First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am pretty undecided on this one guys. I have a 23 4 door Black Diamond Sasquatch Soft Top Mid package.
Leased it back in September and ordered a black Heritage 4 door thinking it would take a year or so but it is
here now.

The market took a dump so I am little negative on the 23 and going into the 24 so the monthly would be $300 higher, Would you do it?

I think about the equipment and the main benefits are : Hardtop, Appearance and appeal of the Heritage, 12 inch screen, slide out tailgate, LED headlights, cloth seats and carpet

Cliff notes: Would you take a brand new Heritage over a 7500 mile BD Sas for another $300/month?
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is this a joke? lolā€¦.no way. My .02 is If ur gonna spend an extra $300 a month go get a motorcycle or a sxs or something so u have a Bronco AND another toy instead of the same toy you already have with less money. The fact that u r upside down on the vehicle is bad enough donā€™t make the situation worse.

Sponsored

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lease(rent) vs Purchase(own)

truth be told, I might have cancelled my reservation if the Heritage didnā€™t happenā€¦

Last edited:

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could always keep your lease and wait for the elusive ā€˜25 refresh some have speculated. Only you know if you can afford an additional $300. I would personally buy the new one because youā€™d be owning it and could accessorize and make it your own.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope, taking a loss is never a great plan, and to have to pay more on top of that, that's not just a no, but a yell to the NAH!

DirectHit

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An extra $3600 a year is so subjective that it really comes down to how much you make and your other obligations.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am pretty undecided on this one guys. I have a 23 4 door Black Diamond Sasquatch Soft Top Mid package.
Leased it back in September and ordered a black Heritage 4 door thinking it would take a year or so but it is
here now.

The market took a dump so I am little negative on the 23 and going into the 24 so the monthly would be $300 higher, Would you do it?

I think about the equipment and the main benefits are : Hardtop, Appearance and appeal of the Heritage, 12 inch screen, slide out tailgate, LED headlights, cloth seats and carpet

Cliff notes: Would you take a brand new Heritage over a 7500 mile BD Sas for another $300/month?
I don't know the ins/outs of leases, but probably not. Unless the replacement Bronco had some key functionalities that would help take me somewhere or accomplish something the current Bronco could not. Such as if hitting a limit on trails with the current Bronco, or having trouble towing, hauling stuff, etc. That could make the switch worthwhile.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For 90% of people Absolutely not. If you have met your retirement savings milestone for Your given age bracket, own your home outright, have a credit score over 800, and have a three month emergency fund in a high yield, then have at it, you are doing well and can treat yourself.

Leasing is a fancy way of saying Rent. You are losing all the acquisition costs and torching through money.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ride out the lease and when itā€™s over you should be able to get a used heritage for a lot less. Your lease hopefully has the Bronco with a high resale value when itā€™s over. Current used car market is dropping back to normal. Hell, you may be able to buy a used BRaptor at the end of your lease.

OldHippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr ā€œNorbyā€
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
here now.

I got an email from the dealer that delivered my order saying that my Bronco has gone up in value and would I like to trade in on something else. Uh huh- riiiiiiight. The only thing I would have wanted was green exterior with gray interior, but hell- I could repaint and reupholster the one I have probably for about the sales tax penalty. No thanks.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing on your list appealing in the Hardtop, and if I'm getting a black Bronco, I wouldn't want a white hard-top. All Broncos have LED headlights. So it's a no.
Sponsored

Last edited: