Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi. Obviously, as you can see from my childish posts, I don’t have my Bronco yet, so I can’t comment on the Bronco implementation, but I do have this in another vehicle (Audi) and so have some experience with it.

On this car, you can use Apple car play either wirelessly or connected to USB. You don’t need to “set up” the system to do it, if you register the phone with the car it just switches between the two depending on whether you connect it. So there should not need to be anything you need to do to do one or the other.

Originally I too had issues with the audio cutting in and out when using the wireless approach, but after some time the set up seems to have settled down and now it works pretty consistently without issues. The wired approach has always been pretty good. There are sometimes occasional glitches and they seem to depend on where the audio is coming from - am I streaming it over a cell network to the phone, or is it physically on my phone? Sometimes other devices in the car can interfere with the bluetooth (passenger phone eg). If that happens I just stop the car and throw them out!

But overall, the wireless system has settled down after these initial jitters and works acceptably.

Two notes:

(1) Waze sometimes does not initialize properly when I get in the car. The symptom is that you can’t enter a destination, or if you can, the phone does not start up GPS and simply displays “drive to stating point” or something like that. If this happens I need to quit waze on the phone if its open, and then restart it on the phone, and then quit on the phone. This seems to initialize everything so I can use it from the car screen.

(2) sometimes when the phone is plugged in via a cable, it seems to affect other non-carplay systems, like the rear backup camera. I need tof follow up with the dealer on this one.
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only downfall is that it sucks the life out of the battery very fast and I don't have the wireless charger on this particular build. Which makes me have to plug the phone in which negates the whole wireless connection feature.
All Broncos come standard with this wireless functionality. This is why I'm so baffled the wireless charger isn't available to ANY trim level instead of just the upper models who have access to the Lux package.. What is the point of wireless AA/CarPlay if you have to tether for power? I didn't want ACC so I avoided Lux but I will be installing a quick charge wireless power source and MagSafe to keep the phone optimally aligned when I get my Bronco.

My Caddy had a wireless charger but no wireless AA/Carplay... equally irritating.

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There might be a sync update already. See your dealer.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All Broncos come standard with this wireless functionality. This is why I'm so baffled the wireless charger isn't available to ANY trim level instead of just the upper models who have access to the Lux package.. What is the point of wireless AA/CarPlay if you have to tether for power? I didn't want ACC so I avoided Lux but I will be installing a quick charge wireless power source and MagSafe to keep the phone optimally aligned when I get my Bronco.

My Caddy had a wireless charger but no wireless AA/Carplay... equally irritating.
That wireless charger is more than likely already dated technology. Odds are you would have more trouble than it's worth, as they still are very finicky pieces of equipment where the phone has to be perfectly aligned more often than not. Now add a moving vehicle to to the mix.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you enabled the wifi connection from the Bronco to your phone? Wireless Apple Carplay requires both wifi and Bluetooth connections.

Sponsored

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wasn't impressed with the android wireless in the demo I drove either.... it would connect but if you skipped through songs too quickly it seemed to freeze up and I'd have to disconnect and reconnect each time. I let the dealership know about it.

Ford Sync hasn't been great with Apple or Android in any of our vehicles. I have to master reset the system in my 2017 Taurus about once a month. My fiancé just had to replace the entire system in his 2018 F150. Sure doesn't sound like it's gotten any better now 😑
My dad had the same problem with his 150 as well same year, with the bronco ford was saying they have an update coming out to deal with the delay issue, it seems to me that it is a wifi issue mainly with the phone end. If I drive by anywhere that has open wifi my phone will disconnect from the bronco, even if I've never connected to that wifi before, Ford told me that if you have Hotspot active on the bronco it gets rid of that issue, but im setting up an att account just to deal with a poor system. I'd give it time for an update to come out. Turn your wifi off on your phone when it's plugged in to get rid of that as an option see if that helps

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That wireless charger is more than likely already dated technology. Odds are you would have more trouble than it's worth, as they still are very finicky pieces of equipment where the phone has to be perfectly aligned more often than not. Now add a moving vehicle to to the mix.
I use wireless chargers all the time, everywhere (but the car so far) but this is why when I install in the Bronco, it will be a MagSafe wireless charger. It aligns the phone on the charger with magnets and holds it in place. Perfect for a moving vehicle. Plus, the OEM wireless isn't high powered speed charge enabled. The one I install will be.. I plan to install it in the same location as the factory charger.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my 4 door Badlands high package for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to let everyone know the Wireless Carplay is frustratingly awful. There is about a 2 second delay every time you push a button and the audio will randomly cut in and out while driving. My 2016 4runner doesn't have Carplay, but has no trouble playing music or directions via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting/updating everything but it still doesn't seem to help. Also not sure how to run Carplay wired via the USB ports. Do I need to completely disconnect wireless first? Can I use USB, or does it have to be the USB-C port?

Hate to complain about something so minor when I should just be happy it's in my garage and not a holding lot, but hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
Interesting, my car play works well and sounds good (compared to satellite) , but Sirius sounds terrible and cuts out with any tree cover whatsoever. I have had Sirius in a number of vehicles and it gets worse every time.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I use wireless chargers all the time, everywhere (but the car so far) but this is why when I install in the Bronco, it will be a MagSafe wireless charger. It aligns the phone on the charger with magnets and holds it in place. Perfect for a moving vehicle. Plus, the OEM wireless isn't high powered speed charge enabled. The one I install will be.. I plan to install it in the same location as the factory charger.
I'll have to check one of those out!

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used it at OffRoadeo and it was really good, I was regretting not getting Lux for a number of reasons, but that was definitely one of them.

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had my 4 door Badlands high package for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to let everyone know the Wireless Carplay is frustratingly awful. There is about a 2 second delay every time you push a button and the audio will randomly cut in and out while driving. My 2016 4runner doesn't have Carplay, but has no trouble playing music or directions via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting/updating everything but it still doesn't seem to help. Also not sure how to run Carplay wired via the USB ports. Do I need to completely disconnect wireless first? Can I use USB, or does it have to be the USB-C port?

Hate to complain about something so minor when I should just be happy it's in my garage and not a holding lot, but hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
What phone are you using? Version and Software Version. That may be an issue as well. Just asking, not accusing.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Probably not because music doesn’t “wow” like must people. To me it’s just background noise that my world doesn’t revolve around
One of my three sons is the same - prefers sports talk / has zero music interest.

Another bought himself a turntable and restored it, and collects albums.

The third goes no where without his music playing.

Last edited:

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Hyundai has wireless AA and CarPlay. When I purchased it I had an Android and it worked great. Switched to iPhone and never have been able to get wireless to work. Still not sure if it’s a problem with my car or phone but it is frustrating.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Aside from getting a little toasty, the charge pad in the Bronco has worked really well. Not nearly as finicky as my wife's XC90.
Sponsored