First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
love my MT and still can’t believe how that four banger scoots this heavy brick down the road. Grinding noise is not ideal but it still runs fine while I’m in the eternal wait for parts. Another plus I discovered over the weekend is the ease of rocking. Was on a muddy trail and became momentum challenged…. Was able to rock back and forth in 4 high by quickly shifting from Crawl to Reverse much easier than I would have been able to in an auto. Took about 15 min and she worked herself right out. At least until I found the really deep spot but that’s my fault not the broncos lol. Sure there are days I think the auto would be convenient but the majority of the time I love the MT.
Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven’t heard of a problem with the manual. There is a noise yes but I haven’t heard of one natural failure tho.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I contemplated a manual after have only owning manuals the first 20 years after getting my license. In the end I didn’t need the manual for for rock crawling and I wanted the extra torque of the V6 which will soon get the Ford performance upgrade.

I’d really like a 6-speed V8 to keep forever before they likely go extinct in the near future. The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing wing with its 668 hp and 659 pound-feet of torque is likely to find a spot in my garage as my daily driver in the next year or two. My wife won’t understand but I don’t get her clothes/jewelry/handbag thing after 30 years together. :)

Ford Bronco Would you buy a Manual Bronco now? DC8B2161-4B5B-4569-9B58-9D7B557B84EC

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wouldn’t buy a Bronco with an automatic transmission. 5100 miles now and I’m very happy. Upgrades? I don’t like the shift knob, and the shifter rod could be a bit stiffer. 1st and 2nd could be a little longer.
Kind of agree with you on the knob, after a long day in the woods, or even making the mistake of venturing into the city where there is traffic, my palm gets sore.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I turned down the opportunity to buy a 2 door with an automatic. I then waited an extra 9 months for my 2 door 7MT to arrive. I’m glad I waited. As a bonus I don’t have the noise.

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided that I didn't want the automatic after a dealer mannequin test drive. Driving the automatic felt boring and soulless.

Learning how to drive a manual on a $50,000 vehicle is fun, don't let anyone tell you different.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, without hesitation. I do have the noise.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7mt folks, like their transmissions, have a few screws loose. Get the automatic 🤣
Youre probably not wrong.

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the manual, just got the Ford Power Pack and love it more. Insanely smooth with the rev matching.

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the noise and yes I would still do it.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have both in my garage, a 2 door Base/Squatch MT and a 4 dr BL 10sp. If I could ONLY KEEP ONE it would be the automatic. I am old, drink lots of coffee when driving and am past the time in my life I want to push in the clutch etc. That said......the M/T in the Base squatch is smooth like butter, the clutch is not hard to push in and the 4cyl responds very well to it.

In my mustangs I ONLY have manuals....(personal preference)

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a good deal on a abandoned 7mt order. My plan was to drive it for a bit and order what i wanted. After 3 months i decided to keep it. Even after the Noice

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my MT BL since 8/21, about to hit 30k. No noise, and an absolute blast to drive. All the reports have me nervous though, as my new MT BL is supposed to built next week and I'm hoping I don't get a grinder.

Rosco

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2019 Ranger, 2017 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

7mt folks, like their transmissions, have a few screws loose. Get the automatic 🤣
Technically, based on recent news, doesn't the automatic come from the factory with a loose screw?
Sponsored