whether wired or wireless is highly dependent on your phone hardware. It's essentially using your phone as the computer and the car as a receiver/screen.

Wireless connection is also affected by your phones wifi modem hardware speed.

I'm running wireless Android Auto with a Galaxy S21+ and it is fantastic.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also keep in mind, Carplay and AA whether wired or wireless is highly dependent on your phone hardware. It's essentially using your phone as the computer and the car as a receiver/screen.

Wireless connection is also affected by your phones wifi modem hardware speed.

I'm running wireless Android Auto with a Galaxy S21+ and it is fantastic.
This is an excellent point.

I’ve had buggy wired car play experiences remedied after rebooting or updating my phone.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have zero music stored in my phone…
Then I guess you own none, and will always be reliant on an internet connection and/or paying a subscription.

Different philosophies…

Deleted member 12876

Then I guess you own none, and will always be reliant on an internet connection and/or paying a subscription.

Different philosophies…
Probably not because music doesn’t “wow” like must people. To me it’s just background noise that my world doesn’t revolve around

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe it's your phone.