Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never bought a vehicle at or slightly under MSRP in my life. There is a reason why I have a excellent credit score. I don't make stupid financial decision and put myself immediately upside down in a loan or finance it for over 60 months. Some people are just clueless
Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The small sample size of the survey is so small (3300 people) that it in no way should be used to represent a demographic diverse enough to qualify as valuable to an opinion worthy of a conversation. Just my opinion though. Someone had a deadline for an article.
With the proper methodology you can use a sample size of 350 to represent the entire US population.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't even pay MSRP for a vehicle much less over. People are idiots with money and explains what I heard on the radio awhile back about most Americans not having enough money to cover a sudden $450 bill without it screwing them up.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a $ figure where ADM is not that bad. Let’s say you order a new vehicle and it’s a 2 year wait. Use the Bronco as an example. You can’t even order a 23. So there is a price increase you can’t avoid. During that 2 year wait your trade value keeps dropping. Then you have no idea where interest rates will be. So a small ADM might not be a huge mistake. Each deal is different. Doesn’t mean I like it. But I did drive my last vehicle for 13 months and sold it for 7k over what I paid to a dealer.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have never bought a vehicle at or slightly under MSRP in my life. There is a reason why I have a excellent credit score. I don't make stupid financial decision and put myself immediately upside down in a loan or finance it for over 60 months. Some people are just clueless
I have a great credit score, but I still make stupid financial decisions. Despite that I still won't pay over MSRP for a vehicle.

and yes, I have a Bronco and paid under MSRP for it.

Last edited:

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people are really bad at calculating percentages and they asked what percent over MSRP you would pay. They didn't ask an actual dollar number in the question.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread just cracks me up. Guys with no Broncos saying “I would never pay mark up.”Probably why they don’t have one. Other saying how it’s a “bad financial move”. Is it a good move for everyone, definitely not but people need to realize for a lot of people in America 19k is not a lot of money. Its not going to make a difference at all in there life.

Beeswax

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I make multiple 6 figures and would never do this. I just don't understand this mentality.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

people need to realize for a lot of people in America 19k is not a lot of money. Its not going to make a difference at all in there life.
Define "alot"

I've seen something that better then 50% of Americans couldn't cover a $1K unexpected expense.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Define "alot"

I've seen something that better then 50% of Americans couldn't cover a $1K unexpected expense.
You are probably correct, but on the flip side we have over 12 million(a lot), of millionaires in the country. As long as there’s a high demand for any item prices will be high. My point was we should not judge people how they want to spend their money.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are probably correct, but on the flip side we have over 12 million(a lot), of millionaires in the country.
Checks investment accounts... even with the massive market crash... yup still a millionaire.

Paid 8% under MSRP ($2900 below sticker) . Dealer tried to give me the MY21 price protection instead of the My22 Retail price protection. I'd have walked over $1200. In the end, he gave me both.

The average millionaire in the US drives a 10 year old Ford. Poor people buy new cars every couple of years.

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got a very simple answer to this. $19,000 to the buyer maybe $100 to you. Some don't care about the price. They want the vehicle.
Sponsored